Whats one of your hardest clothing items to find?

Roadtripster

That is the same fit I pitched this week in Dillards because all the beautiful evening shoes such as those by Nina and Onex are so narrow my toes hang over the edge of every one. It happens every time I shop for beautiful evening shoes. What is up with that? Must you have narrow feet and only narrow feet to have lovely shoes on formal night and at cocktail parties?

I blame the manufacturers for this. I call it the "Abercrombie and Fitch Syndrome" in which the CEO announced that only "cool looking" (size ten and under) customers were welcome in his stores.

[quote name='Nelie']Oh I am in the same boat. Small body but big girls. I cracked a tantrum in target around valentines day. I actually yelled out. "Oh so i guess its only flat chested woman who like having (you know what) on Valentines day" They had all these beautiful black and red sexy bras out for valentines day but didnt go higher than a "C". Not that I think there is anything wrong with flat chested woman or that a C means you are flat chested i was just so fed up. Especially since they had a campaign going saying they have the largest variety of bras.[/QUOTE]

I've had that same complaint for decades. The best bet is Lane Bryant. They do carry sexy and lovely larger size bras and lengerie, but unfortunately they cost significantly more than Target lengerie.

I also wanted to approach a Macy's clerk in the plus size department the other day. Luckily I didn't because I would have looked so bad. I wanted to tell her to let me be the buyer who chooses what they sell. Frankly, Macy's doesn't have much of a clue about what plus-sized women reallly want to wear and that is why they have so much merchandise left over at the end of each season. Edited by Gangway Style

[quote name='srlafleur']Affordable petite-sized clothing that's classy/sexy not matronly!
Pants that fit my straight figure (smaller hips/thighs, thicker waist). I have too much shape for kids' clothes, but, apparently not enough for women's.
Shoes for my size 4 feet that have [U]proportionally[/U] high heels. Seriously, 3 1/2+" heels on short feet means I might as well be in pointe shoes. Can we get sexy shoes with, say, 2 - 2 1/2" heels?[/QUOTE]

That's me as well. I have a wider waist with small hips and thighs. Slim fit or skinny jeans work for me, with a mid rise. Low rise pants don't seem to stay up to well.

[quote name='Gangway Style']I've had that same complaint for decades. The best bet is Lane Bryant. They do carry sexy and lovely larger size bras and lengerie, but unfortunately they cost significantly more than Target lengerie.

I also wanted to approach a Macy's clerk in the plus size department the other day. Luckily I didn't because I would have looked so bad. I wanted to tell her to let me be the buyer who chooses what they sell. Frankly, Macy's doesn't have much of a clue about what plus-sized women reallly want to wear and that is why they have so much merchandise left over at the end of each season.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. They have no clue about what ANY woman wants to wear. Most ladies tops are made of polyester or other flimsy material. Polyester is not comfortable to wear, winter or summer. I want cotton, and not tightly stretch or fitted.

Yes, let the customers band together ant tell the stores what WE want them to carry.

[quote name='Barb Nahoumi']I agree with you. They have no clue about what ANY woman wants to wear. Most ladies tops are made of polyester or other flimsy material. Polyester is not comfortable to wear, winter or summer. I want cotton, and not tightly stretch or fitted.

Yes, let the customers band together ant tell the stores what WE want them to carry.[/QUOTE]

I like cotton as well, but love fitted clothing. I refuse to wear anything that doesn't hug my curves and show off my figure. I'm not talking skin tight, but fitted and gracefully hugging.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Target has never (that I've seen) carried a cup size larger than D in the stores. But then, I can't find my size (36DDD) at Victoria's Secret either (nor would I buy their cheap crap anyway, but that's a different matter) Mass retailers play a numbers game and the sizes along the fringes are just too rare among shoppers to merit shelf/rack space in the stores.

For those providers who DO give us what we want, we can be loyal customers!

I don't have a problem ordering online once I figure out what fits me and what I like, but I tend to face a lot of returns until I get there:rolleyes:

[quote name='Barb Nahoumi'] Polyester is not comfortable to wear, winter or summer. I want cotton, and not tightly stretch or fitted.
[/QUOTE]

Yet I prefer some of my clothing to be technical in nature - which can mean merino wool but can also mean some fancy schmancy human-made fabric that wicks sweat, keeps me cool, doesn't smell, keeps me warm, etc.

You ask for what you want, I'll ask for what I want:D

[quote name='Hoyaheel']Yet I prefer some of my clothing to be technical in nature - which can mean merino wool but can also mean some fancy schmancy human-made fabric that wicks sweat, keeps me cool, doesn't smell, keeps me warm, etc.

You ask for what you want, I'll ask for what I want:D[/QUOTE]

Agree, some of my yoga gear and all of my running gear is made of a tech fabric which is based in polyester. Very comfortable and I can't imagine how hot it would be running in anything but.

I find it really tough to find a nice, classy cover-up to wear around that doesn't look like a moo moo! I am a larger girl at size 18 and I like to hide my thighs. I'm not yet 40 but some of the caftans make me feel beyond my years when I try them on. My bathing suits are skirts so they can be bulky to cover up as well.

[quote name='funnysocks']I find it really tough to find a nice, classy cover-up to wear around that doesn't look like a moo moo! I am a larger girl at size 18 and I like to hide my thighs. I'm not yet 40 but some of the caftans make me feel beyond my years when I try them on. My bathing suits are skirts so they can be bulky to cover up as well.[/QUOTE]

Everythingbutwater.com has some really nice ones and they offer both misses and women's sizes.

Shoes!!! But winter boots are even worse. I have very small feet, size 5 and they are almost impossible to find. Same thing for the boots and when I do find them, the manufacturers all think that I have twigs for legs (I do not) and most often I can't even zip them up. :mad:

[quote name='DJSchib']Bras are the hardest to find with a bigger cup size. It's downright frustrating to find a brand that lifts and minimize. Any one have a great brand that is comfy and uplifting for a bigger chested woman?

Debbie[/QUOTE]

There have been quite a few threads on this, but.....How big is big? I have been 36 H, up to 42DDD, down to 36C, and now 36DDD. When my cup size has been up to DDD, Bali Live it Up has been my favorite bra. I've tried cheaper, I've tried (a LOT) more expensive, and this is still my favorite. I buy it when it's on sale at Kohls or at the Hanes Outlet [url]http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-119845/bali-bra-live-it-up-full-figure-underwire-3353.jsp[/url]

When I was bigger than DDD, I bought at specialty boutiques (pre-internet shopping....)

(FYI - the reason I've been all those sizes? I was thin, with a really large chest, had a reduction, gained a lot of weight 15 years after the reduction, then lost weight - but of course, NEVER in the boobs ;-) Edited by Hoyaheel

[quote name='Nelie']Oh I am in the same boat. Small body but big girls. I cracked a tantrum in target around valentines day. I actually yelled out. "Oh so i guess its only flat chested woman who like having (you know what) on Valentines day" They had all these beautiful black and red sexy bras out for valentines day but didnt go higher than a "C". Not that I think there is anything wrong with flat chested woman or that a C means you are flat chested i was just so fed up. Especially since they had a campaign going saying they have the largest variety of bras.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain! Sounds like something I would do!

Thanks I will have to check out Bali Live it Up. Just got a Wacoal but haven't worn it yet. Went downtown last weekend but the boutique went out of business I guess. Thought a store with a good fitting might be the way to go

Not sure how you online shop for one. Usually try on 15 bras to try and find the right one.

Thanks for the help

[quote name='sail7seas'][B]I'm always on the look out for great LBD's.
No matter how many I have, I still do not have the absolutely 'perfect' one for me. :D

[/B][/QUOTE]

If you find a good quality LBD, and it quite doesn't fit right, find a good tailor. He can work wonders and make the dress fit perfectly to your shape.

[quote name='ducklite']I like cotton as well, but love fitted clothing. I refuse to wear anything that doesn't hug my curves and show off my figure. I'm not talking skin tight, but fitted and gracefully hugging.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...[/QUOTE]

Oh I so totally agree with you. Last year I unintentionally lost a little bit of weight. I was slim to begin with but somehow this little weight loss gave me an even nicer figure that I want to show off. All of the shirts/tops out there seem to be baggy and really long. The girls are big so the tops pretty much look like circus tents on me. Grrrr

[quote name='Hoyaheel']Target has never (that I've seen) carried a cup size larger than D in the stores. But then, I can't find my size (36DDD) at Victoria's Secret either (nor would I buy their cheap crap anyway, but that's a different matter) Mass retailers play a numbers game and the sizes along the fringes are just too rare among shoppers to merit shelf/rack space in the stores.

For those providers who DO give us what we want, we can be loyal customers!

I don't have a problem ordering online once I figure out what fits me and what I like, but I tend to face a lot of returns until I get there:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Hey when I mentioned Target I meant Target in Australia. Which is slightly different. In Australia we have a different sizing system. Generally your top size is the waist size of your bra and our sizes in Australian are about 4 sizes different. I.E. I am a size 10 top which is a 6 American. My bra size is a 10 E which is a 32 DDD/E. But actually I wear a 12 DD instead. Every time they measure me they say 10E but i find it to tight but they insist that's my size. I wear my bra to high up my back which is the reason why the size they say doesn't fit me. I find it comfortable there so.... Target do sell some sizes above a C. There actually a section that sell DD E F but honestly most in that section look like they were made in the 60s for older woman. :( Older woman with big girls were once young woman with big girls :D

Bracelets and watches that fit my skinny wrists. I love bangle bracelets but most are far to large. And watches are worse. Watch bands if they are adjustable at all, are still too large with all removable links removed.i have to go with leather straps and often punch additional hole, Then the free part of the strap is too long.

[quote name='simplelife']Bracelets and watches that fit my skinny wrists. I love bangle bracelets but most are far to large. And watches are worse. Watch bands if they are adjustable at all, are still too large with all removable links removed.i have to go with leather straps and often punch additional hole, Then the free part of the strap is too long.[/QUOTE]

Do strength training exercises to build muscle in your forearms. Six months from now the problem will be resolved.

[quote name='simplelife']Bracelets and watches that fit my skinny wrists. I love bangle bracelets but most are far to large. And watches are worse. Watch bands if they are adjustable at all, are still too large with all removable links removed.i have to go with leather straps and often punch additional hole, Then the free part of the strap is too long.[/quote]

Yeah i'm in the same boat

If you want a sexy bra that lifts up the breasts and minimizes, get out your wallet/credit card and look at the Prima Donna brand. I was cruising the aisles in the Galeries Lafayette in Paris when I came across the lingerie department. My eyes went right to several of the Prima Donna bras. And they had my size (36G)!!!! The {intimacy} stores have them, and several of the popular websites (herroom, brasmyth, barenecessities) also carry them. You can't mistake these for Playtex bras and you won't pay a Playtex price. But, if you want that Valentines Day (or other special occasion) bra, this line is right there!

• 2 weeks later...
For me, it's comfortable but cute shoes and bras that will lift the girls but don't make me feel like I am in a straight jacket.

And, I like adjustable front bras, especially the straps. It's getting harder and harder to find these.

For years I couldn't find jean, but there seem to be lots and lots of options out there right now, so it's much easier.

[quote name='slidergirl']If you want a sexy bra that lifts up the breasts and minimizes, get out your wallet/credit card and look at the Prima Donna brand. I was cruising the aisles in the Galeries Lafayette in Paris when I came across the lingerie department. My eyes went right to several of the Prima Donna bras. And they had my size (36G)!!!! The {intimacy} stores have them, and several of the popular websites (herroom, brasmyth, barenecessities) also carry them. You can't mistake these for Playtex bras and you won't pay a Playtex price. But, if you want that Valentines Day (or other special occasion) bra, this line is right there![/quote]
Thanks for the tip on Prima Donna! I am willing to pay for a great bra that lifts and minimizes. After losing a ton of weight, I need all of the help I can get in that department. :eek:

Lisa

I don't know if the price is any better, but I just found quite few Prima Donna bras on Amazon.com. Do they run fairly true to size? I wear a 34D which is not real easy to find, and I need something to lift the old ladies (hard to call them girls any more)!

Prima Donna bras are great, but expensive -- I got mine at a specialty bra store; I can't remember the size because she assessed my size and gave me one that fit (and I've since cut off the tag). I always have at least one of them, but I do wear "ordinary" bras too (Wonderbra) because I can't accept having $1000 worth of underwear!