Are there cabins with no balcony and a bathtub?

Hawaii_Flyer

Hi All,

We have talked our friends into taking a cruise with us! :)

They have twin 5-year old girls and they do not feel comfortable with having a balcony for safety reasons. But they also need more than a 1 person shower to get the girls ready. I believe only suites have a bath tub or large shower but, all of the suites I know of have balconies.

Any suggestions? We really haven't settled on a line, probably going to the Caribbean.

Thanks!!

On many ships with balconies they can actually lock them so they cannot be open. I am not talking about the handle that we close but many actually have a lock that would work with a key.

I believe on some of the Celebrity ships they have some suites that are a window only but I am not sure if they have a shower and a tub. Someone else might know or you could ask on the Celebrity board or just contact Celebrity.

Keith

On some Carnival ships, they have Deluxe Oceanview rooms. No balcony but big picture window. They have a bathroom and a half. One regular bathroom with shower, sink, toilet. Second half bath with sink and small tub/shower combo.

Very nice. They are on the newer, larger ships. Dream, Magic.

Have been on two cruises and both times, different lines, there was a "slide bolt" at top and bottom of the balcony door. The five yr olds could not reach the top.

Edited by UPGrandma
Spelling

On many ships with balconies they can actually lock them so they cannot be open. I am not talking about the handle that we close but many actually have a lock that would work with a key.

I believe on some of the Celebrity ships they have some suites that are a window only but I am not sure if they have a shower and a tub. Someone else might know or you could ask on the Celebrity board or just contact Celebrity.

Keith

I've found information about "shower" or "tub" by tapping a specific room on the specific ship and deck I'm looking at.

Disney staterooms have bathtubs in all rooms except a few in category 11 (the lowest category) on the older ships, so they can get an inside or ocean view with a bathtub. Holland America oceanview staterooms have bathtubs.

Edited by boulders

Disney staterooms have bathtubs in all rooms except a few in category 11 (the lowest category) on the older ships, so they can get an inside or ocean view with a bathtub. Holland America oceanview staterooms have bathtubs.

Disney would be a great choice for the twins. Holland America tends to cater to an older group, but there is a childrens program and some families will be onboard.

Edited by kcwingwalker

Princess has window suite cabins on Fiesta deck that do not have a balcony, but do have a tub. Holland America Vista and Signature class ships have tubs in most OV cabins. Those that have a shower only will have a symbol designating that. EM

Virtually all HAL ships have bath tubs in regular cabins.

Most balcony doors can be secured -- but I can't help asking: are they likely to leave two five year olds alone in a cabin anyway?

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I will look at those ships.

And no they would never leave them alone, but they will try to hire someone to do some in-room sitting at night. They don't want to worry about someone forgetting to lock the door, we all know how sneaky those kids can be when they want to. They aren't cruisers so I don't think they realize how small the rooms are, and I don't think the kids could open the door by themselves, but it's their first cruise if they feel more secure without the balcony, I don't want them to have to stress about it.. :)

And no they would never leave them alone, but they will try to hire someone to do some in-room sitting at night. They don't want to worry about someone forgetting to lock the door, we all know how sneaky those kids can be when they want to. They aren't cruisers so I don't think they realize how small the rooms are, and I don't think the kids could open the door by themselves, but it's their first cruise if they feel more secure without the balcony, I don't want them to have to stress about it.. :)

The "window suites" on the Coral and Island are larger than the average mini-suite because the size of the balcony of most minis is incorporated into the cabin itself. They are forward and on Baja and Caribe, four cabins per floor. They have a bathtub. You would have to be content to do a 10 or 14 day cruise in the winter however, because those ships do the Panama Canal. They are ideal for doing Alaska in the summer!

PS Maybe the kids could stay at Grandma's house and your friends could enjoy a week away! ;)

Edited by 5326jan

Not all cruise lines have in room babysitting. Royal Caribbean and Celebrity are the only ones I'm aware of that do. They charge $19/hour. I know that Disney does not have in room babysitting. At age 5, the kids would enjoy the kids club more anyway.