Need Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

cruisinmom1

We booked our hotel on Expedia and stayed at the Hyatt Place 17th street convention center. Was close to restaurants and shopping for anything you may need including alcohol. Paid just over 120 for the night. Free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and seven dollars per person to the port.

Comfy and spacious rooms that were clean. Free breakfast is also included.

Not sure if you will have transportation. If you stay outside of closer areas to the port, remember that can also contribute to the cost. We've stayed several times at the Hampton Inn Airport / Cruiseport. Even though the price may be a bit more, they offer complimentary airport and cruiseport transportation. Also there are stores within walking distance to pick up any items we may need, as well as, restaurants. Also offer a complimentary breakfast.

We are staying at the Courtyard Cruiseport in Dania Beach. They have a free airport shuttle as well as a free shuttle that will take you to the port. I utilized Marriott points but the rates when I booked back in September for late December were around 150 a nite. Rates are now 299 a nite a weekend and 249 a nite during the week for all dates in February. When you look at dates in late April and May the rates are less than 150 a nite. They discount their rates a lot when you book well in advance. I'm sorry this doesn't help you for your February cruise, but try and book something soon. Most places you can always cancel with no penalty up until a day or 2 before.

We are cruising in February and find the hotels near the port carry a big price tag. Any ideas out there for something close and reasonable to book prior to the cruise?

Thanks in advance!

What is the specific date you'll be staying overnight and do you need parking for the week or are you flying in?

We booked our hotel on Expedia and stayed at the Hyatt Place 17th street convention center. Was close to restaurants and shopping for anything you may need including alcohol. Paid just over 120 for the night. Free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and seven dollars per person to the port.

Comfy and spacious rooms that were clean. Free breakfast is also included.

That's where we stayed on our last visit as well.

We are cruising in February and find the hotels near the port carry a big price tag. Any ideas out there for something close and reasonable to book prior to the cruise?

Thanks in advance!

We are staying here: http://www.bridgeatcordova.com/

I know only what on the website, but it seems fine for us, and maybe you.

We are having the same problem. We will arriving 2/15 for one night prior to our cruise. Any suggestions for hotels within walking distance of the water taxi and that are relatively close to the airport/cruise port? Pier 66 is not available for the 15th.

Edited by bhami

Hi flying from uk next sat ,we are staying at Rennaissance hotel

For one night .whats it like ?

We have several hours to kill

Best place to eat pizza or burger place?

Where to go to do a bit is sightseeing

Any info would be good

Thanks in advance

Oh yes what's the weather forcast for next weekend

We are having the same problem. We will arriving 2/15 for one night prior to our cruise. Any suggestions for hotels within walking distance of the water taxi and that are relatively close to the airport/cruise port? Pier 66 is not available for the 15th.

For $162 you can get the Doubletree on LMT. It is the first hotel listed with 3.5*. The water taxi stops right there at the hotel.

We've stayed at LaQuinta in Hollywood twice. They have a airport shuttle and a shuttle to the port. Short walk to many restaurants and shopping strip.They also have free continental breakfast.

Edited by Lorey2007

I can tell you one NOT to stay at.... Holiday Inn Express on 84.

We stayed there last weekend, the night before our cruise wedding. Every room was hot and the air wouldn't work properly. I moved rooms 3 times, one of those, they put me into an already occupied room! Imagine my surprise, opening the door to find someone elses things inside! Then they moved me again but couldn't honor the same room that I purchased (for the express intent of the wedding hair/makeup being done in the AM there I wanted the space). I had to move all my luggage and my wedding gown myself as they offered 0 assistance even after moving me 3 times and causing such a hassle. All said and done, they offered a whopping 20 bucks off the room rate for my trouble.

Needless to say I won't be back there.

Hi flying from uk next sat ,we are staying at Rennaissance hotel

For one night .whats it like ?

We have several hours to kill

Best place to eat pizza or burger place?

Where to go to do a bit is sightseeing

Any info would be good

Thanks in advance

Oh yes what's the weather forcast for next weekend

We stayed at the Rennaissance Hotel for the second time two weeks ago for one night. The hotel has a Bistro (cafe type restaurant) on the premise and a lounge (bar) ate there last year. This year we ate at Bravo's (http://www.bravoitaliano.com) it's across the parking lot. There is also a Walgreen's across the street from the hotel - it's great for picking up toiletries and snacks.

Never did any sightseeing in FLL since we always arrive late afternoon.

I do have a suggestion if you don't mind a little bit of walking(5-10 minutes)…..once you are on 17th Street if you look to your left you will see the road goes uphill. This is actually a bridge that goes over the causeway, it had a pedestrian walkway on the right side. If you walk to the middle of the bridge you will be able to see all the cruise ships that are in port. It even has a bench there to sit. DH and I did this the morning of our cruise after breakfast since we are early risers and were done with breakfast by 8 AM.

Here is a link to a couple of Ft Lauderdale web cams, it shows the ships in port, when they leave they zoom in. It's fun to watch and gets me excited weeks before our trip. Most ships leave between 4 PM and 5PM EST. Make sure to click on the different camera numbers at the top (the numbers are in yellow), they all have different views.

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com

http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com

Here is the link for the weather in Ft.Lauderdale

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Fort+Lauderdale-Hollywood+Int'l+Airport+FL+FLL:9:US

Since you will be there on Saturday, ask the front desk how to get to the beach to see the cruise ships leave, you will need to take a taxi. Usually about 5 ships leave port on Saturday and you will be able to be real close to them as the pass through the narrow inlet. I DO NOT recommend being in the water as the ships pass. But looks like fun to be on the beach and watch the ships pass.

Enjoy your cruise.

we stayed at Riverside and Best Western Oceanside. both needed shuttle, but used FLL south shuttle. Both great and CLEAN!

I have used priceline before but i'm not any longer. I chose the highest "grade" and it chose a hotel that was suppose to have the best, but in reality had the worse reviews ever! I hate to dis companies, but i will chose my own hotel in the future. Thanks!

we stayed at Riverside and Best Western Oceanside. both needed shuttle, but used FLL south shuttle. Both great and CLEAN!

I have used priceline before but i'm not any longer. I chose the highest "grade" and it chose a hotel that was suppose to have the best, but in reality had the worse reviews ever! I hate to dis companies, but i will chose my own hotel in the future. Thanks!

We have had excellent luck with Priceline so I am sorry your experience was not good However, I find that the validity of reviews is questionable at best and generally disregard all but those which make specific mention of problems that might affect my enjoyment of my stay. As long as our experiences continue to be positive, I'll take the savings that Priceline provides. At worst it is usually only for one night anyway but if the experience were terrible I would certainly advise Priceline of that fact so that they might adjust their star rating for the property to more accurately reflect the quality of the property in question.

The last two years we stayed at the Rennasaince on 17th Street. Very clean and friendly. Close to airport and pier. There is a Walgreens across the street which is great for picking up last minute things.

They provide shuttles to the port at $6 per person.

we stayed there as well and had great service.