Whats one of your hardest clothing items to find?

Roadtripster

I am having a devil of a time trying to find some kind of white or cream colored sweater to wear to dinner and afterwards especially at the shows. That dang air conditioning makes it shivering cold for me.

Still trying to find something before I sail in two weeks.

What's been or is, your hardest item to find? Did you ever find it?

A classy looking, black blouse with sparkles for formal night for purchase before the holiday season. It took me a year, but I finally bought one that I take for all of my cruises....it's timeless! :)

I also have a bugger of a time finding fun flip flop apparel and flip flops themselves....just won three auctions in the past two weeks for those items!

Edited by islandgirlejfan

Well, it's not the ideal time of year to look for a white sweater, esp presuming you want something lightweight for a warm weather cruise? I have a cute cream cardigan with a bedazzled neckline from Target a few years back. I have tons of Target cardigans - they're lightweight (usually nylon/cotton blends) and go on sale all the time. Some don't last very long, but on the other hand, there are some I've had > 8 years, so.....

I've usually been able to find what I want, or realize I don't want/need it that badly and another option will do just fine;) Good luck in your search!

(right now I'm on the search for a skinny travel pant that is water repellent and comfortable with a little stretch. Options I have found that look like good options are >$200 and not available in stores so I'd have to order online and hope for the best.)

I usually have a hard time finding the one thing I am looking for (whatever that might be). For example, two years ago I decided I wanted a pair of white palazzo slacks for my cruise. Even on-line I could only find one pair and they were far more than I wanted to pay (plus they were going to need to be shortened). I looked for well over a year and finally gave up. A month or so later I found them in three different places for about half of that pair I refused to buy.

This happens so often to me that when I go shopping I try not to have a specific idea of what I want. I have a much better chance of finding something I like that way!

I have a hard time year round finding bras and bathing suits that fit~ Why is it hard for makers of these items to realize that there are women out there that are large chested yet not a full figure woman!?!?? I wear a size 4 bottom and a medium top yet my bras are 32G or bigger! I would kill for a bra that fits properly yet still looks sexy~ and feels good while wearing it~ For all I know I'm wearing the wrong size even after being fitted since mine are natural, I don't think fitters know how to fit for a natural sag! Sorry that got off track to a rant!

Also have trouble finding cute shoes that are comfortable!

Affordable petite-sized clothing that's classy/sexy not matronly!

Pants that fit my straight figure (smaller hips/thighs, thicker waist). I have too much shape for kids' clothes, but, apparently not enough for women's.

Shoes for my size 4 feet that have proportionally high heels. Seriously, 3 1/2+" heels on short feet means I might as well be in pointe shoes. Can we get sexy shoes with, say, 2 - 2 1/2" heels?

Edited by srlafleur

Guest maddycat
I am having a devil of a time trying to find some kind of white or cream colored sweater to wear to dinner and afterwards especially at the shows. That dang air conditioning makes it shivering cold for me.

Still trying to find something before I sail in two weeks.

What's been or is, your hardest item to find? Did you ever find it?

Try Lands End. They have some nice traditional 100% cotton cardigans.

Shoes, especially heals. I need wide for my toes & narrow for my heals. I also have a problem with shoes rubbing if I'm not wearing hose of some sort. I make due on cruises since I am not walking outside.

Mary Lou

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

Shoes, especially heals. I need wide for my toes & narrow for my heals. I also have a problem with shoes rubbing if I'm not wearing hose of some sort. I make due on cruises since I am not walking outside.

Mary Lou

It is shoes for me too. I hate shoe shopping!

Guest maddycat
I have a hard time year round finding bras and bathing suits that fit~ Why is it hard for makers of these items to realize that there are women out there that are large chested yet not a full figure woman!?!?? I wear a size 4 bottom and a medium top yet my bras are 32G or bigger! I would kill for a bra that fits properly yet still looks sexy~ and feels good while wearing it~ For all I know I'm wearing the wrong size even after being fitted since mine are natural, I don't think fitters know how to fit for a natural sag! Sorry that got off track to a rant!

I have the same trouble. I must have tried on a dozen bras at Macy's last week. None fit properly and none were comfortable. The hooks and shoulder strap adjustments are in the back and hard to reach. It was very frustrating. The designers must all be men. I don't think that they are fitted on real women, only models with perfect figures.

I have the same trouble. I must have tried on a dozen bras at Macy's last week. None fit properly and none were comfortable. The hooks and shoulder strap adjustments are in the back and hard to reach. It was very frustrating. The designers must all be men. I don't think that they are fitted on real women, only models with perfect figures.

I have had very good luck with Elomi and Lillyette. After I lost all the weight I went to Nordstrom and was fitted by an expert. I am now a 34G. I was just there 3 days ago and purchased two new bras that are very comfortable. They did have one that was very feminine and sexy but I didn't want to pay $98 for just one bra. The ones I chose were $52 each so I got beige and black.

Add me to the shoes and bra list.

I wear orthotics (thanks, Mom) in my shoes to push misshapen bones into place. Most shoes are not high enough to hold the dang insert. So, the search for attractive, high-sided shoes is constant and frustrating.

Bras...argh.

Shoes...aarrgh :mad: my right foot is almost a full size smaller than my left.

I know what the OP is going through trying to find an off season piece of clothing. Sometimes I kick myself when I find a basic piece that I know will work but don't have immediate use for it, so I pass at that moment. I've never been fond of shawls or wraps, I feel like I spend the evening trying to hold it on, or keep it off the floor (dang thing slipping off the back of my chair). I do admire them on others, they just make me feel so clumsy.

Good luck with your search! It may have to end up being an online purchase.

Actually, most clothes these days are fitted to/on/by computers. Not too many fit models these days.

If there is a store called Intimacy near you, it is worth it to go for a bra fitting. I went several years ago because I was tired of wearing the wrong size. Even after getting fitted in a dept. store, the size was wrong. The bras are expensive but even if you buy one, you will get your correct size. This store has been featured on Oprah and also What Not to Wear. I could not believe the size difference on a bra that fits correctly. Your clothes will fit and look better.

Shorts or pants of any style. My hips are proportional to my upper body/shoulders, but I have a very thick middle. Most pants are low to mid rise these days. I wear them, but I have to have a belt to hold them up, and they give me muffin top. I just want to find a pair with a higher rise, although I'd probably have to wear suspenders to keep them up... :rolleyes:

Soma bras are awesome and last long enough to justify the cost. I particularly appreciate the wider, 3-hook band.

@Happy ks--my three year old grandson has feet a size+ different. My daughter either keeps him in two pairs of Crocs (ugly!) or an expensive brand she found that uses a system of pads to fit the smaller foot. I realize that doesn't help you, but I was just commenting on the difficulties that I know you must feel.

Add me to the shoes and bra list.

I wear orthotics (thanks, Mom) in my shoes to push misshapen bones into place. Most shoes are not high enough to hold the dang insert. So, the search for attractive, high-sided shoes is constant and frustrating.

Bras...argh.

Orthotics are my achilles heel too, I use a beige ankle support toeless sock to hold my orthotic to my foot so i can wear any shoe i want. I looks like i just have an athletic brace on.... it opens up my options. Doesnt look amazing but at least no foot pain.

Think I found a simple lightweight cardigan per say, on Ebay. Should receive it in time. It will have to do for now.

Love hearing what you all are looking for. Not that you are having a hard time finding it, but that it is interesting to hear so many things are the same. You know what I mean. LOL