Anthem of the Seas Big News

EJNutz

Is it too early to start speculating which Oasis class ship is going to Port Canaveral when Anthem arrives in Ft. Lauderdale?

The current speculation is that an Oasis Class ship will go to Port Canaveral when the 3rd ship in that class comes on line in 2016. You'll still have Oasis/Allure doing the Sat./Sun. Departures until 2016.

Just remember the key word is "speculation".

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Really you think that we need another thread/folder that has limited activity. :)

Even the Quantum folder is very slow, due to lack of new info, and as Anthem will be a sister ship it is unlikely that she will have many major changes. Maybe the Q sub folder could become a Q&A on Q&A :D

We need a new COUNTDOWN TO ANTHEM thread/folder...!!!
Edited by ChipLondon

Really you think that we need another thread/folder that has limited activity. :)

Even the Quantum folder is very slow, due to lack of new info, and as Anthem will be a sister ship it is unlikely that she will have many major changes. Maybe the Q sub folder could become a Q&A on Q&A :D

Brilliant!

There's plenty of activity on Anthem (even a few keel photos).

Heck...the speculation alone on how they'll move around Anthem's laid keep for Quantum's launch are dozens and dozens of posts... :):):)

Also, there have been comments from RCI about potential "tweaks" on Anthem from Quantum based on passenger experiences.

Then there are at least 6 new threads about the announcement and speculation on destinations. They'll be news on the destinations supposedly in early 2014 - only perhaps 60-90 days away.

With Anthem having a new home port in both Southampton AND Ft. Lauderdale...I suspect the interest and posting will be quite substantial.

Yup - it seems to warrant it's "own place".

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

No Nassau, please. No Nassau, please. No Nassau, please. No Nassau, please. No Nassau, please. No Nassau, please....:o

Haha I've actually started to love stopping in Nassau... allows me lay out wherever I want on the nice, quiet pool deck :cool:

Is this the first time that Royal has had three ships being built at once?

Keith

I believe the Voyager and Radiance class were being built simultaneously. So there could of been two of each class in various stages of completion.

Ive heard they are moving oasis three to ft lauderdale. That along the 3rd quantum class being there. Could they end up moving oasis 1 to southampton in 2017 and moving adventure bsck to the med? Discuss

I feel that one of the Oasis Class ships will go to Port Canaveral when the 3rd one goes into service. I also speculate that 2 Oasis Class ships will stay in Ft. Lauderdale. I seriously doubt an Oasis Class ship would be placed in Southampton on a permanent or semi-permanent basis as Anthem will be there during the summer. Oasis Class ships would not stay in Southampton during any of the cold weather months due to Central Park and it's plants.

I feel that one of the Oasis Class ships will go to Port Canaveral when the 3rd one goes into service. I also speculate that 2 Oasis Class ships will stay in Ft. Lauderdale. I seriously doubt an Oasis Class ship would be placed in Southampton on a permanent or semi-permanent basis as Anthem will be there during the summer. Oasis Class ships would not stay in Southampton during any of the cold weather months due to Central Park and it's plants.

Though I agree with you, I can remember years ago when people would say that a Voyager class ship would never sail any where other than the Caribbean because they had uncovered solariums. We all know how that turned out.;)

Though I agree with you, I can remember years ago when people would say that a Voyager class ship would never sail any where other than the Caribbean because they had uncovered solariums. We all know how that turned out.;)

True.....:cool:

I think there is a case to be made about PC given their recent announcement for a new terminal and the specific mention of "new" cruise ships and Port Execs having met with three of Major Cruise Lines in Miami. Only two of them currently have new builds in progress. Since Anthem is going to FLL the next likely would be Oasis III for RCCL (but anything can happen/change). It is also possible that one of those "new" cruise ships is a NCL Breakaway Plus Ship. One would think that PC really did their homework before they committed to spend $85 million on a new Terminal. So I think they will get something for making a huge investment.

I think there is a case to be made about PC given their recent announcement for a new terminal and the specific mention of "new" cruise ships and Port Execs having met with three of Major Cruise Lines in Miami. Only two of them currently have new builds in progress. Since Anthem is going to FLL the next likely would be Oasis III for RCCL (but anything can happen/change). It is also possible that one of those "new" cruise ships is a NCL Breakaway Plus Ship. One would think that PC really did their homework before they committed to spend $85 million on a new Terminal. So I think they will get something for making a huge investment.

I agree. Port Canaveral has been working on upgrading the port for at least a year already. The last time I was there the new terminal for Carnival was under construction (it's completed now) and dredging work was underway. The port's committment to build another new terminal within the next year is very ambitious and the timing is perfect with all the new builds underway or just completed.

Ya but people won't die from being the solarium when it's cold. The plants will die in Central Park if not in the correct weather for a long enough period.