pizza lovers

boca7

Does any of the room service delivery charge go to the person delivering the pizza(s)? If not, I would tip as usual. If so, I would adjust the amount of the tip.

Is this like buying a drink a the bar where 15% is automagically added?

I treat that $3 the same as the $20-$25 specialty restaurant surcharge. Don't believe room service or specialty restaurant staff gets any of either amount and I tip them as I would normally tip room service or restaurant staff.

Delivery fee was $3 last time I ordered one, but that was over a year ago and it could have changed.

Personally, I think pizza may vary ship to ship depending on who is making it. Some days it's better than other days. It's subjective. I only tried Alfredo's once on the Sapphire and was disappointed. I've never been really disappointed in the Lido pizza places.

Everyone had different tastes. They are different than each other, but we enjoyed both the Alfredo's pizza on the Sapphire and the room service pizza on the Emerald better than the Lido deck pizza on any Princess ship.

I am by no means an expert on the Princess style of pizza. I have tried it on just two different ships in separate years (Island Princess in June 2012 and Carribean Princess in November 2013) and only from the Lido station.

I did not at all care for my first taste last year. However, I rate it much improved this year. The crust was actually being formed by hand, which is a big step up from cruise lines which have a pre-made, pre-baked crust. The sauce is palatable this time around. So their offering went from unpalatable, to something I will actually eat.

For those of you raving about the pizza, I wonder what you consider is good pizza. It's been extremely rare that I've liked pizza on any of the 7 cruise lines I've been on.

I'm a fan of the thin crust NY style pizza that has great Italian seasonings on it and is drizzled with olive oil and has great stringy mozzarella cheese on it. Is that what you can get on Princess?

It's been a few years since I've been on a princess ship so maybe it has improved.

For those of you raving about the pizza, I wonder what you consider is good pizza. It's been extremely rare that I've liked pizza on any of the 7 cruise lines I've been on.

I'm a fan of the thin crust NY style pizza that has great Italian seasonings on it and is drizzled with olive oil and has great stringy mozzarella cheese on it. Is that what you can get on Princess?

It's been a few years since I've been on a princess ship so maybe it has improved.

Granted I've never been to NY, but I didn't like the pizza on the Allure which was said to be "authentic" NY pizza--too cheezy, no sauce, hardly any toppings, and floppy crust. Princess pizza is crisp, thin crust, with a good sauce to cheese ratio (IMO) with sparse toppings (I would have liked more toppings). But the slices are big and the crust thin and crunchy. As far as what I hear about NY pizza it's thin floppy crust. I really enjoyed the pizza, just wished there was more variety in the toppings offered.

For me, I can like a variety of styles (thin crispy crust, pan pizza, and a range in between). One of the best to suit our taste is what I make from scratch. I make the dough; I cook the sauce. I have not found any identical product on any cruise line or in a restaurant, but I can still enjoy various types outside my home.

The Princess lido product is thin crust but not drizzled with oil.

One lack of ingredients we have found pervasive is Italian sausage. My husband has to make due with cheese or pick off the pepperoni.

I can't exactly describe the changes in Princess pizza, but my first cruise on the Golden in 2007 on a Med cruise it was fantastic. It was also really great on a Med cruise out of Rome in October,2011 but after that it has not been as good-the dough seems different, and fewer topping options?

Compared to HAL and RCI, I think it is still far superior,just not as good as it used to be. Their pizzas need to be banned from human consumption!

i've always loved princess pizza because it is very close to ny pizza--i havent been on princess in over a year and hope it's the same :)

my poor little brother disliked the pizza on ruby this september. He was a big, big fan of princess pizza.

Steve

seems like him & i are in the minority, i am on the ruby in 2 days & returning to the royal 01/05 & can comare the difference in a short span.

This thread is making me laugh. I'm on the Emerald Princess, sitting in the Horizon Court Buffet eating pizza as I type. The first piece of four cheese pizza was so good I went back and got a second piece. It tastes totally different and not nearly as appealing. Just goes to show that it can change from pie to pie, and is heavily dependent on baking time.

This thread is making me laugh. I'm on the Emerald Princess, sitting in the Horizon Court Buffet eating pizza as I type. The first piece of four cheese pizza was so good I went back and got a second piece. It tastes totally different and not nearly as appealing. Just goes to show that it can change from pie to pie, and is heavily dependent on baking time.

I envy you....on my favorite ship, eating my favorite four cheese pizza:(...only 36 days til I'm there:):)

Well, now you'll just have to back and get another one just to make sure;)