pizza lovers

boca7

If you were making the best product in your venue would you change it? Princess did!!!!

I started this thread in hope that Princess will realize that if you have a great product you don`t mess with it. The pizza which was always rated the best of any cruise line has decided to change the ovens & the product has suffered. They now produce a dough the same as what you get at Carnival. The topping is still very good but congratulations to Princess you are saving a few dollars.

I have always thought that Pizza from Alfredo's and pizza up on deck have a different taste. I like the pizza by the pool better. Also think pizza from ship to ship can be a bit different. I did not like the pizza when we were on the Pacific.

I started this thread in hope that Princess will realize that if you have a great product you don`t mess with it. The pizza which was always rated the best of any cruise line has decided to change the ovens & the product has suffered. They now produce a dough the same as what you get at Carnival. The topping is still very good but congratulations to Princess you are saving a few dollars.

I didn't notice any difference in the pizza on Lido deck on the Coral & the Royal in the last few months nor at Alfredo's. :confused:

They now produce a dough the same as what you get at Carnival.

Can you explain what you mean? Did they change their dough formula? Did they change their ovens? What ship? Are you speaking about the pizza at the Lido, Alfredos or both? There could be a difference at Alfredo's, as they advertise this as "gourmet" pizza. The change might be on purpose in Alfredo's, not as a money saver, but to offer a different taste.

I was also on the Royal last month for the T/A. The pizza on the Lido and in Alfredo's was great. If Princess is going to change, or already has changed the pizza ingredients to save $$$ it wouldn't surprise me. What absolutely surprises me is the fact that a great place like Alfredo's is still free.....

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

The pizza on the Coral in September was the same as the pizza we got on the Sapphire last year. Didn't notice any difference. Haven't tried Alfredo's. The pizza for room service is similar to the lido deck pizza although it's a smaller pie and the crust is thicker. Still same great flavor though.

What about the room service pizza?
After 14 cruises on Princess we finally had Room Service pizza on our last cruise on the Emerald. The delivery fee is $3 and is the same for one or several pizza's. There were the same three choices (cheese, pepperoni, daily special) as there are at the Lido deck pizzeria. They are smaller but we thought the crust was better than on Lido deck. Two pizzas were plenty for the three of us. Nice choice if you get back after a morning port visit and want to relax in your cabin with a bit to eat :)

I was also on the Royal last month for the T/A. The pizza on the Lido and in Alfredo's was great. If Princess is going to change, or already has changed the pizza ingredients to save $$$ it wouldn't surprise me. What absolutely surprises me is the fact that a great place like Alfredo's is still free.....

Bob

We eat at Alfredo's frequently and absolutely love it.

Please don't give them any ideas of charging for it lol

Gerry

We eat at Alfredo's frequently and absolutely love it.

Please don't give them any ideas of charging for it lol

Gerry

I'm sure it is only a matter of time before there will be a charge:( especially if it continues to be so popular. Time will tell but for now enjoy it;)