Huge price drop!!

Pennipops

I booked my Hawaii cruise 04-04-14 back in January, booked an inside as thats all I could afford. Have checked prices today, and after phoning Princess to change my booking, have now got a mini-suite for £500 less than I originally booked for the inside! I am beyound excited feel like I have won the lottery!!! I have booked room D303, hope its a good one :D yay!

Checking the latest prices for your booked cruises often pays off like this. We did the very same thing on a recent cruise, upgrading to a mini-suite and still saving lots of money.

Now I'm off to the Princess web-site to see if anything else we've booked has dropped ...

Congratulations and enjoy your cruise!

Edited by beg3yrs

Can you get a refund or credit for a cruise already purchased? We paid $679 per person for our Jan cruise and I just noticed it is on sale for $499 now. Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks

It is possible. First verify that the advertised price is for the same type of cabin in the same section of the ship. If it matches the category of your booked cabin, then have your travel agent call Princess to get you the new price. If you booked directly with Princess, call them yourself.

Can you get a refund or credit for a cruise already purchased? We paid $679 per person for our Jan cruise and I just noticed it is on sale for $499 now. Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks

Most lower prices this close to the cruise are for "new bookings only."

Check as suggested, but expect that it will only be for new bookings.

I booked my Hawaii cruise 04-04-14 back in January, booked an inside as thats all I could afford. Have checked prices today, and after phoning Princess to change my booking, have now got a mini-suite for £500 less than I originally booked for the inside! I am beyound excited feel like I have won the lottery!!! I have booked room D303, hope its a good one :D yay!

That's wonderful Pennipops!!:D

Reader

That is fantastic and I know you're going to enjoy the mini suite :D

I have cancelled a cruise before the 'loose your deposit' cut off date and rebooked a cheaper price, reduced deposit with better OBC, however you need to be able to repay the deposit and be prepared to wait 6-8 weeks for your original refund.

I then ended up cancelling that and loosing my deposit because I found the 14 night princess cruise I'm going on for the same price as the 10 night P&O I'd booked, almost a third of the original price with $185 OBC. I lost a couple of hundred AU, but figured the absolute bargain I got for the cruise was well worth it.

This morning, I upgraded a cruise we are booked on for Nov. 2014. I asked if we could get price drops before final Payment. She said yes and that after final payment, we could get price drops returned to our card or we could upgrade some more.

That sounds wonderful. Did I hear correctly? Can you get it OBC?

We are in an ov on Deck Five. right.....near...the International Court and the Coffee Bar. Now that DH cannot smoke on a balcony..(and I am not sad about it) no sense in getting one. I have always wanted to stay in one of those cabins. has anyone on this board done so? Did you like it?

Edited by AmberTeka

I have cancelled a cruise before the 'loose your deposit' cut off date and rebooked a cheaper price, reduced deposit with better OBC, however you need to be able to repay the deposit and be prepared to wait 6-8 weeks for your original refund.

I then ended up cancelling that and loosing my deposit because I found the 14 night princess cruise I'm going on for the same price as the 10 night P&O I'd booked, almost a third of the original price with $185 OBC. I lost a couple of hundred AU, but figured the absolute bargain I got for the cruise was well worth it.

What is the lose your deposit cut off date? I thought you could cancel any time before final payment?

What is the lose your deposit cut off date? I thought you could cancel any time before final payment?

Me too. I just booked a Panama Canal cruise and final payment is not due until Dec 30 and my understanding is that my deposit is fully refundable. I am hoping we got a good deal. $1200/ pp for a balcony for 11 day cruise.

This morning, I upgraded a cruise we are booked on for Nov. 2014. I asked if we could get price drops before final Payment. She said yes and that after final payment, we could get price drops returned to our card or we could upgrade some more.

That sounds wonderful. Did I hear correctly? Can you get it OBC?

We are in an ov on Deck Five. right.....near...the International Court and the Coffee Bar. Now that DH cannot smoke on a balcony..(and I am not sad about it) no sense in getting one. I have always wanted to stay in one of those cabins. has anyone on this board done so? Did you like it?

Amber - It depends on the new lower price if one comes up. If it's 'for new bookings only' then no, you will not get the new lower price. I have rarely seen Princess give OBC after the final payment when the price has gone down. Usually, you get a refund to your credit card that you made the final payment with OR you can get moved to a higher category cabin. RCI/Celebrity are more prone to give OBC as compensation for lower prices that qualify.

More often than not, the new lower prices are for new bookings. Also consider whether your initial promotion that you booked under was with a non-refundable deposit as many of the newest promotions are stating.

It depends on the sailing length and time of year (holiday cruises are different). Yes, you can cancel anytime you want before final payment is due but you may lose your deposit IF you were booked under a non-refundable deposit promotion. There are a lot of these caveats lately.

Congrats on the fantastic price drop and the mini suite you were able to snag.....:):):)

Bob

Some sales promotions (USA/Canada) come with the condition that if the cruise is cancelled, then the deposit will be lost.

In the UK, cancellations within six months of a cruise result in losing the deposit.

It depends on the sailing length and time of year (holiday cruises are different). Yes, you can cancel anytime you want before final payment is due but you may lose your deposit IF you were booked under a non-refundable deposit promotion. There are a lot of these caveats lately.

So, if I used a FCC it wouldn't return to my account? I was not aware of this. Where would I look to see if it applies to a future cruise we have booked, but might have to cancel? Since it is a year away, I was going to give it till next year to see if we actually can afford it. Wouldn't want to lose my FCC's.

So' date=' if I used a FCC it wouldn't return to my account? I was not aware of this. Where would I look to see if it applies to a future cruise we have booked, but might have to cancel? Since it is a year away, I was going to give it till next year to see if we actually can afford it. Wouldn't want to lose my FCC's.[/quote']

If you are already booked, check with your TA (or Princess if you booked direct with them) and ask.

If you are not booked yet, the fine print giving the details of the pricing will indicate if it is a non-refundable deposit.

My final cut off date to get my deposit back was 4th Jan 2014, for my 4th April cruise. Still can't believe that they have dropped the prices so much before I had to pay the cruise off, or I would have been pig sick. My hubby and daughter were delighted to learn they didn't have to have bunkbeds, and not only did we have daylight, but a balcony sofa and spare telly! (and a glass of champagne apparently ;)) It feels like a mega upgrade with cashback! Still pinching myself. Good luck to everyone else hope you all get good deals.