Oh No ! Schoolies Week

I think in England it might be similar but not quite chav?

Basically someone who really doesn't know basic manners of being in public. And doesn't know that. Well, that's my definition. :)

They might treat the crew poorly, have poor table manners, dress in appropriately for a situation, talk loudly when they shouldn't; take over public spaces with loud behaviours and so on.

Edited by Pushka

Excuse my ignorance, but what's a bogan?:confused:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The term bogan (/ˈbɡən/)[1] is Australian and New Zealand slang, usually pejorative or self-deprecating, for an individual who is recognised to be from an unsophisticated background or someone whose speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour exemplifies a lack of manners and education.[2] Whilst bogan is widely recognised, localised names exist that describe the same or very similar groups of people.[3]

I find that mostly, people who use this word display aspects of the characteristics that they themselves attempt to claim about others -- eg a lack of manners. Did their mothers never teach them the virtue of non-judgement. ? I believe that it has been said "Judge not - lest you be judged" .

Barry

I find that mostly, people who use this word display aspects of the characteristics that they themselves attempt to claim about others -- eg a lack of manners. Did their mothers never teach them the virtue of non-judgement. ? I believe that it has been said "Judge not - lest you be judged" .

Barry

No, I haven't noticed that Barry.

I'm happy for people to judge me. I try to behave towards others as I would like them to behave towards me. They can judge away. If I feel that their values are consistent with mine then I'd take notice. If not, they can go their hardest and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

My understanding is that a husband and wife - both aged 18 (does that actually happen any more though??) - will not be able to spend their honeymoon on a P&O ship without their parents ! :eek::)

Barry

only between certain months

you have made a mistake the age is 19

Age Restricted Cruises - 1 Nov - 7 Jan Blanket Period AU/NZ

***Age Restricted Cruise*** This cruise is age restricted. All passengers under 19 years of age on the day they board the cruise must travel in the same cabin as a responsible adult. A responsible adult is a passenger who is a parent, legal guardian, or another adult, aged 19 years or older, who is prepared to take responsibility for passengers on the booking. This policy has been approved by the Australian Human Rights Commission, as it will allow assengers to enjoy the benefits of a relaxed cruise holiday, without the risk of being exposed to excessive behaviour

great for the Australian human rights commission and that the agehas been changed

15. Minimum age to travel

To ensure there is suitable supervision,

there needs to be at least one guest 18

years or older in each room. However, to

accommodate families cruising together,

children may occupy a separate room to

their parent/legal guardian, including an

inter-connecting room, providing one child

is 16 years or over.

Subject to applicable laws, for cruises

departing from an Australian port between

1 November and 7 January, any guest under

19 years of age on the day they board the

cruise, must travel in the same room as

a responsible adult 19 years or older. In

addition, from 8 January to 31 January, there

is a limit on the number of guests under 19

years of age who can travel unaccompanied.

Once the limit is reached, a responsible

adult 19 years or older must travel in the

same room. We can advise you at the time

of booking whether the limit applies to your

booking. The responsible adult is accountable

for guests under 19 years of age in their room

for the duration of the cruise, and the ‘Rights

of the Captain’ will be applied to anyone who

displays disruptive behaviour.

What is the question really about on this thread?

is it about the young people on cruise ships?

or is it about the old farts don't like children or young people on cruise ships?

if this is so then should the cruise lines be asked to have old farts cruise only and under 50s cruises only?

that do have swingers cruises and gay cruises why not old farts cruises there is the question .

or is it about the old farts don't like children or young people on cruise ships?

if this is so then should the cruise lines be asked to have old farts cruise only and under 50s cruises only?

that do have swingers cruises and gay cruises why not old farts cruises there is the question .

the question is about having schoolies onboard, i'm sure people dont mind kids as long as they dont miss behave and carry on being stupid....on some pommie ships kids under 18 are not allowed onboard

The title of the thread tells you what the question was. It has nothing to do with not liking children.

The title of the thread tells you what the question was. It has nothing to do with not liking children.

Agree. It's more about not liking the mentality of how Australian school leaving "kids" behave. These little angels turn into little devils during "schoolies" anything goes and often it's the first time away from mum & dad. Alcohol & peer pressure leads to these kids going crazy. The worse they behave the cooler they are to their friends.

I don't want to be around them and I have a child. I also don't want my son to go to schoolies (well he is 4 so a bit far off for him yet)

Barry

Barry, did you come across Chavs or Bogans on the Cunarders? Crikey, I hope not, what would the retired Colonels say, they would choke on their G&T's (gin and tonics.)

Edited by NSWP

I vote that old farts cruises be restricted to P&O Australia ships only. Floating Bowling Clubs. White hats supplied.

Edited by NSWP

Agree. It's more about not liking the mentality of how Australian school leaving "kids" behave. These little angels turn into little devils during "schoolies" anything goes and often it's the first time away from mum & dad. Alcohol & peer pressure leads to these kids going crazy. The worse they behave the cooler they are to their friends.

I don't want to be around them and I have a child. I also don't want my son to go to schoolies (well he is 4 so a bit far off for him yet)

most of the (Australian school leaving "kids") are 18 yrs of old and are not kids as you say. They are young adults

As I am travelling with three of my own children tomorrow, the question (and I am the one who asked it) is about schoolies week. No need to start reading more into it than there is.....

I am not a party animal type of person, never have been. I would not have gone to schoolies myself even if they had them in my day because I am not into getting wasted. Anyone have a problem with that?

As I am travelling with three of my own children tomorrow, the question (and I am the one who asked it) is about schoolies week. No need to start reading more into it than there is.....

I am not a party animal type of person, never have been. I would not have gone to schoolies myself even if they had them in my day because I am not into getting wasted. Anyone have a problem with that?

Well said christoden, i dont think anybody resonable has a problem only the above poster;) I have 3 young adult kids myself, & would not want to be on a cruise ship or anywhere else when schoolies was on.

I don't think anyone on tomorrow's cruise needs to worry about "schoolies" - I think its the over 90s they need to worry about! Suggest you read the 2 most recent Radiance reviews on CC for the recent top end cruise.....

Hope everyone who is onboard the Radiance tomorrow has a great 5 days on board.

I don't think anyone on tomorrow's cruise needs to worry about "schoolies" - I think its the over 90s they need to worry about! Suggest you read the 2 most recent Radiance reviews on CC for the recent top end cruise.....

Hope everyone who is onboard the Radiance tomorrow has a great 5 days on board.

Agree in that schoolies week is essentially finished, but that does not mean there will not be some party people on board still. I too, hope the cruise goes well for all concerned.:D