Ellen Bettridge leaving Silversea

ededmd

Insiders tell me that Silversea was not the right fit for Ellen.

Left it a touch too long didn't they!

After her nimble trashing of SS further downmarket and her highly professional handling of hygiene--inspection-gate she will move seamlessly to her next disaster -- the main Sandals booking agency - to undoubtedly move them upmarket to Club 18-30.

:D

Left it a touch too long didn't they!

After her nimble trashing of SS further downmarket and her highly professional handling of hygiene--inspection-gate she will move seamlessly to her next disaster -- the main Sandals booking agency - to undoubtedly move them upmarket to Club 18-30.

:D

Yes Jeff

Not a great career move going to Sandals but a lucky find for Ellen.

Now let's see who takes her place. Hope its someone with good PR advisors

Back to the thread!

Interesting how few regrets at the loss of Ms. Bettridge.

Perhaps this is the time to mount a campaign to bring back the passenger list. Each time I've cruised since its elimination everyone - everyone - wants to see it returned.

And there are a few other things I would like too.

Mr. Anderson -- are you listening?

Back to the thread!

Perhaps this is the time to mount a campaign to bring back the passenger list. Each time I've cruised since its elimination everyone - everyone - wants to see it returned.

Well said!

The woman had nothing to do with the missing passenger list. The job had/has nothing to do with shipboard operations. Simply repeating what I had written shortly after she was hired. She did leave her mark on the USA sales force. If you could see a current passenger list, it would prove that percentage of passengers from USA is at all time low.

The woman had nothing to do with the missing passenger list. The job had/has nothing to do with shipboard operations. Simply repeating what I had written shortly after she was hired. She did leave her mark on the USA sales force. If you could see a current passenger list, it would prove that percentage of passengers from USA is at all time low.

Excuse me for assuming she had a hand in that - I liked to think she could have changed it.

As far as leaving a mark -- I know she never once bothered to call her #1 travel agent producer -- obviously too busy making her mark.

However - number of US passengers has nothing to do with desire to reinstate the list -- I meet and want to remember fellow cruisers from all over the world.

And I do believe I'm not alone!

Excuse me for assuming she had a hand in that - I liked to think she could have changed it.

As far as leaving a mark -- I know she never once bothered to call her #1 travel agent producer -- obviously too busy making her mark.

However - number of US passengers has nothing to do with desire to reinstate the list -- I meet and want to remember fellow cruisers from all over the world.

The number of cruise guests from the USA is down generally on all lines.

South American and European guests are on the increase

Of course Ms Betteridge could have responded to the many requests to bring back the much appreciated passenger list..that along with protecting many other small, but important perks. I think she was overwhelmed, over mounted. From the minute the announcement was made of her appointment I was concerned that her qualifications were mismatched with SS' needs. I was, sadly, right. I wish her well, but am not unhappy that she is gone. I hope Sandals will be a better fit!

Dusa, keep pushing for the list! I'm with you.

oregon50 and Mr. Luxury posted fewer passengers from the U.S. are sailing on Silversea -- Mr. Luxury indicated that it generally down on all lines.

We sail on Regent, Oceania and Silversea and do notice a lower percentage of passengers from the U.S. on Silversea. However, IMO, Silversea has always been more international than other luxury cruise lines. We have not noticed any decrease on Regent and saw a high percentage of U.S. passengers on Oceania. We have also not seen an increase in passengers from South America.

The exception to our observations is when Regent runs a sale specifically for their U.K. office. I understand that up to 50% of passengers are from the U.K. on these select sailings. On our last three cruises (in 2013) the majority of passengers were from the U.S. (on Regent and Oceania) followed by Australia and the U.K. Australia and the U.K. were the majority on Silversea.

I find it interesting that U.S. companies are marketing to Europe (the U.K. specifically) and European (specifically a French and German cruise line) are marketing heavily in the U.S.

I personally hope that the person who replaces Ms. Bettridge does a better job of marketing to the U.S. There is no reason that I can see why Silversea ships are not all running full (at least most of the time). When I tell fellow passengers how great Silversea is, most have no interest whatsoever in trying it.

Edited by Travelcat2

My agent claims to be their number one agent and says he never spoke to her in all her time. Pretty dumb of her...

Back to the thread!

Merry Christmas Mariann,I am sending you this from Whole Foods as My email,TV,and phone won't be on till Friday,and more snow tomorrow .Ho,Ho,Ho!

Merry Christmas Mariann,I am sending you this from Whole Foods as My email,TV,and phone won't be on till Friday,and more snow tomorrow .Ho,Ho,Ho!

And Merry Christmas to you and Fran too! Today it was 88 in Pasadena -- had to put on some sunscreen. Life is tough - sorry, I just couldn't help it.

Seriously, I'm so glad to be home and not traveling and feel sorry for those folks who are.

Stay warm and safe -- and have a hot toddy for me.

Mary Ann

Ellen seemed like quite the go getter, out to make changes in Silversea for the betterment of the line. There is a story here....one we won't hear....I wish her well in her future endeavours.

Cheers!

Interesting point of view. What do you believe Ellen did that improved Silversea during her tenure?