Bon Voyage Dave (DMWNC1959)!!!

sunsetbeachgal

I need to try that dish in the large glass. Looks like shrimp, guacamole, crab, etc. YUM!!!

That's the chile & lime crab margarita! You can get it by itself or apparently as part of the sampler platter. Delish!

Dave- it looks like you have been having a stellar trip. The ship interiors look wonderful-hats off to Teresa Anderson, yet again.

Looks like you made a good decision to do a B2B but hope you don't let that camera rest...

I have enjoyed following along.

I hope I get to hear the Beatlemaniacs at some point. I was in the original Beatles fan club back in 1963 and had all those free floppy records they used to send out to members at Christmas. In a landfill now no doubt. (sigh)

Norris

I know this thread did not start as a "Live" thread but hands down it has to be the best live thread that I have ever read on CC. Your photos are wonderful, your information is fantastic and if you did not cover some aspect of the Royal that someof our curious minds need to know, you go find out the answers for us. Absolutely the best live thread! Thank you for all of the hard work you have done to keep us all so well informed on the Royal. I wish you the most wonderful next week of your cruise. Enjoy! You earned it!:):):)

Edited by dstables

Dave- it looks like you have been having a stellar trip. The ship interiors look wonderful-hats off to Teresa Anderson, yet again.

Looks like you made a good decision to do a B2B but hope you don't let that camera rest...

I have enjoyed following along.

I hope I get to hear the Beatlemaniacs at some point. I was in the original Beatles fan club back in 1963 and had all those free floppy records they used to send out to members at Christmas. In a landfill now no doubt. (sigh)

Norris

Norris - those worth would be worth some bucks today. I have several of their concert programs, fan mags, photos, etc. from my babysitter. She gave me all of her Beatles memorabilia in 1970 when they disbanded. Didn't think she would need them anymore. Still have them to this day!

Dave thanks for all of the great information. I am so looking forward to our 26 days on her in April for the TA and Baltics. I sure hope Beatlemania stays on for our TA! I will stay tuned for your final week, hope it is as great as this last week! I can hardly wait to have that chile lime crab cocktail!

Dave...so glad you were invited up to the Bridge. We were once on the Grand and it was awesome.

Thank you so much for your awesome live and the beautiful pictures. My mouth has been watering all week!

Enjoy next week and I look forward to reading all about it.

I've missed all but one of the shows in the Princess Theater, so I was not there when it was announced that our Cruise Director, Samantha Hawker-Thomas, departed Royal Princess in St. Martin due to a family emergency. Our thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family.

Be back after lunch with more updates...

It will be interesting to hear how Princess handles "turn-around day" for its B-2-B passengers. There was a recent thread on the HAL board that indicated the passengers were very upset at the way their B-2-B was handled.

It will be interesting to have a comparision.:)

It will be interesting to hear how Princess handles "turn-around day" for its B-2-B passengers. There was a recent thread on the HAL board that indicated the passengers were very upset at the way their B-2-B was handled.

It will be interesting to have a comparision.:)

Tracie, we've experienced B2B's many times. What the H did HAL do?

Tracie, we've experienced B2B's many times. What the H did HAL do?

Hey Pia-

Here is a link to that thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1945245

As with everything, I take this sort of thing with a grain of salt. I have just never seen a thread where someone seemed so traumatized on turn around.

By the way, when do you leave? We have less than 3 weeks!

Take care, friend!

Tracie-Lynn

Hey Pia-

As with everything, I take this sort of thing with a grain of salt. I have just never seen a thread where someone seemed so traumatized on turn around.

It sounds like the situation was caused by two irresponsible passengers who wouldn't leave the ship when requested. I bet they were telling themselves, "It's our cruise and we'll do what we want. No one can tell us what to do" without regard for anyone else.

Good thing that HAL poster wasn't disembarking the Star in 2012. If she was traumatized by an hour's wait, she would have been in serious shape on the Star. People either don't understand or ignore that most of the time, these situations are not caused by the cruise lines.

Absolutely gorgeous day all the way around. Lots of great conversation, perfect weather, Deck 16 outdoor eateries and pool deck areas busy, five of the six cabanas rented in the Retreat, and so much going on today it's been hard to keep up. Ate breakfast in the International Cafe, lunch at Trident Grill and Prego (hamburgers and pizza were actually quite good), and I'm still contemplating Fondue's for dinner.

Tomorrow is Turn-Around Day and we are suppose to have our new cruise cards and information letter delivered to our staterooms around 5pm. It will be interesting to see how many are actually doing a B2B but I know of five from our Roll Call, myself included.

I did get pictures of the Concierge Lounge and Wedding Chapel and will post them tomorrow, and while making advanced reservations for our group for Monday night caught a glimpse of the Sabatini's Breakfast Menu for suite guests.

All pictures posted here have been taken with my iPhone 5.

And the manager of the photo gallery, in handing over the DVD from the 10/29 M&G, said that I must have a lot of friends. I can't wait to get home and watch this in the privacy of my apartment. I'm sure there will be tears of joy, happiness, and laughter. You guys are the greatest. Thank you! ;) :D

11257925436_cbc49e5212_c.jpg

11257926326_56104a12d8_c.jpg

Hey Pia-

By the way, when do you leave? We have less than 3 weeks!

Take care, friend!

Tracie-Lynn

She really was a bit shaken up, wasn't she? We must always expect the unexpected. And then some.

We leave next Saturday; the 14th. One week on the Crown, one night home and then 4 days on the Ruby.

Are we going to get to meet somewhere in January?

It sounds like the situation was caused by two irresponsible passengers who wouldn't leave the ship when requested. I bet they were telling themselves, "It's our cruise and we'll do what we want. No one can tell us what to do" without regard for anyone else.

Good thing that HAL poster wasn't disembarking the Star in 2012. If she was traumatized by an hour's wait, she would have been in serious shape on the Star. People either don't understand or ignore that most of the time, these situations are not caused by the cruise lines.

For me, while I empathize the OP, it was a little like a tempest in a teapot. But then again, I am fully able bodied and I do not need to sit as I can stand for very long periods comfortably. It was just interesting how many people speculated it was HAL's fault, or Custom and Immigration's fault, or the Port Authority's fault.

I do think that if two people are that obtuse as not to follow some very simple rules and guidelines, then perhaps they should be invited to disembark and stay that way. It is amazing the selfishness and self-centeredness of some people.