Equinox - A Few Questions

PMT51

Hi Folks. We have sailed X a few times, but this will be our first time on the Equinox (31 Jan) and have a few questions.

What time Café al Bacio opens in the morning?

What time does the gym open in the morning? Is it busy?

Do they have a free morning gym class? Is it gentle?

Is there a free sauna in the changing rooms by the spa?

Is there anyway of rigging a clothes line in the bathroom?

Is the Relaxation Lounge on deck 11 open to everyone?

What jerseys should we bring for the Super Bowl game?

Thank you everyone.

Hi Folks. We have sailed X a few times, but this will be our first time on the Equinox (31 Jan) and have a few questions.

What time Café al Bacio opens in the morning? varies based on port schedule, I saw it open as early as 6 am and as late as 7 am

What time does the gym open in the morning? 6am crowds vsry by cruise but it is almost always more crowded at the beginning rather than the end of the cruise Is it busy?

Do they have a free morning gym class? Is it gentle? don't know

Is there a free sauna in the changing rooms by the spa? yes

Is there anyway of rigging a clothes line in the bathroom?don't know

Is the Relaxation Lounge on deck 11 open to everyone?don't know

Thank you everyone.

See my answers above in red enjoy your cruise we had a great time, the staff were awesome and the ship is in great shape.

Take along a string (like one on venetian blinds). Tie one end to the shower nozzle, make a loop over one of the small hooks on the inside of the shower and then tie the other end to the shower door rod right where the doors close. It is not great but it works for light items. You can also take along some plastic clip hangers like you get free from various stores and hang them on the small hooks in the shower or better yet on the shower door frame. Hope this helps. All of the walls are magnetic in your cabin so you can use heavy duty magnlts with or without hooks, to hank up washed items..

Thank you everyone.

I dont know the answers to the first 6 questions but if I were you I'd be packing a New England Patriots Tom Brady jersey!:D

On in April....clarify... does the shower have or have NOT an internal zip line clothes string like most other ships.

Hi, nope, the S class ships do NOT have a clothesline string in the shower.

Relaxation room is supposed to be for Aqua Class cabins and those waiting for Spa appointments. My experience is they don't enforce it.

Jerseys for the Superbowl we will not know until mid. Jan. however if you wish you could wear a Giants or Jets jersey since the game is in New Jersey.

Edited by dkjretired

Thank you everyone. I will be sure to bring some heavy string and give your idea a try.

I guess cruiseship gyms are like on land gyms in January, everyone (including DH and I) starts out with good intentions, but as time goes on. Maybe a pre-work out expresso will help ;-)

Patriots vs Brancos (DH's team)?????

We have had success running one from the magazine rack on the outboard side of the cabinet to the tie back hook for the curtains. It is low, but works fine for swim apparel. I am thinking this works best for beds near the veranda where the line runs along the wall at the bottom of the bed. While the bathroom is well laid out, there is not much room for string running.

Thank you everyone.

PMT51, I'm on your sailing with a group that did this exact same cruise this past February. Come join our roll call, we're happy to share our Equinox advice. According to the Celebrity Today dailies from last cruise Cafe al Bacio opens at 7 AM, the gym is open from 6AM to 11PM. Some of the classes are free, some such as yoga and Pilates have an extra charge. Yes there is a sauna and no clothes line in the stateroom bathroom. Relaxation lounge is not open to everyone and it was enforced on our sailing. Stay tuned for which Super Bowl jersey you should bring.

Toni

Hi. The relaxation room is for those who book spa appointments and for those who are in aqua class. They did enforce it when we were on the equinox. There are spa employees right there at the relaxation room , and we had to flash our aqua room key card as did anyone else going in there

Edited by 4cats4me

Take along a string (like one on venetian blinds). Tie one end to the shower nozzle, make a loop over one of the small hooks on the inside of the shower and then tie the other end to the shower door rod right where the doors close. It is not great but it works for light items. You can also take along some plastic clip hangers like you get free from various stores and hang them on the small hooks in the shower or better yet on the shower door frame. Hope this helps. All of the walls are magnetic in your cabin so you can use heavy duty magnlts with or without hooks, to hank up washed items..

We have a travel clothes line with suction cups on the end that stick to the shower tiles. You do not need clothespins as the line is sort of woven and you can hang your socks or other items through the openings of the line. I think we bought it at REI.