Anthem of the Seas Big News

EJNutz

So when Indy became "Britishized" they got rid of the LOGO shop and started selling items that I think only the British know about. So Indy comes back to the US loaded with these cannisters containing stuff called (I think) clotted cream biscuits. I am sure you can imagine what big sellers those months old cannisters were, too. I had made the comment one time that the only stuff in my world that clots is blood. So there you go... cannisters of blood clot things.....;):)

...and don't forget you could also buy lots of Paddington Bear things.

I was worried before our Indy cruise in March, but I was able to get my Indy Ship Model (which, oddly enough, looks just like the Liberty model beside it on the shelf).

We too missed the Logo Shop, or at least a better-than-pitiful selection of RC wears.

Haven't even thought about it, but I hope the Liberty is better - will be back on that one in March '14

So when Indy became "Britishized" they got rid of the LOGO shop and started selling items that I think only the British know about. So Indy comes back to the US loaded with these cannisters containing stuff called (I think) clotted cream biscuits. I am sure you can imagine what big sellers those months old cannisters were, too. I had made the comment one time that the only stuff in my world that clots is blood. So there you go... cannisters of blood clot things.....;):)

In keeping with the "blood" theme, there are those black hockey puck things they serve for breakfast. I believe they are some sort of blood sausage.

In keeping with the "blood" theme, there are those black hockey puck things they serve for breakfast. I believe they are some sort of blood sausage.

That would be called black pudding! It looks vile and I have never tried it and never will! Eeww!

in keeping with the "blood" theme, there are those black hockey puck things they serve for breakfast. I believe they are some sort of blood sausage.

That would be called black pudding! It looks vile and I have never tried it and never will! Eeww!

That is so funny! Personally I would rather have the biscuit for breakfast and pop the black pudding (aka hockey puck) in the tins! :D

Guess I'm a little early given it's only 2013 still, but when do you think the transatlantic for 2015 might be released for sale?

I had the same thought ;)

Me too...or me three :o

I don't expect we will know more on the transatlantic until much later next year ...though booking for Anthem is due to open January/February next year.

Think I will skip the Inaugural (heck did I say that out loud:eek:) and look to book the transatlantic instead.

I hope the next Quantum claass after Anthem calls Florida home so I can sail on her.

I'm coming in late, by CC standards, but CC's facebook page said Hampton in the summer and Port Everglades in the winter. This will be great for me and a repeat of history of a sorts. I didn't go on Oasis, but when on Allure came out we were on it when it was 6 months old.

That might happen for this ship then, or at least still in the inaugural season. We like to cruise the last week of April, or the first week of May and many ships are finishing their winter tours and getting ready to TA. I want to try this class, but don't want to sail out of NY yet.

Me too...or me three :o

I don't expect we will know more on the transatlantic until much later next year ...though booking for Anthem is due to open January/February next year.

Think I will skip the Inaugural (heck did I say that out loud:eek:) and look to book the transatlantic instead.

I may decide to do both. I skipped the Quantum inaugural :o because I didn't want to to go NJ in November to travel back to FLA and the Bahamas. I know, I know its about the ship but I just couldn't bring my self to do it. :eek:

Considering most of us can probably cruise on whichever cruise line and ship we wish, we would rather sail from Miami too. It will be nice to try Anthem from the UK just in case we don't like her - not much chance of that of course.

So, the real issue here is that the UK is losing its local contact centre, and most likely the USA will to eventually. I wonder how many of the staff who are losing their jobs were invited to the Heron Tower event today?

My thoughts exactly. That ruled out Quantum but so glad to see Anthem in Florida in the winter.

It's going to continue as a mainly drive up crowd to Quantum in the winter just as it currently is for Explorer, which is understandable. Obviously there's more than enough demand to fill her. Personally, as a New Yorker, I think those cold weather month departures are great... take a longer sailing (the current Explorer 9 night is ideal IMO), cold for a couple of days, but comparatively reasonable rates due to only local demand and more than enough sunshine to make this pool lover happy

Edited by Dave85

It's going to continue as a mainly drive up crowd to Quantum in the winter just as it currently is for Explorer, which is understandable. Obviously there's more than enough demand to fill her. Personally, as a New Yorker, I think those cold weather month departures are great... take a longer sailing (the current Explorer 9 night is ideal IMO), cold for a couple of days, but comparatively reasonable rates due to only local demand and more than enough sunshine to make this pool lover happy

Agreed!

I've found that as I get older, I can't tolerate the extreme heat/humidity anymore, and leaving from NY/NJ helps to balance that.

Is it too early to start speculating which Oasis class ship is going to Port Canaveral when Anthem arrives in Ft. Lauderdale?

We haven't even speculated Anthem itinerary on 7 days from Florida yet!

Please not the Oasis class itineraries, please...pretty please.

No Nassau, please. No Nassau, please. No Nassau, please. No Nassau, please. No Nassau, please. No Nassau, please....:o

Watching the Live Streaming announcement now, and all I can say is "Where is The Wow", this is so dull

I hope the actual announcement has something interesting in it.

Totally agree. What on earth was it all about. A very dull school teacher type introducing classical music hardly conveys the WOW! Whilst Nimrod is one of the greatest pieces of classical music ever written, and whilst Jerusalem is one of my favourite hymns, it gave all the ambience of a funeral parlour or God's Waiting Room rather than a fun-filled cruise ship.......

If the whole point of Anthem being that she has a covered solarium therefore can do cold weather sailings why are RCI missing the trick and taking her away from the UK market over the winter months?

All we need now is the announcements of the itineraries and that Anthem will be doing the 'same old same old' itineraries that Indie has offered for the past 5 years for rigor mortis to really set in.

And if there is such commitment to the UK market why on earth are they removing their UK call centre, replacing it with people in Guatemala who have probably never even seen a ship, let alone been on one?

Rant over.

We haven't even speculated Anthem itinerary on 7 days from Florida yet!

Anthem could do longer itineraries out of Florida like Quantum is out of Bayonne. That way her days in port will be offset to those of the Oasis twins.