Can't decide! Holy land or eastern Mediterranean

Scarlet and grey

Just back from Equinox, venice overnight cruise and loved it!!

Planning our next cruise... Can't decide between 10 night eastern Mediterranean on reflection ( Rome, silicy, Mykonos, Athens, Ephesus, Rhodes, santorini, Naples, Rome)

Or holy land on silhouette 14 night ( Rome, silicy, Mykonos, Athens, Ephesus, Naples, Jerusalem and Haifa)

Any thoughts on Jerusalem and Haifa?? That is the difference between the two cruises. I'm concerned about safety in Israel. We are mid 30's, active, christian.

Thanks

We have done both itineraries and loved them equally. You needn't worry about safety is Israel. In fact, we were very much surprised how safe we felt.

Unfortunately, we were not able to go to Telaviv because of a holiday (cabs and trains were not running) but we loved Jerusalem, Dead Sea, etc.

There are military check points where the soldiers do walk the aisles of the busses with machine guns. However, we were told to leave purses and passports on the seats of the bus if we wanted to and I know most did and they were fine.

So---no need to worry about safety. Either one you chose will be wonderful.

Holy Land!

Emotional, inspiring and magical reliving Christ's birth, life and death.

Faith issues make the religious stops most meaningful.

A trip that will always have a very special place in your heart.

Never felt unsafe.

Either choice is fantastic. A win, win, win no matter which you choose.:D

Holy Land.

Emotional, magical and inspiring reliving Christ's birth, life

and death. Faith issues make the religious stops most meaningful. A trip that

will always have a very special place in your heart.

Never felt unsafe.

Either choice is fantastic. A win, win, win no matter which you choose.:D

I lived in Israel for two months when I was 15 turning 16 on a high school program and then again 1.5 years later for a couple of weeks. I can honestly say that I felt safer there then I do in the US. There was never a concern about being raped or assaulted for no reason. I was technically not supposed to ride the buses due to a heightened concern, but I couldn't afford a cab ride to Jerusalem from Hod Ha'Sharon so I rode the bus with a friend. There is a strong military presence and you will see many people carrying a gun. However, it is important to remember that pretty much every adult has been trained by the military on how to operate a gun as military services is mandatory (3 years for men and 2 years for women).

Interestingly enough, there was not a single bombing or terrorist action while I lived in Israel. But there bombs and terrorist activity in Atlanta at the Olympics during that same time period.

I cannot wait to go back and am truly hoping to in the near future. The only reason that I would consider not doing the Holy Land cruise is because a day in Jerusalem and a day in Haifa is nowhere near enough. It is kind of like doing Rome in a day - you miss too much! Whatever your decision is, enjoy!!

Israel is spectacular especially if you are interested in history or religion. It is also very safe especially compared to the US.

If however you are inclined to worry (and watch too much of the 24 hour news channels) then perhaps you're better off not going.

This would be a pity. You can be very very sure that if there are any issues, the cruise-line and/or the captain will cancel any ports they feel are unsafe.

The do NOT take chances.

We are booked on the Holy Land cruise because we wanted to go to Egypt. They have already cancelled Egypt. If there are problems, they will cancel Jerusalem too. I'm looking forward to it. I also looked at the Reflection, but decided to stay on the Silhouette because it is B2B for our TA immediately after.

In Israel, If you take a tour with a government licensed guide, you will be very safe because the guides are in constant communication with national security offices. They will not take you to an area that might have a problem. And, there is very little personal crime (purse-snatching, pick-pocketing, etc) that you would find in other Mediterranean ports.

Given that Israel is the size of New Jersey, your guide and driver can have your back on the ship within 2 hours, or less, if there is a threat.

Go!

Just back from Equinox, venice overnight cruise and loved it!!

Planning our next cruise... Can't decide between 10 night eastern Mediterranean on reflection ( Rome, silicy, Mykonos, Athens, Ephesus, Rhodes, santorini, Naples, Rome)

Or holy land on silhouette 14 night ( Rome, silicy, Mykonos, Athens, Ephesus, Naples, Jerusalem and Haifa)

Any thoughts on Jerusalem and Haifa?? That is the difference between the two cruises. I'm concerned about safety in Israel. We are mid 30's, active, christian.

Thanks

No safety concerns. Go to Israel. I've been 7 times. You'll have a wonderful time.