Oh No ! Schoolies Week

We've been on board for a couple of hours and no evidence of any schoolies aged. 'Kids' that I can see. Very few children too.

But lots of bogans in evidence ;)

Beware of the Bogans and avoid colliding with the Zimmer Frames, but above all, ENJOY !!!

Edited by NSWP

On board the radiance at the moment and huge mix of cruisers. Virtually no schoolies or none I have seen. Beautiful weather. Love this ship.

Glad you are having a good time, have a drink for me. I really am envious now, not having a good day at work.:(

I don't think anyone on tomorrow's cruise needs to worry about "schoolies" - I think its the over 90s they need to worry about! Suggest you read the 2 most recent Radiance reviews on CC for the recent top end ....

Think the person who wrote that review has a serious chip on his shoulder.

Would take that review with a large piece of salt.

Think the person who wrote that review has a serious chip on his shoulder.

Would take that review with a large piece of salt.

A lot of reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, even favourable ones, as they are generally subjective and offer peoples perspectives. When you read ten different reviews all saying the same thing, then maybe there is something to it.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

I thought schoolies were more into the fun loving p&o market?

We have just been on a P&O cruise to PNG and there were many older teenagers on board. They weren't any trouble that we noticed. There were also people of all ages, from people with motorised scooters, wheelchairs, walking sticks to very young children. There were many veterans on board because of their involvement with the war and Milne Bay. P&O held a very moving dusk commemoration service leaving a wreath in the waters. It was attended by hundreds, young and old and was much appreciated by them.

Incidentally we saw no laundry rage and, in fact, had no trouble getting to use a washing machine.

We stayed on for the four day Food and Wine cruise which followed. Now the first day of THAT cruise was a bit of a worry as there were people (not schoolies age either) rushing all over the ship, in the lifts carrying beers and other drinks and a bit of sidestepping was needed by us. However it had settled down by the next day (quite a few were admitting to hangovers :D)

As I am travelling with three of my own children tomorrow, the question (and I am the one who asked it) is about schoolies week. No need to start reading more into it than there is.....

I am not a party animal type of person, never have been. I would not have gone to schoolies myself even if they had them in my day because I am not into getting wasted. Anyone have a problem with that?

I agree with you absolutely Christodan. DH and I are the same. We had never heard of Schoolies until we moved to Brisbane and are thankful we didn't have to make decisions about our 17 yr old school leavers taking part in Schoolies Week. Ours just had parties or went to a club for a night out.

We are happy cruising with people of all ages - it's just those who have no manners or consideration for others whom we find annoying, but we don't let it spoil our holidays. :) Hope you have a great cruise.

My friend just came off the OP's Radiance cruise. There were schoolies on board. They were a bit of pain in the spa in the eve but that is the only issue they had with them.

We were on the same cruise - no problems with schoolies that we ran into. There was a wide range of passengers - lots of first time cruisers, lots of families with children and babies (how do they do it?), quite a few older people (i.e with walking sticks or walkers), quite a few groups who were identified by their caps, t-shirts or tiaras. The only annoying thing we found was that chair hogs were rife in the Solarium in particular. Many loungers with towels etc and no one to be seen. Quite a few large sunburnt bodies as well as it was sunny for the first couple of days and the outside pool was busy, though easy to find a seat there.

We also just got back from this cruise and it was lovely! I didnt see any schoolies at all - just lots of big groups and ladies with Tiaras, (what was with that?) that wore them the entire cruise! Even at the pool.

A real mix of people and ages but all well behaved.

We also just got back from this cruise and it was lovely! I didnt see any schoolies at all - just lots of big groups and ladies with Tiaras, (what was with that?) that wore them the entire cruise! Even at the pool.

A real mix of people and ages but all well behaved.

A Girls trip or Hens cruise perhaps? :D

Turned out all the other people were lovely.

There was a group of cosmetic sales people, they may have been the tiara wearers.

Was pretty disappointed that we never got to go on the rock climbing wall. Everyday we checked it out and it was never open.

Turned out all the other people were lovely.

There was a group of cosmetic sales people, they may have been the tiara wearers.

Was pretty disappointed that we never got to go on the rock climbing wall. Everyday we checked it out and it was never open.

Shame, that would be one of the things I would look forward to doing.:D

Not that much motion form the ocean, but it was VERY windy up on deck 13 most of the time, when the ship was moving. They may have opened on port does at some stage but I didnt check.

It is a bit of a waste if it is only opened on port days, most people would be off the boat.:D

I would think it would always be windy on deck 13.
Exactly what I was thinking, although less so on Port days.:D

Actually a sign said they only open rock climbing on sea days. And the slide into the toddler pool was never in operation either.

Strange, perhaps they didn't have the staff to supervise the activities.