Travel Agent

ed99

We have cruised 3 times previously. We are planning a European cruise for next summer. Can anyone recommend a travel agent who has cruise expertise and can get us the very best deal available; preferably in NJ. Thanks!

If you generally book your own cruises you could probably book this one too.

Decide where you want to go then check which line offers the best deal.

Then check airfairs. Use a multi option site as opposed to airline sites you will have more flexability.

Remember when you are travelling to Europe there are a lot of time changes so give yourself at least an extra day when arriving. you will need somewhere to stay for at least one night.

Some cruise lines will arrange flights too.

Get insurance.

Cheers, h.

PS, have a go at planning yourself and if it is too challenging look for a TA that has been established in your neighbourhood for a long time, that will give you references, or has a clear rating in the BBB.

We have cruised 3 times previously. We are planning a European cruise for next summer. Can anyone recommend a travel agent who has cruise expertise and can get us the very best deal available; preferably in NJ. Thanks!

Hi and welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

As mentioned, we aren't allowed to give out travel agent names here.

Still, finding a good one is worth your time and effort.

;) Shop around a bit and interview them the same as you would to hire a new employee.

LuLu

~~~~

No can do, against policy!

Honestly the best deal you can get is probably found online. You've already cruised 3 times, use whatever you did those times.

We always get the best deal by booking directly with the cruise line through their website or 1-800 number.

The worst deal we ever got was when we tried to use a highly recommended TA. Didn't use her because we had already researched online and knew her "deal" was crummy. Have't bothered with a TA since then, and are thankful to not have to worry about the middle man.

Won't be found on here due to the rules previously mentioned. Word of mouth from friends and family that have used a good one is the way to go. The one to avoid can also be discovered this way as well. I found mine by accident over ten years ago and even though she has moved to a different city I continue to use and recommend her. A good TA is worth their weight in gold when something goes south. I don't have the hassle of dealing with someone on the phone half a continent away. She has her own contacts within the company that I would not have access to. A good TA is often generous with the perks as well for your loyality.