Bringing a bomber (750ML or 22oz) of beer on board in place of wine

cardinals218

Not only wouldn't I chance taking it aboard, I probably wouldn't leave it at home unattended, either. I suggest you send it to me and I'll keep an eye on it. I can be trusted. I still have 4 bottles left out of my 2013 case of Hopslam. :D

Just picked up a 4-pack of BCS myself. Can't justify buying bombers, as I rarely have more than one friend over at a time that can tolerate it, and I can't do much more than 12oz. at a time, myself.

While Michael's doesn't have the end-all beer list, it's pretty decent, and I'm the second biggest beer snob I know.

Ha! This made me laugh. Very lucky I grabbed a bottle of the coconut BCS from my Binny's. The coffee BCS this year is tasting very good (my wife's new favorite beer).

Thanks to everyone that understood my intent. Was just curious if this has came up before, not trying to get into a discussion on sneaking booze on a ship.

I will send a message to Celebrity about this as well, but based on what I have read on here, a confirmation from Celebrity corporate has very little to do from what is actually practiced at the pier/on the boat, so it will still be a crapshoot.

Ha! This made me laugh. Very lucky I grabbed a bottle of the coconut BCS from my Binny's. The coffee BCS this year is tasting very good (my wife's new favorite beer).

Thanks to everyone that understood my intent. Was just curious if this has came up before, not trying to get into a discussion on sneaking booze on a ship.

I will send a message to Celebrity about this as well, but based on what I have read on here, a confirmation from Celebrity corporate has very little to do from what is actually practiced at the pier/on the boat, so it will still be a crapshoot.

Good luck with your cruise, drink your beer as a 'Bon Voyage' treat the weekend before you leave.:D

We hate to sustain a smuggling thread, but... folks it is one or two weeks without your specific beer, liquor, or wine. They have plenty of options on board, maybe even a few new ones for you to taste and enjoy. One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer. Enjoy Cruising.

Hello,

A question. We are sailing on the Silhouette leaving on December 15 to celebrate two birthdays and a law school graduation. I was wondering if anyone has had sucess bringing in two large format beers in place of wine?

Most of the people in our group enjoy bourbon barrel aged beers and I was lucky enough to pick up a Goose Island Proprietor's Bourbon County Brand Stout (14.1% ABV) which would we would love to have on board to celebrate with one night.

Thanks

Hi @Cardinals218, can you please send us an email to concerns@celebrity.com. Please make sure to include your name, and reservation number. Thanks!

Hopefully they are willing to make an exception for you. In reading this post and the many replies I personally wouldn't hesitate to take ONE bottle of beer on board in lieu of my one bottle of wine.

Please let us know if X approves this for you (assuming of course you are allowed to spill the beans afterwards).

Thanks for the reply. Not worth the hassle I guess, I'll just leave it at home. You would think with Celebrity's move towards craft beer they may want to revisit this policy.

Curious, what is the definition of wine?

1: why would they do that when they can just SELL you fancy malt beverages?

2: 100% grape juice(fermented)

1: why would they do that when they can just SELL you fancy malt beverages?

2: 100% grape juice(fermented)

Wine is 100% grapes???? obviously you've never heard of (or guzzled - you notice I didn't say 'sip'!) Anne Green Springs, Ruinite, Red Mountain Jug Wine (had to drink that stuff quick before the color settled).

You are missing a whole world of great sugared-water with a bit of fermented grapes added.

Den

Edited by Denny01

Wine is 100% grapes???? obviously you've never heard of (or guzzled - you notice I didn't say 'sip'!) Anne Green Springs, Ruinite, Red Mountain Jug Wine (had to drink that stuff quick before the color settled).

You are missing a whole world of great sugared-water with a bit of fermented grapes added.

Den

I outgrew Arbor Mist et al. After college. the moonshine is saved for my yearly holiday chocolate covered cherry making....

[quote name='spookwife']I outgrew Arbor Mist et al. After college. the moonshine is saved for my yearly holiday chocolate covered cherry making....[/QUOTE]

[B][U][CENTER]Kid you not. You can buy Midnight Moon in your local grocery store or liquor store!:eek::D

$16.40 for a large mason jar at my local store!:p

Get your moonshine on!;):D[/CENTER][/U][/B]