Fort lauderdale port. Anything to do?

xrayjng

Agree with Keith that you should just head over to the port when you want late morning. Chances are you will board before 12:30. Some cruiselines just don't want the usual crazy rush at 10:30-11:00.

Sounds like you won't be in ft the night before? Are you arriving via plane the morning of?

I am arriving early am. Ill hang out and wait I don't care. I just thought if some things were within walking of pier I would check it out.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Nothing really within walking distance of the pier. The port area is not pedestrian friendly and is a very large area. You can either hang out at the airport or take a taxi to the 17st area to have breakfast somewhere.

I am arriving early am. Ill hang out and wait I don't care. I just thought if some things were within walking of pier I would check it out.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I would suggest you take your time and not arrive at the port before 1:30. I would say pack a bathing suit and towel in your carry-on and head to the beach, but what will you do with your luggage? You could rent a car for a few hours.

It's also a bad idea to fly from up North the same day as your cruise.

Edited by Florissouri

Assuming, arguendo, that you are sailing on Celebrity, no problem boarding 11:00-12:00 noon. Take your carry on with you; and, have a nice lunch onboard. Your cabin will probably be available between 1:00 and 1:30. On the S class you can eat a nice healthy lunch at the Aqua Spa Cafe; and, then repair to the Solarium for a relaxing snooze or some pool time.