Unlimited Soda & More Package Questions

tldmat

Going on our first Princess cruise and have been reading up on the Unlimited Soda & More Package. A few questions:

Is there a list/menu of the mocktails and smoothies that are available?

Are the mocktails,smoothies or milkshakes available sugar free?

Can the package be used on Princess Cays for anything?

Thanks for your help.

1. Most but not all are listed in menus on the tables

You can ask for something you like "virgin"

2. No sugar free that I am aware of

3. Cannot use it on Princess Cay so I have heard (I don't get off ship so no first hand info)

I always get at least 3-4 mock tails a day and 3-4 sodas so worth it to me. About 52.00 I think

Cost is $7 per day + 15% gratuity (or $8.05 per day---a week cruise is $56.35).

You can be inventive with your mocktails. Since the bar has passion fruit purée, I have had them make me a virgin passion fruit piña colada, as an alternative to the regular piña colada.

Don't forget, you can go get ice cream too with the card.

It also includes juices all day long.

A can of soda costs $2.50. A mocktail is about $5.00. You can judge how much you would be drinking and see if it is worth it.

I didn't ask for sugar free but do know they have a plain tomato juice.

I am diabetic and keep good control of my numbers. I would have one mock one a day if I exercised. Felt I too needed a 'drink' while cruising too! Numbers still stayed in the good zone.

Don't forget, you can go get ice cream too with the card.

There is no charge for soft serve ice cream at Sundaes. You don't need the Unlimited Soda and More Package for that. The US&M card is good for milk shakes at Sundaes though, which do have a charge.

I know on Princess Cays, you can not use the soda part of the Unlimited Soda card as they don't have soda guns on the island only cans.

At one time, you could get the mocktails on Princess Cays. Can you still get the mocktails there?

There is hard and soft ice cream at Sundaes. There is no charge for the ice cream only for the milkshakes.

A can of soda costs $2.50. A mocktail is about $5.00. You can judge how much you would be drinking and see if it is worth it.

To be exact: Cans of soda are $1.95 ($2.24 with gratuity). Mocktails are $4.00 ($4.60 with gratutity).

You can pre buy it online at the Princess web site or get it onboard. Cost is the same either way at $8.05 per day. Both/all passengers in the cabin do not have to buy it. You must however buy it for the full duration of the cruise. If you pre buy it online it will be charged to your credit card. If you buy it on the ship it will go on your account. A 15% gratuity is included in the $8.05 price.

If you are going on the Royal Princess they do not have milkshakes. My husband always purchases the Unlimited soda & more package for the milk shakes and when he went to order on one the Royal they told him they did not have milkshakes. He went to passenger services deck and they refunded him the difference between the ultimate card and the regular soda card.

Do you purchase this onboard or in advance? Do both passengers in the same room have to buy?

I have read that if you wait and buy it after the ship is at sea, you save on the tax you would be charged if you purchased as soon as you get onboard.

I have read that if you wait and buy it after the ship is at sea, you save on the tax you would be charged if you purchased as soon as you get onboard.

On Princess, I have always bought before the ship sailed. I have never been charged extra tax (even out of Houston last month!).

I recall the bar staff write it on a separate slip (often they are at a table that is not by a computer terminal). The slip is entered to the system later in the evening (based on the time on my folio printout).

I always pre buy the one for the wife as she really likes the Mocktails. The cost is the exact same as if I bought it on board. $8.05 including the gratuity which ever way you go. Same with the bottle of wine I always buy for sail away on our balcony. Never been charged any type of tax.

On Princess, I have always bought before the ship sailed. I have never been charged extra tax (even out of Houston last month!).

Some ports now do have sales tax that affects cruise ship sales until the ships are out of state waters. This includes Port Everglades and any port in Spain. There are others also.

Some ports now do have sales tax that affects cruise ship sales until the ships are out of state waters. This includes Port Everglades and any port in Spain. There are others also.

I haven't embarked in Spain so I cannot confirm this. This past March 2013, out of Port Everglades, I was charged only $56.35 for a week (according to the folio) for the Unlimited package (which means no tax). Was you Port Everglades trip more recent? Maybe something has changed since March.

By the way, out of Houston last month (where they are very strict regarding bar sales), again I was only charged $56.35 for the week.

I haven't embarked in Spain so I cannot confirm this. This past March 2013, out of Port Everglades, I was charged only $56.35 for a week (according to the folio) for the Unlimited package (which means no tax). Was you Port Everglades trip more recent? Maybe something has changed since March. The tax in Florida may not have started when you sailed. Or they cwaited to process the charge until out of Florida waters.

By the way, out of Houston last month (where they are very strict regarding bar sales), again I was only charged $56.35 for the week.

Strictness in bar sales in Texas Waters is due to Texas law that says any alcohol drinks can only be made from beverages purchased from a Texas distributer. Thus Princess only buys a minimum of (high priced) supplies to satisfy minimum needs while in Texas waters.