Looks like RCI is going to change their Crown and Anchor program.

ALSEAU

Who else has filled out a detailed survey concerning all the current offerings of the Crown and Anchor program?

Took about 20 minutes to fill out the survey. They listed multiple lists of 5 items currently in the book. Asking me to identify the most important and the least important items to me in that group. They covered every item in the booklet. I got the sense that they used some of my answered to create additional list to make me chose from items that I had preciously answered as important to me.

Received and completed mine last week. As you say, it was interesting to see the grouping of items you considered most and least important out of a list of 'benefits', especially the numerous references to use of the Diamond Lounge by a Diamond member. ie me.

This has been discussed extensively in a really long thread...that fortunately died off.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I believe that was speculation on what changes were going to take place with who maybe allowed access to the DL not the survey we received which is the topic started by the OP here.

Hmmm, I just recently became diamond. I haven't received any kind of survey though. I guess it's random? Did you guys get it by email?

We took a TA that got back in Nov [we made diamond with that cruise]. We got the survey that is mentioned by the OP. There were multiple sets of perks listed and you have to tell which you like the most and least.

As the OP said some of the combination were interesting. [ i.e. who would pick a 10% discount on logo RCL items over the balcony discount? :eek: ]

No survey sent to us!!

Give it time. I originally got an email asking about our recent Independence cruise. We haven't been on Indy for a year. Then they send an email saying the Indy email was an error, and we should have received the C&A survey. They have got some IT issues.

I received the first one, labeled my current Indy sailing and then the second one, the oooops one, not a survey reflecting my recent Indy sailing but just a survey.

I'm pretty sure the program will change as to the changes made to Celebrity where Royal may also do a re-tweak. The original locked thread was labeled changes to come in January so that's what sparked a small panic and the 'what if possibilities' that got some worked up a bit. We are fairly close to January and no real inside information has surfaced as to changes coming real soon so one would think January may not be the dreaded change. Royal would have to prepare for the massive cancellations and people leaving the line because they have been wronged!!!:p [please note you need to insert sense of humor there:D]

We haven't received a thing. Of course, we are part of the lowly gold crowd...we matter little to RCI and probably will matter less in the not so distant future.

I can honestly say, if the make changes that adversly impact the lowest two levels we will probably change to a different line and save money. We can't take more than one cruise a year and more than a week is really difficult. I don't mind taking the same cruise more than once if it means we have a realistic chance of getting far enough into the program to have "perks" that are meaningful to us when we get to the point we can take the longer trips. If that is not possible, screw RCI...I'll save money.

We haven't received a thing. Of course, we are part of the lowly gold crowd...we matter little to RCI and probably will matter less in the not so distant future.

I can honestly say, if the make changes that adversly impact the lowest two levels we will probably change to a different line and save money. We can't take more than one cruise a year and more than a week is really difficult. I don't mind taking the same cruise more than once if it means we have a realistic chance of getting far enough into the program to have "perks" that are meaningful to us when we get to the point we can take the longer trips. If that is not possible, screw RCI...I'll save money.

I would have to agree, as a lowly gold member. If the supposed changes to Crown & Anchor up the ante to get to say, Diamond, might be tempted to try another line. I mean Perks don't make the vacation obviously, but they would be nice, and being a young person I've got a lot of cruising ahead of me so we'll see where Royal takes Crown & Anchor. We live in interesting times

We just made Diamond this year after our May cruise. We haven't received a thing at all! But at least when I sign on at C&A they do recognize us as being Diamond AND we were able to use our all-important balcony discount when booking our next cruise.

Since I really don't have any experience as a D member, they probably figure I have nothing to share on a survey - LOL!

Ann