Luggage Arrival to Cabin?

dvcmember

We've always gotten our bags promptly. Before life boat drill. Last two cruises they came very early - I was unpacked with everything put away before the muster/life boat drill :D

We've always had our luggage waiting for us in our cabin when we return from lunch. We like to unpack then so that we feel settled before the lifeboat drill takes place.

Quite a few times I am unpacking suitcases after lifeboat drill.

I don't have as much experience as others, but we usually get our luggage by the time of the lifeboat drill. On our last cruise, we got an upgrade and didn't find out about it until we checked in at the pier. Needless to say, our bags had our old stateroom number on them. DH's bag was delivered to our new cabin by the time we were back from lunch. Mine wasn't there. After the lifeboat drill it still wasn't there so DH went looking for a steward, and found my bag (bright red) at the end of the corridor waiting to be delivered.:)

On one cruise we were very early to check in and saw that our suitcases were first on the pallet. That cruise we did not receive the last of our cases before 8pm. Some came between 5 and 6. The answer was that since we were first on, we were last off according to the front desk. We did get our cases in time to remove our boots and putting on proper shoes before going to the MDR.

On a brighter side, our luggage was turned in at 10:00 AM for the Westerdam in Dec 2012. As a handicapped embarkation, we boarded at 11:30 AM and our luggage was in the stateroom waiting for us.

Our average for all of our cruises has been around 2:00 PM for luggage delivery.

My wife got hers before dinner but I didn't get mine till after we came back after dinner. So it depends on the loads of luggage that they receive at the docks. Good luck.

Did you let your wife pack your suitcase (like I did)? Maybe that is why yours was late. See my previous post (#14) for details.

DaveOKC

Edited by DaveOKC

• 3 months later...
As others have posted, we typically receive our bags before dinnertime (we have early dining).

Our last cruise we checked in and boarded later than most others (I think we got to the terminal around 2:00, maybe 2:30). We walked right up to the check in desk and directly onboard to our room to drop our carry on stuff. We did a quick clean up and, as we left the room to get something to eat before the muster drill, our bags were arriving.

Same experience here.