getting the 110% single supplement

ferret

Hi...

When I booked my first Seabourn cruise (coming up 4/9/06), I checked the itinerary & schedule, then emailed Seabourn asking for the 110% single supplement availability for that cruise, and a quote.

They returned a quote to me via email, saying that the 110% was available for that cruise. I guess it depends on how the cruise is selling when you inquire. I thought a second or two, then called them direct to book it.

I'm unsure what "run of the ship" means, other than if there's a better cabin unused (other than A or A1), they could upgrade me at embarkation. I'm just happy to have gotten a cabin (which was just a "guaranteed" booking).

Hope this helps...

Paul :D

ferret

Seabourn or your TA will be able to tell you if there is still availability for a particular cruise as there are usually at most only a couple or so at 110%. It's not difficult to ferret out. :D However, the number of cruises on which there is to be any 110% availability has been substantially reduced from next year. See my post at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=176701

When I booked my Grand Voyage for next Spring I actually had a different itinerary as my first choice. Unfortunately, there were no 110% single rates left for that cruise. However, the Seabourn Customer Representative took the time to search out the Grand Voyages that still had the 110% rate available and then went through them with me until I found one I liked. She was very patient and helpful and it was a great first Seabourn experience.

Martita-Singapore to Alexandria, Egypt-28 days, on the Spirit. I'll either be bored to tears (many sea days) or they will have to carry me off in Egypt, kicking and screaming "No, no." I'd be interested in hearing from others who have taken this "journey" since the Spirit does it, with some variations, every year.

thanks everyone; I'm looking now. I really want to try Seabourn. I've heard a lot about it being pretentious or old, but everyone seems so "young" at heart on these boards. I'm 28, but I make a good living. I cruise alone a lot, but I'm seeking something more refined that the mass market lines. The more I research, the more I see the value in luxury lines that offer low single supplements.

Thanks again!

thanks everyone; I'm looking now. I really want to try Seabourn. I've heard a lot about it being pretentious or old, but everyone seems so "young" at heart on these boards. I'm 28, but I make a good living. I cruise alone a lot, but I'm seeking something more refined that the mass market lines. The more I research, the more I see the value in luxury lines that offer low single supplements.

Thanks again!

Pretentious? Thats one thing Seabourn cruisers are not! I've seen more pretense on the mass-market ships. IMHO

I don't find the crowd to be all that "old" either! :)

Host Dan

Seabourn cruisers pretentious. NO WAY

As Host Dan stated I have seen more attitude on the mass market lines than on Seabourn.

We are all having way too much fun to even think about giving attitude.

Just my opinion.

mcboo:) :)

If you are 28 everyone is old.

I am 28, but I feel like an old lady when I travel. I was turned off everywhere I went on my last Carnival cruise. I was complaining (to myself) all the time. I cruise Carnival not because I can't afford better, but I thought that was the best place to meet other singles. But even though the prices are low, it's really not worth it to me to spend any money if I'm not going to be totally happy.

Carnival doesn't suit me. I'm not a "party girl". I love talking and making FRIENDS. I discover a lot in myself when learning about other people, and that gives me pleasure.

Okay, enough about that....I am having fun researching these cruises. How do I pick my favorite? :D

And Jane, I live in Limerick, which is in Montgomery County.

Easy answer-just pick ANY Seabourn cruise. That will be your favorite. In all seriousness, I LOVE anywhere in Europe....My brother and his girlfriend (in their mid 40's) just booked October 23 Seabourn Legend its from Rome to Malaga. It was only $2495. for each of them. I know you are by yourself, so you should check to see what the single supplement is.

You will love the people on Seabourn. I have met so many who have become not just great cruise companions but, more importantly, good friends like Ms. Martita and McBoo as well as many others who do not post.

Bon voyage....

cruisr~~~

JB, Miss Mary and I are soooo looking forward to being with you Sept. 14th!

I managed a great non-stop Continental flight from San Antonio and will arrive shortly after noon! They won't arrive until late afternoon.

Am off to Milan the end of Aug......but we'll be "touching bases" before!

"Book a Seabourn sailing......'lest we forget, later doesn't come for everybody!"

Martita B.

I live pretty close to you, in Limerick.

I sent an e-mail and they said there were 110% cruises out there but I should call to find out what they were...so that's what I'm going to do.

Best call them if there is a specific cruise you are interested in......I did and they quoted a price (run of the ship) for about 110% which is not bad at all. Considering the cabins, it does not make a difference which one you get.

I was in my early 30's on my first Seabourn cruise. It was the best! You will love it. No matter what age a fellow passenger is, in genreal he/she is engaging, energetic, lively, and interesting. As a single, you will have no problems being included in activities, dinners, etc. Book it!

Archived