wHICH WEEK?

fourkittys

I am ready to book next years cruise. So now I have to decide on three dates....Oct. 19 or Nov. 16 or Nov. 30. I want to know if the ocean temps are much different and I love being at the beaches and FLOATING in the sea (I can't swim). The best price and cabin location is Nov. and would be able to enjoy the Christmas decorations as we never sail at this time of the year. This is the date I am most worried about the water temps.

The ship is FOS and would be the eastern caribean route, same itinerary. I really LOVE this ship! Your opinions are greatly appreciated! Thnk you!

I would not sail in Oct. for fear of tropical storms. I just got back from a Nov.16th cruise and the sea temps in St.Thomas and Antigua were nice and warm. As for Nov 30th and if you need to fly your airfare may be high due to the Thanksgiving Holiday w/e.

I am ready to book next years cruise. So now I have to decide on three dates....Oct. 19 or Nov. 16 or Nov. 30. I want to know if the ocean temps are much different and I love being at the beaches and FLOATING in the sea (I can't swim). The best price and cabin location is Nov. and would be able to enjoy the Christmas decorations as we never sail at this time of the year. This is the date I am most worried about the water temps.

The ship is FOS and would be the eastern caribean route, same itinerary. I really LOVE this ship! Your opinions are greatly appreciated! Thnk you!

A quick look just showed that prices are dropping on the 30th. To me the temps are pretty much the same and the chance of a tropical storm is pretty much the same historically. If price matters then the 30th is best just now! Also, there are some military rates on the 30th as well.

I would not sail in Oct. for fear of tropical storms. I just got back from a Nov.16th cruise and the sea temps in St.Thomas and Antigua were nice and warm. As for Nov 30th and if you need to fly your airfare may be high due to the Thanksgiving Holiday w/e.

Thanks for the tip on the airfare on Thanksgiving weekend...never thought of that. UGH!

Have sailed in mid-October several times and have not ever had tropical storm issues. Cruises are affordable (& have very few kids) and airfare is affordable. I'm sure the same would hold true for all of the dates the OP listed, except maybe the November 30th one due to the holiday.

Edited by 1ParticularHbr

Either Oct. or Nov.16. We always sail in Oct and its usually great weather.

Edited by riclop

There won't be much difference in water temps......you're from Indiana...no ocean! Anything will be fine!

For me, if I get too hot sitting on the beach, that's when I'll get wet....otherewise, the water is pretty to look at...but not a dealbreaker, as far as "temps" go. If you're hot enough, it will feel great!

The weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to cruise--prices are low and the weather and ocean temps are warm. We sailed during that time period several times.

I agree. The difference in price could make up for any extra in airfare. The chance of hurricane is gone, the water is still warm and the Christmas decorations are up. This hits your list of preferences.

Remember Hurricane Sandy was around Oct 22-ish to Oct 27 last year as it roared up the coast. [i remember because we cruised to Bermuda from Bayonne NJ on Oct 14-21, 2012. Those that cruised the week after us had their cars flooded in the port parking lot when Sandy arrived]