List of Princess' Maitre d'Hotels

DanaPointBob

LOVE Jean-Paul !!!

When you have eating restrictions you get to know either the Maitre D' or Headwaiter for your dining room VERY well and they can make a big difference in your cruise experience.

Does anyone know if Rui is on the Royal? Also Roberto Zoboli ?

LOVE Jean-Paul !!!

When you have eating restrictions you get to know either the Maitre D' or Headwaiter for your dining room VERY well and they can make a big difference in your cruise experience.

Does anyone know if Rui is on the Royal? Also Roberto Zoboli ?

Found Rui on the Royal.

Anything on Roberto or Jean-Paul?

Yes, it's subjective, but can make a real difference not only dietary requirements, but Culinary demo, Wine tasting, Chef's table, M&G. Personality counts here for us, & one man's meat can be another's poison!!! We use TD so perhaps notice their presence or absence more!

Wondering where Jose Florencio & Generoso Mazzone are sailing.

Thanks in advance for info.

Mr & Mrs Neptune Seas wish you all smooth sailing & your favourite Maitre D' ! :cool:

We'll be on the Ruby on Jan. 18th, and our pre-cruise email shows Nicola Furlan

as the Maitre d'.

We're thrilled that Generoso will be our maitre d' on our Emerald cruise on Jan. 8th. We've sailed with him several times, and he's great.

Yes, it's subjective, but can make a real difference not only dietary requirements, but Culinary demo, Wine tasting, Chef's table, M&G. Personality counts here for us, & one man's meat can be another's poison!!! We use TD so perhaps notice their presence or absence more!

Wondering where Jose Florencio & Generoso Mazzone are sailing.

Thanks in advance for info.

Mr & Mrs Neptune Seas wish you all smooth sailing & your favourite Maitre D' ! :cool:

Jose and Generoso are my two favorites.

Please tell me what the matre'd actually does. He doesn't even seat you at the beginning of the cruise. He then disappears completely. He may be responsible for managing the servers but unless he totally messes up his job task, I do not see what he adds to my cruise experience.

DON

Please tell me what the matre'd actually does. He doesn't even seat you at the beginning of the cruise. He then disappears completely. He may be responsible for managing the servers but unless he totally messes up his job task, I do not see what he adds to my cruise experience.

DON

I agree! It always irks me to see them come around with their hand out on the final night.

Edited by tip

We had Rui on the Island Princess for our Oct. 30 - Nov. 14, 2013 Panama Canal Cruise.

He was excellent! We saw him several times a day as he was "out on the floor working in the trenches with his troops!" He was visible, friendly and cordial walking around working and interacting with the guests at most meals. We usually do the buffet most of the time and we saw him there, walking around the ship, and in the dining rooms. I cannot remember a day that we did not see him at least once.

He has been with Princess for something like 37 years from what I hear. He is a great host, and an asset to Princess. He made our cruise that much better. His staff was well trained and supervised. You saw that the leadership flowed from the top down and you saw his Assistant, managers and supervisors all of the time.

I could not tell you anything about the MD on any of our other cruises as I never saw them as much as Rui.

Regards,

Mark

DON

One of the reasons we, and I am sure many others wonder who the Maitre'd is on a ship - is that some of them do a lot, while others do little above their duties behind the scenes. The following explanation may not be the same for everyone, but it is our rationale for knowing.

Our favorites have provided tables for special occasions, provided excellent and friendly wait staff that serve at a slower pace (when we have requested this - almost always), spent time with us suggesting wine stores at different ports, given us unique suggestions of what to do in ports we have been to before and directions on how to get there. Of course that is because we have taken the time to get to know some of them. On the other hand we have met a few that cannot be bothered to do the simplest of things for passengers and those ones we avoid if at all possible.

Princess always sends out a message to you after you have booked and the cruise is getting closer, where they tell you who the Maitre'd is. We like to know before we book if at all possible since there is one that we simply find rude. In several cases we have chosen one ship over another due to some of the staff - although if we know certain Head Waiters are on board - that trumps who the Maitre'd is as they provide the daily service.

As for their hand out - several of them have simply refused to take any tip - before, during or after our cruise. One in particular told us that he is well paid and that if we wanted to give something to the wait staff or Head Waiter - that is where we should show our gratitude.

If you read through these posts, several names continually are mentioned. These ones truly love their jobs and try to ensure that your cruise experience surpasses your expectations.

One of the reasons we, and I am sure many others wonder who the Maitre'd is on a ship - is that some of them do a lot, while others do little above their duties behind the scenes. The following explanation may not be the same for everyone, but it is our rationale for knowing.

Our favorites have provided tables for special occasions, provided excellent and friendly wait staff that serve at a slower pace (when we have requested this - almost always), spent time with us suggesting wine stores at different ports, given us unique suggestions of what to do in ports we have been to before and directions on how to get there. Of course that is because we have taken the time to get to know some of them. On the other hand we have met a few that cannot be bothered to do the simplest of things for passengers and those ones we avoid if at all possible.

Princess always sends out a message to you after you have booked and the cruise is getting closer, where they tell you who the Maitre'd is. We like to know before we book if at all possible since there is one that we simply find rude. In several cases we have chosen one ship over another due to some of the staff - although if we know certain Head Waiters are on board - that trumps who the Maitre'd is as they provide the daily service.

As for their hand out - several of them have simply refused to take any tip - before, during or after our cruise. One in particular told us that he is well paid and that if we wanted to give something to the wait staff or Head Waiter - that is where we should show our gratitude.

If you read through these posts, several names continually are mentioned. These ones truly love their jobs and try to ensure that your cruise experience surpasses your expectations.

You have given a great description! We've only met one who couldn't be bothered and only had excuses why he couldn't do anything we requested, but overall we've met wonderful, friendly maitre d's who we look forward to seeing each time we cruise with them. Generoso is high on that list.