Infinity:A Ghost Ship

penfriend

Why is it that there are so few postings here about the Infinity. We are booked on Infinity for a March cruise. Have we made a mistake?

We have cruised on Infinity three times and love the ship. Also, we are booked on an Around the Horn Cruise next month.

Perhaps you need to check out the roll calls for the specific Infinity cruises. Also, there are member reviews of Infinity cruises here on cc.

We've cruised the Infinity in the past and loved Her. We are booked on Her for the Around the British Isles and Ireland this August. So I guess that shows you we liked the Infinity.

She is much like the other Millinium class ships.

You will notice that there are many Member Reviews on Infinity and maybe why there aren't a lot of threads in this forum is because we posters here seem to want to point out 'issues' and complain; so that should make you feel better!

Enjoy.

Den

Edited by Denny01

I think there aren't as many posts on her because she sails mainly in europe and south america now, and most posters on cruisecritic are from north america. Also, she's Millenium class, and most posts nowadays are on the solstice class ships. More people, and more questions on solstice.

We were on Infinity last summer and it was wonderful. Food was great. Shows were great. The cabin was beautiful.

Why is it that there are so few postings here about the Infinity. We are booked on Infinity for a March cruise. Have we made a mistake?

Which cruise? We are on the March 2 cruise around the horn, and our roll call is enormous. Many on our rollcall are booked on the March 16 Panama Canal cruise in addition.. Both cruises seem to be very popular with categories sold out.

Edited by Glendakayself

I think there aren't as many posts on her because she sails mainly in europe and south america now, and most posters on cruisecritic are from north america. Also, she's Millenium class, and most posts nowadays are on the solstice class ships. More people, and more questions on solstice.

We were on Infinity last summer and it was wonderful. Food was great. Shows were great. The cabin was beautiful.

I think its placement has more to do with it than the type of ship. I only say that because I see a lot of Summit posts.

Which cruise? We are on the March 2 cruise around the horn, and our roll call is enormous. Many on our rollcall are booked on the March 16 Panama Canal cruise in addition.. Both cruises seem to be very popular with categories sold out.

Hi

We have now posted on the roll call for the BA to Val cruise Mar 2 2014. Details to follow on that thread.

We have cruised twice with the Infinity. We love that ship. We remember very fond the bear standing at one of the pools. We have a miniature of that bear at our home:)

We cruised Infinity many times, and I always loved seeing that cute bear! I was sorry to see it had been removed after the Solsticization. May I ask where you got the miniature version? I would love to have one, too! Can you tell me who the sculptor was?

Edited by CruisinCindy

We sailed on the Infinity South American cruise in February 2012. It was shortly after the ship had been "Solsticized". I thought the ship, food, entertainment and service were all superb, as close to perfection as I've experienced on six cruises.

If, as others have mentioned, the ship doesn't get as much attention on this website, it could be that it usually sails outside the Caribbean. Also, the fact that most of its cruises are two weeks instead of 7-10 days means fewer passengers sail on it.

Because it sails in South American waters, many of its passengers are, go figure, from South America. However, its "around-the-Cape" route attracts many people from Europe and Asia too. Most announcements were in English, Spanish and German. Meeting so many people from so many places was one of the special aspects of this cruise.

We cruised Infinity many times, and I always loved seeing that cute bear! I was sorry to see it had been removed after the Solsticization. May I ask where you got the miniature version? I would love to have one, too! Can you tell me who the sculptor was?

What a pitty! Are you sure the bear has been removed after the solsticization? We were on the last cruise before the solsticization on the Infinity and we have tried to buy that bear, but we were told that it was not on sale because it was going to remain on the ship! Does anybody know what happened to it?

In relation to our own bear, a sculptor in Zimbabwe has made a small version of it for us. Have you seen the work that Zimbabwe sculptors do? They are absolute amazing and have very good materiales.

Edited by travelberlin

What a pitty! Are you sure the bear has been removed after the solsticization? We were on the last cruise before the solsticization on the Infinity and we have tried to buy that bear, but we were told that it was not on sale because it was going to remain on the ship! Does anybody know what happened to it?

In relation to our own bear, a sculptor in Zimbabwe has made a small version of it for us. Have you seen the work that Zimbabwe sculptors do? They are absolute amazing and have very good materiales.

Yup, we have been on Infinity before and after solsticizing, and the bear was definitely not there. We walk the track daily and I always used it to count our laps....

Good find on that sculptor to make you one! I had found the original sculpture a couple of years ago, but lost the info. I think it was a European or Scandinavian artist...but now there's nothing I can find on the web. Still trying...

Sent using Tapatalk