Century to CDF in 2015 ? (Threads Merged)

wildbill437

This article is dated today. In Europe, the month/day convention is reversed to day/month, so for a French web site posting 5/12, Americans would read as 12/5.

Dkjretired might have been referring to past articles from the same site. I actually posted one and then deleted it because the article was dated October 2012. The gist of it was pretty much the same but it was saying it would happen in June 2014. This newer article from the site is now saying 2015 so who knows?

http://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/le-century-rejoindra-bien-croisieres-de-france-en-2015

This article is dated today. In Europe, the month/day convention is reversed to day/month, so for a French web site posting 5/12, Americans would read as 12/5.

Anyway, bah! I love the Century!

I was pretty sure they would be selling the Century when they cancelled her extensive drydock. Glad I've got two bookings on her.

OMG!!!

This sentence: Le Century remplacera en fait le Zenith en 2015 means that CENTURY in fact replaces ZENITH!!! :eek:

The sentences sound, also the headlines that it is FACT! :o

But I think she cannot be transferred to Pullmantur before June 2015, because she is scheduled for Asia until April 2015.

Or they do it in the same way as they did it with MERCURY in 2011:

-cancelling all cruises after Feb 2011, so maybe an amount of cruises of CENTURY will be cancelled as well... :eek:

There are also more indicatations:

-CELEBRITY SILHOUETTE is likely to replace CONSTELLATION in 2015 on the Baltic itinerary from Amsterdam --> maybe CONSTELLATION replaces CENTURY on the Alaska cruises in 2015

-CELEBRITY INFINITY also disappeared from the cruise lists in Northern Europe in 2015 --> maybe also INFINITY could do the Alaska cruises of CENTURY...

Than, if CENTURY left Alaska, Celebrity would have 10 ships to cover Alaska, Asia, Australia/NZ, Bermuda, Canada/NE, Northern Europe, Mediterranean, South America, Panama Canal, Hawaii, Galapagos... we will see...

Connie and Infinity leaving the Baltic may be because of the size restriction to go into effect in Venice for 2015. M class could still transit the Giudecca and dock in Maritima, S class could not. So M class might be taking over the Adriatic/Eastern Med. routes. EM

Also my thoughts that one of the M class ships offers Med cruises including Venice in 2015.

They are able to transit the canal, yes.

One M class ship could go to Alaska, and one could do Med cruises...

I think although there are restrictions, Celebrity still wants to offer cruises or even shore excursions to Venice.

But I could inagine that CENTURY does not stay that long in the fleet...

Edited by celebrity_fan

I was pretty sure they would be selling the Century when they cancelled her extensive drydock. Glad I've got two bookings on her.

Same with us (and others on our February Roll-Calls), Linda. I think we all saw this day coming. :( Wonder how long it will take Celebrity to make a formal announcement on Century's future?

Same with us (and others on our February Roll-Calls), Linda. I think we all saw this day coming. :( Wonder how long it will take Celebrity to make a formal announcement on Century's future?

Yes, this is why I booked 3 Feb. cruises on her. Just knew the reduced dry dock time was very bad news for her. As for Celebrity making an announcement, just look at how long it took them to announce the Capt. Club changes. :eek: I am certain they do not want to lose bookings by announcing this too early.

Edited by cruiseacecat

Well I've just booked Century for a cruise ex Sydney over Xmas 2014 so she can't be going anywhere until at least mid 2015 when she finishes her Australian season.

Just as an FYI, they moved one of the ships a few years ago to another cruise line and cancelled at least a year's worth of cruises so with all due respect booking the cruise really doesn't mean much. I would definitely not make any air reservations right away.

Edited by dkjretired

Just as an FYI, they moved one of the ships a few years ago to another cruise line and cancelled at least a year's worth of cruises so with all due respect booking the cruise really doesn't mean much. I would definitely not make any air reservations right away.

The Century was my first Celebrity cruise during it's inaugural season. Seven night Eastern Caribbean.

Thanks Don, I've heard of cruises getting cancelled but never a years worth! What an admin nightmare that would have been. I would hope that if Celebrity sold Century that they'd bring a different ship in to replace her. Century has never been positioned here so to make a big thing of bringing a second ship to Australia and then not doing it would not be good PR for the line. Luckily I live in Sydney so no air is required.

My $0.02 ( in C$, no less ! ):eek:

The fact that century will leave the == X == fleet sometimes winter/spring 2015 , after the Aisan sailings , is not at all surprising; her current maintenance and deployment schedules over the next 15 +/- months made that a pretty fool proof speculation.

Her ultimate destination, based on what seems like a very good source, is however quite surprising. While it is not a stretch to transit from Asia thru to the Med and Marseilles-CDF , the question that begs for an answer is:where will her overall refurbishment into CDF's specs take place ? Palermo (where she was last massively overhauled ) ? One of the yards in Asia ? The latter is where I always suggested she'd be yarded for the big overhaul,inevitable before she goes to her new ''owner''...which I always suspected would be an RCCL Austral/Asia brand ,sooner or later to be created as part of their ongoing expansion in the area.

It is good that the large amount of speculations regarding CENTURY's ultimate destination can now be modified into what appears to be a credible fact.;)

How will ==X== handle that ''officially'' ...? Now, that's another entirely different story....:rolleyes:

At least, she'll stay '' in the family''.

Cheers

:cool:

http://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/le-century-rejoindra-bien-croisieres-de-france-en-2015

Anyway, bah! I love the Century!

VERY SAD:(

I was on the Century for 30 days in Oct/Nov 2013.

The BEST service in the fleet !!!

I have 8 cruises booked on her thru February 2015.

We will see if they all actually happen........

Century was based out of Sydney from November 2011 to March 2012 (as my profile pic shows!)

Sorry Timtam2 I thought it was Millenium that had been based here before.

I really hope someone starts building a few more ships in the 70-80,000 range. They all keep headinga away to be replaced by 100,000+ ships and I for one am very fond of the slightly smaller vessels.

I was wondering how long X would sail Century, with 5 new Solstice class ships. There's alot to be said for the smaller ships, my first X cruise was on Mercury and I fell in love with Celebrity because of the service, food and ambiance. We enjoy all classes of Celebrity, and I am glad I booked Century for her only roundtrip SF Alaska in Sept. 2014. I just hope that things on board aren't allowed to slide....knowing that the ship is leaving the fleet...

One intriguing facet to all this.....As it appears 95% certain that CENTURY will be transferred from Celebrity to CDF, I wonder who '' misread the cue cards''....CDF by issueing official press releases too soon or Celebrity for not issueing press releases early enough ? After all, this is ''all in the family''...and the higher ups at RCCL must be concerned about this and wondering if it would have been indeed better for THEM to issue the official press release advising one and all about the transfer of one of their assets from brand **A** to Brand ** B ** .....

Cheers