Whats one of your hardest clothing items to find?

Roadtripster

I only wear one brand of shoe and only one model of that brand. I have no issue finding it at one of the major department stores here in Canada but they never go on sale, at least not that I have found in the past 12 years I have been wearing them. Price seems to hover around $160-180 a pair. Thankfully my wife and daughter just took a trip to the US for a little cross border shopping in Montana. My wife found them. First pair was $70 and the second half price at $35. I'm good to go for another 3-5 years.

It is shoes for me too, if you look in my closet some might think I have a shoe fetish, because I have so many. I try them on at the store and I think they will work, but once I get them home, my heels slide up and down or the toes are too tight. Even though I am only about 5' tall and could use some heels, my ankles don't agree. I am all about comfort!

I have the same trouble. I must have tried on a dozen bras at Macy's last week. None fit properly and none were comfortable. The hooks and shoulder strap adjustments are in the back and hard to reach. It was very frustrating. The designers must all be men. I don't think that they are fitted on real women, only models with perfect figures.

That's ME~!!!! I usually leave in tears because I'm so frustrated!!

I have had very good luck with Elomi and Lillyette. After I lost all the weight I went to Nordstrom and was fitted by an expert. I am now a 34G. I was just there 3 days ago and purchased two new bras that are very comfortable. They did have one that was very feminine and sexy but I didn't want to pay $98 for just one bra. The ones I chose were $52 each so I got beige and black.

Thank you for the recommendations~ I'll check those brands out!

I order my bras from Soma. They are a little expensive, but wash and wear well.

I've looked at Soma before, they have one bra in a 32G~ :(

If there is a store called Intimacy near you, it is worth it to go for a bra fitting. I went several years ago because I was tired of wearing the wrong size. Even after getting fitted in a dept. store, the size was wrong. The bras are expensive but even if you buy one, you will get your correct size. This store has been featured on Oprah and also What Not to Wear. I could not believe the size difference on a bra that fits correctly. Your clothes will fit and look better.

There is one near me, I just haven't gotten around to going~ thanks for the reminder!

Shoes are really hard for me. My most comfy are my hiking boots! And runners.

I can only wear sling backs for dressy shoes and even then, sometimes the toe box area gets uncomfortable after a few hours.

Slacks or pants-- always too long, even when marked for petite. My inseam is around 28" .

I am having a devil of a time trying to find some kind of white or cream colored sweater to wear to dinner and afterwards especially at the shows. That dang air conditioning makes it shivering cold for m

I found some really cute and affordable sweaters in Target.

I have a hard time year round finding bras and bathing suits that fit~ Why is it hard for makers of these items to realize that there are women out there that are large chested yet not a full figure woman!?!?? I wear a size 4 bottom and a medium top yet my bras are 32G or bigger! I would kill for a bra that fits properly yet still looks sexy~ and feels good while wearing it~ For all I know I'm wearing the wrong size even after being fitted since mine are natural, I don't think fitters know how to fit for a natural sag! Sorry that got off track to a rant!

Also have trouble finding cute shoes that are comfortable!

In the same boat. I am always on the hunt for a bra that work with most, not all of my apparel. I've found that being fitted in a "bra specialty" store does not mean squat. Bra shopping can be a 4 hour torture season, ending with a purchase of 4 bras, and a few hundreds lighter. Bottom line.... maybe 1 will fit correctly. Please forgive me for ranting, but I hate...hate bra shopping, because disappointment is always part of the equation.

I was in Bon Ton this week and found a cute, cream colored light weight sweater for my daughter for Christmas. What I like about it is that she can wear it in warmer weather on our cruise.

It is casual, but smart looking, if you know what I mean. I will try to see if I can find it online and post a link. The Black Friday price was just $14.99.

The thing I always have trouble finding is shoes, like so many others here have mentioned. I have a wide foot, and it seems like the wide width shoes tend to look a bit matronly. I can go with a bigger size and make adjustments, such as adding an insert to the heel or tightening the strap on the sandals, but....

Why do shoes these days have to be ballet flats or stilettos? Gee, how about something in between!

In the same boat. I am always on the hunt for a bra that work with most, not all of my apparel. I've found that being fitted in a "bra specialty" store does not mean squat. Bra shopping can be a 4 hour torture season, ending with a purchase of 4 bras, and a few hundreds lighter. Bottom line.... maybe 1 will fit correctly. Please forgive me for ranting, but I hate...hate bra shopping, because disappointment is always part of the equation.

Boy do I know that feeling! I have been known to have total meltdowns looking for bras. I just bought five at Playtex store in the mall yesterday. Please tell me that I'm not the only one.....getting fitted is one thing, but I really need to know what the bra feels like on and I don't feel a saleslady can help with that! Yesterday, this saleslady was trying to help me and I told her that I knew my size (and *I* do) however I needed to try the bras on. I prefer a more rounded look, do NOT want underwires, don't want a minimizer and not looking for a bustier. Obviously I can tell what's what when I see them on a mannequin, however you are not going to know how it feels until you try it, so I fail to see why someone is offended because I want to try something before I buy it. (I ran the saleslady off!)

The thing I always have trouble finding is shoes, like so many others here have mentioned. I have a wide foot, and it seems like the wide width shoes tend to look a bit matronly. I can go with a bigger size and make adjustments, such as adding an insert to the heel or tightening the strap on the sandals, but....

Why do shoes these days have to be ballet flats or stilettos? Gee, how about something in between!

I have had REALLY good luck at Maryland Square. I am an 11 wide and have bought some really cute shoes there. You would think with as many women out here with larger feet, that there would be a lot more style! :eek:

Edited by islandgirlejfan

Another one who has trouble finding shoes that stay comfortable. I can find casual shoes, no problem. But dress shoes are a problem. After wearing them for awhile, shoes become very paingful. I have a wide foot and a narrow heel.

Now I have lost some weight and I notice that my shoes are very loose; the length seems to be off. So, I have started buying a size smaller.

I find some nice shoes on Maryland Square, Zappos and Shoe Buy. Then I use Google to find the best price.

I have the most success buying on line. Stores just don't have a variety of wide width shoes. I need WW.

The hardest thing for me is pants and jeans. I have a small defined waist but I have hips and a butt. It's hard to find something that fits in the hips and doesn't gap at the waist. Plus, a lot of jeans (particularly those labeled as curvy fit) have more spandex in them, which ends up looking like it's glued to my thighs and emphasizes them too much for my liking. You would think dress pants would be easier, but it's been very hard to find any that fall from the widest part of my hip and not gap. I'm also only around 5'3". Shorts or petites end up being too short regardless of shoes and regular length can be about an inch too long if I wear flats.

I've also been looking for a sweater dress for about 3 years now and they just end up too clingy and tight in the skirt. I'm not opposed a tighter fitting skirt and I know I can use a slip to reduce cling but the fabric shows everything. It seems like they are finally coming out with some that are more of an a-line, but those that I've tried in that silhoutte seem to look a little dowdy.

Another one who has trouble finding shoes that stay comfortable. I can find casual shoes, no problem. But dress shoes are a problem. After wearing them for awhile, shoes become very paingful. I have a wide foot and a narrow heel.

Now I have lost some weight and I notice that my shoes are very loose; the length seems to be off. So, I have started buying a size smaller.

I find some nice shoes on Maryland Square, Zappos and Shoe Buy. Then I use Google to find the best price.

I have the most success buying on line. Stores just don't have a variety of wide width shoes. I need WW.

I'm the opposite, I don't want to bother buying shoes online because I know I'll have to return them. Doesn't matter the size, every manufacturer tends to have their own interpretation. I have to try them on before purchase, then I wear them at home to make sure they fit before I wear them out of the house. Even if I had purchased a particular brand in the past, I've found that they don't necessarily fit the same as previous purchase. I guess I've just not had good luck with online purchases, shoes or clothing.

I've found Nordstrom to be the best source for shoes for me. If they don't have your size in stock, they will find it for you. They do have sales at times, so I can get shoes at a fairly decent price. As I get older, I find I'd rather have fewer pair of really well fitting, well made shoes vs. a closet full of shoes that hurt, but were cheap.

I always have to adjust every shoe I buy, whether it is insoles or heel pads or arch supports. I order most of that stuff on footsmart.com (see, I don't completely object to online purchase ;)) I like their stuff better than store brands, such as Dr. Scholl.

Oh where should I start?

Shoes - I have a wide foot with a narrow heel and wear a 10.5. That is the perfect storm of footwear. Why do 1/2 sizes stop at a 9.5? Surely there are other women with a 10.5. In sneakers I buy men's and get a good fit. Otherwise I am looking for 10's that run big or 11's that run small. Oh, and I can't wear heels anymore due to ligament issues in my right foot. So, I am always on the hunt for cute flat sandals or closed toe shoes.

Pants/Jeans - Finding tall pants/jeans is tricky especially since my waist and hips are not proportionate. I have the wonderful elliptical butt and a small waist. I find that Eddie Bauer's talls seem to fit me the best since they are fuller in the hips.

Lisa

Shorts for me. Small waist, large hips and butt. I don't like low to mid-rise so it's hard to find any that sit at the waist. Then there is the length... I'm 5'7 and don't want short shorts but I also don't want them all the way down to the knee. I can never seem to find a pair that is somewhere comfortably in between the knee and the top of my thigh. I prefer jean shorts too so that adds another layer of difficulty into the formula.

[quote name='CHEZMARYLOU']Shoes, especially heals. I need wide for my toes & narrow for my heals. I also have a problem with shoes rubbing if I'm not wearing hose of some sort. I make due on cruises since I am not walking outside.

Mary Lou[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Shoes for me too. I have a wide foot, need a high toe box, and can't wear heels. Hard to find something nice.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Riding boots. I have a very narrow calf (13.5") and most are cut with a 15-16" calf and look like clown boots on me. Just got a heads up that Nordstrom's has some narrow calf riding boots in stock, so I'm off to look at them this week. Annoying that the manufacturers make plenty of wide calf boot options, but not narrow calf ones.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

[quote name='sherilyn70']Shorts for me. Small waist, large hips and butt. I don't like low to mid-rise so it's hard to find any that sit at the waist. Then there is the length... I'm 5'7 and don't want short shorts but I also don't want them all the way down to the knee. I can never seem to find a pair that is somewhere comfortably in between the knee and the top of my thigh. I prefer jean shorts too so that adds another layer of difficulty into the formula.[/QUOTE]

LL Bean.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkslategray]Shoes, size 2. Bra 30 c. being 5'1 at a stretch and 102 lb when wet is not always fun when shopping. I long for real high heels; not flats with hello kitty on them :D[/COLOR][/FONT] Edited by middlehaitch

[quote name='middlehaitch'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkslategray]Shoes, size 2. Bra 30 c. being 5'1 at a stretch and 102 lb when wet is not always fun when shopping. I long for real high heels; not flats with hello kitty on them :D[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]
I may be able to help on the shoe front. My younger sister wears a US 5.5 shoe (and she is 5'9" :eek:), and she goes shoe shopping in the Asian community in Dallas. Apparently the department stores in that area carry tons of the smaller size shoes. It's worth a shot...good luck.

Lisa

Oh my - where do I start!

Wide feet making shoes tough, along with thick ankles & calves so boots are impossible.

I'm a big girl however my girls aren't (42 barely a b) :rolleyes: so I have a hard time finding tops especially anything short sleeve or summer-y because the tops gape open because there nothing to help keep the closed. I do have one cross-over top from Lands End that does actually stay closed. Edited by hansolosmom

[quote name='Alliezona09']I have a hard time year round finding bras and bathing suits that fit~ Why is it hard for makers of these items to realize that there are women out there that are large chested yet not a full figure woman!?!?? I wear a size 4 bottom and a medium top yet my bras are 32G or bigger! I would kill for a bra that fits properly yet still looks sexy~ and feels good while wearing it~ For all I know I'm wearing the wrong size even after being fitted since mine are natural, I don't think fitters know how to fit for a natural sag! Sorry that got off track to a rant!

Also have trouble finding cute shoes that are comfortable![/quote]

Oh I am in the same boat. Small body but big girls. I cracked a tantrum in target around valentines day. I actually yelled out. "Oh so i guess its only flat chested woman who like having (you know what) on Valentines day" They had all these beautiful black and red sexy bras out for valentines day but didnt go higher than a "C". Not that I think there is anything wrong with flat chested woman or that a C means you are flat chested i was just so fed up. Especially since they had a campaign going saying they have the largest variety of bras.