What would you pay more for if....?

SoCalKJ

I don't understand the idea of paying more?

Can't they just have a cruise out of those ports for the same price as all their other cruises?

I would cruise from those ports, but would hesitate to "pay more".

The nature of the question was really referring to anything you'd love Carnival to add and/or to do (cruise port additions was just an example)...love it so much that you'd be willing to pay more.

I don't understand the idea of paying more?

Can't they just have a cruise out of those ports for the same price as all their other cruises?

I would cruise from those ports, but would hesitate to "pay more".

Cruise prices are set my many factors. Ports are a big part of that. If a port isn't anywhere near where the ship would be going (such as San Francisco) then there will be more fuel costs to be passed on to those that sail from that port.

Plank night.

Round up anyone that disrupted the cruise experience. At the stroke of midnight, they lower the plank and proceed to have these people "walk the plank".

Obnoxious drunks.

Anyone who is caught vandalizing the ship.

Anyone who was fighting.

Door slammers.

People who leave their light on the balcony, Carnival is not a motel six.

Dress code violators.

Tip pullers.

Loud talkers.

People who knowingly cruise with stomach issues.

Brats

Complainers

The table mate that spends the entire evening talking about "their cruise line".

Anyone who spills their drink on the non table clothed table.

I will allow Carnival to have a boat in the ocean to pickup the plankers.

I guess that will leave me sailing on a tender and the plankers sailing on a something the size of a regular ship.

Edited by Tutankhamen

My two main reasons for cruising Carnival are low prices and convenience (ports of embarkation close to home, not requiring flying).

Paying more for a Carnival cruise would defeat one of those two reasons, so no, I wouldn't pay extra to sail Carnival out of any other port.

Plank night.

Round up anyone that disrupted the cruise experience. At the stroke of midnight, they lower the plank and proceed to have these people "walk the plank".

Obnoxious drunks.

Anyone who is caught vandalizing the ship.

Anyone who was fighting.

Door slammers.

People who leave their light on the balcony, Carnival is not a motel six.

Dress code violators.

Tip pullers.

Loud talkers.

People who knowingly cruise with stomach issues.

Brats

Complainers

The table mate that spends the entire evening talking about "their cruise line".

Anyone who spills their drink on the non table clothed table.

I will allow Carnival to have a boat in the ocean to pickup the plankers.

I guess that will leave me sailing on a tender and the plankers sailing on a something the size of a regular ship.

LOL

Like I've always said; Cruising would be the perfect vacation if it weren't for the other 3598 people on the boat.:D

How about a Bud Bar?

The cruise line could have a boat/barge stationed in international waters. We will call this SS Bud. When your cruise makes it into international waters, the SS Bud pulls along side and transfers over some kind bud. In the Bud bar the bud is controlled, burned in the back room and the smoke is delivered through Huka pipes and mouthpieces in the bar. No passenger will have access to the actual bud. When the ship is about to port, the excess bud is transferred back to the SS Bud.

For the record, its been many many many years since I partaken in smoking the magic weed. All though, I have zero issues with those who do.

Imagine the revenue from the bud, and they could charge for Doritos.

Edited by Tutankhamen

How about a Bud Bar?

Governments are having a big problem imagining all the tax revenues from this :confused:

-obviously preferring all that lovely (potential) tax revenue to go to Organised Crime,Inc. instead. :confused:

When you figure out that logic, let me know.

Governments are having a big problem imagining all the tax revenues from this :confused:

-obviously preferring all that lovely (potential) tax revenue to go to Organised Crime,Inc. instead. :confused:

When you figure out that logic, let me know.

actually most states its a non issue. Just call it medicinal.....

If Carnival offered sailings out of San Diego (again) or San Francisco...I'd totally pay more.

You?

They tried it, nobody came. That's why they moved the Splendor back to the east coast. I have often wondered why they did no cruise north to Vancouver or farther. The problem with California home ports is not enough places to go since them stopped going to Mazatlan.

How about a Bud Bar?

The cruise line could have a boat/barge stationed in international waters. We will call this SS Bud. When your cruise makes it into international waters, the SS Bud pulls along side and transfers over some kind bud. In the Bud bar the bud is controlled, burned in the back room and the smoke is delivered through Huka pipes and mouthpieces in the bar. No passenger will have access to the actual bud. When the ship is about to port, the excess bud is transferred back to the SS Bud.

For the record, its been many many many years since I partaken in smoking the magic weed. All though, I have zero issues with those who do.

I love the idea although the "munchies" may eat into some of the revenue generated.

Richard Nixon when potus declared the war on drugs!

What doesn't CCL? Oh I'm sure it's a money thing. There could be some amazing pre- and post-cruise excursions around the area. If marketed properly CCL could rake in tons of money from people that aren't from the area.

They tried it, nobody came. That's why they moved the Splendor back to the east coast. I have often wondered why they did no cruise north to Vancouver or farther. The problem with California home ports is not enough places to go since them stopped going to Mazatlan.

What he said. They tried to home port a ship in SD but revenues just weren't there, same with Mobile, AL.

To answer the OP's question, with all the changes (for the worse) with Carnival of late, I would not pay extra for anything. They've decreased services (bands, shows, etc) and kept prices the same. Sounds like a solid business plan but no way I'm paying more unless they bring back everything that has been taken away AND add extra services (think, hot food from room service, etc).