Connie in Key West overnight (2 Threads Merged)

djh

We're onboard and want no sympathy. Other than the engine issue Connie is in great shape and we are enjoying her. Key West is a fun place and I'm sitting on my aft balcony enjoying the sights of the harbor looking towards downtown as I type this. No complaints here and have only heard one onboard.

see 2 aft cabin lights on..one must yours :)

I was wondering the same thing. They can be flown back to FTL too. Buses would be a lot cheaper for Celebrity I guess. It is a long bus trip from KW to FTL.

And again good grief.

And just how long is that bus trip from KW TO FL?

01;10hr 17th December; she's still moored...and all seems eeriely quiet dockside...a truck slowly ''made the rounds''~~ 20 minutes ago...and that was it ! However, off deck #1 , there is one gangway door open ...but no trace of anything or anybody...

This is getting stranger by the minute....The bridge crew's most recent sail away announcement evaporated into a ''wishful thinking '' exercise...

I suggest we've gone past the '' malfunctionning turbine engine will be changed out'' with the new one now on board for more than 20 hours...

Thank God everybody on board seems to be taking this in good stride...

We're onboard and want no sympathy. Other than the engine issue Connie is in great shape and we are enjoying her. Key West is a fun place and I'm sitting on my aft balcony enjoying the sights of the harbor looking towards downtown as I type this. No complaints here and have only heard one onboard.

It's good to know that morale is high and that there is not a lot of whining going on. Hope things go well for the remainder of your cruise.

Hi Oville,

Thanks for your update, and (as always) positive attitude. Joining our other members, we truly hope the situation resolves itself in the coming hours. Wishing you continued enjoyment onboard Connie !

And again good grief.

It's approximately 180 miles so it would probably be just over a three hour bus ride.

It would be a much better trip if done onboard Connie.:D

Edited by robtulipe

It is 6:54 and the Connie isn't going anywhere fast. She appears to be nearly stationary about a mile offshore. The Imagination just past her on her way into Key West. I wonder if this is Celebrity's idea of a "sea day"?

I just woke up and checked the webcam and saw her position but didn't realize she had been there a while. Even if they left right now, when would they make it to Nassau?

And I wish the weather looked better for them.

Just checked her on marinetraffic.com and she is travelling at 3.5 knots after slowing to 1.7 to perform a complete circle according to the Marine Traffic plotter. ETA for Nassau is 12 noon.

Cheers, h.

Sent from my little machine that knows way too much about me.

I also noticed that and wondered about the slow speed. However I also saw the pilot vessel on the tracker - so I assume she turned into the wind to offload the pilot !?

Anyway, she is on her way with more than 10 Knots. She will not need to go any faster for the distance to Nassau.

4 hours.

I also noticed that and wondered about the slow speed. However I also saw the pilot vessel on the tracker - so I assume she turned into the wind to offload the pilot !?

Anyway, she is on her way with more than 10 Knots. She will not need to go any faster for the distance to Nassau.

I didn't keep up with this last nght and was a little surprised to look out and see the shape of a Millennium Class ship offshore at first light this morning.