What happens to excess/ left over OBC after cruise?

CHAMPDDS

We may potentially have a lot of OBC for our March trip....if we fail to use it all up and still have credit remaining after the bill is settled, what happens to the remaining balance? Do they credit it back to a credit card? Check? Other option?

Thanks...I tried searching, but it returns so many threads that I would have to read entirely through due to it listing any thread with those keywords..

David:D

Edited by CHAMPDDS

We may potentially have a lot of OBC for our March trip....if we fail to use it all up and still have credit remaining after the bill is settled, what happens to the remaining balance? Do they credit it back to a credit card? Check? Other option?

Thanks...I tried searching, but it returns so many threads that I would have to read entirely through due to it listing any thread with those keywords..

It depends on the source of your OBC. If it comes from RC, it is Gone With The Wind.

Refundable OBC will go back to your credit card. Non-refundable (usually from Royal) would be lost. However, you can get cash against your SeaPass account for a 5% charge, so that would be one way to get 95% of your non-refundable OBC back

It depends on the source of your OBC. If it comes from RC, it is Gone With The Wind.

So if I earned $100 via RCCL OBC, but the additional was via RCCL visa points that are cashed in, then I can't 'use' the $100 RCCL OBC 'first'?

So if I earned $100 via RCCL OBC, but the additional was via RCCL visa points that are cashed in, then I can't 'use' the $100 RCCL OBC 'first'?

You cannot control which OBC is used first, Guest Services does that. However, people have reported that non-refundable OBC is used first.

You cannot control which OBC is used first, Guest Services does that. However, people have reported that non-refundable OBC is used first.

How do I go about using the "AD16-$100 ONBRDCR" non-refundable first..is it as simple as an early in the cruise visit to Guest Services?

And thank you all for such quick responses...love Cruise Critic!!!

It turns into dust and blows away in the wind.

How do I go about using the "AD16-$100 ONBRDCR" non-refundable first..is it as simple as an early in the cruise visit to Guest Services?

And thank you all for such quick responses...love Cruise Critic!!!

Guest Services should automatically use the non-refundable OBC first. You can visit them to confirm their policy.

We had a large OBC from RC that we only used part of and they offered us cash or a credit on our credit card for the balance. It may depend on why you received the OBC.

Besides the RCCL OBC for booking early onboard, the rest is RCCL VISA points that we have cashed in... I actually forgot about the original $100...may have to have a few extra beers...

Besides the RCCL OBC for booking early onboard, the rest is RCCL VISA points that we have cashed in... I actually forgot about the original $100...may have to have a few extra beers...

If you have not already prepaid gratuities, those can consume a good amount of your OBC.

We combine the OBC for booking on board or from a next cruise certificate and Visa points on every cruise and get the excess credited back to the credit card we use on a regular basis. Guest services does this automatically. I tend to over estimate the amount we need.

Edited by lakelorain

We combine the OBC for booking on board or from a next cruise certificate and Visa points on every cruise and get the excess credited back to the credit card we use on a regular basis. Guest services does this automatically. I tend to over estimate the amount we need.

Sounds like I am okay...Thanks everyone