On Board Silhouette

dkjretired

Have a wonderful cruise! We watched ya'll sail away yesterday and were very jealous!! We sail on the Silhouette in April:) Two quick questions; was champagne served upon boarding? Always thought this was a special touch! Also, what type of music was playing in and around the boarding area? Atrium area?

Thanks and have a fun vacation!!

Laura

Champagne was served on boarding, didn't notice any music while boarding. They have cut back on entertainment in lounges, Acapella group is gone, they appear to be going more to DJs, I think there are three aboard.

What is the best route into the port arriving by car from I-95 southbound. Will be arriving on Sunday Jan 5th and there are seven ships in port that day. I read that there was construction on the interstate leading in ,I-595, I believe, and someone suggested State Road 84. We're thinking about arriving around 11:00 AM . Thanks!

As someone else suggested we had no problem coming in on 595, we came around 11 and just went right to the pier.

Couple of notes, ship is beautiful, everyone is nice, Patti the cruise director is very accessible just to talk to anywhere you see her.

Last night was first formal, here's what I did, asked the wife and son to tell me percentages of dress. Neither go on Cruise Critic or have any idea of any controversy. Here's their results, 10% TUX, 50% SUITS, rest smart casual or shorts, etc. My own observation is that I did not see but a few in sports jackets.

Food has been good, enjoyed Grand Marnier crepe in Bistro yesterday. Off to catamaran, try to get on later, Cozumel today, parking at International Pier.

What is the best route into the port arriving by car from I-95 southbound. Will be arriving on Sunday Jan 5th and there are seven ships in port that day. I read that there was construction on the interstate leading in ,I-595, I believe, and someone suggested State Road 84. We're thinking about arriving around 11:00 AM . Thanks!

The construction delays on I-595 won't affect you on Sunday. It gets backed up during rush hour traffic during the week only. If you decide to take I-95 instead, get off at the FLL airport exit and follow the signs directly to Port Everglades.

I'll be disembarking on January 5th from the Silhouette New Year's cruise.

Cannot wait! See you on board!

Looking forward to seeing both of you on board - I head out to Florida tomorrow with the 3 boys to my moms house - the significant other and his daughter head out on Thursday. I so need a vacation and relaxation

Sharon

The construction delays on I-595 won't affect you on Sunday. It gets backed up during rush hour traffic during the week only. If you decide to take I-95 instead, get off at the FLL airport exit and follow the signs directly to Port Everglades.

I'll be disembarking on January 5th from the Silhouette New Year's cruise.

Thanks "cmagar", "SAMMYR", and "dkjretired" for the driving information !!

On board Silhouette yesterday for first cruise this season from Florida. As expected we had a bit of a delay due to inspections but it was only a half hour or so and did not effect check in, just waited after we were checked in. For those driving, we left from pier 25, park at mid port parking area, very well marked. I have sailed out of FLL a number of times but first time I drove in, it really was fairly easy. Drop off passengers and luggage first.

Cruise Critic party was this morning, first sea day at 10:30. I have had more active roll calls and have avoided them in the past occasionally due to a probem one time but this group was quiet but very nice. It was a little odd but the ship printed out name tags with our names on it, should have done it with screen names, nobody knew who to talk to, it was weird, every party I've every been to the name tags had CC screen names.

Any other questions ask, I'll try and answer and get back. One of the cuts which wife and I noticed is no more half and half at coffee stations, not a deal breaker but we do enjoy our coffee with half and half.

Can you tell us where the Cruise Critic Party was held? Thanks!

Hope you have a fabulous cruise, Don! Just a few more weeks for me until a B2B on Silhouette.

I was just wondering, are you experiencing the issues mentioned on Reflection with bar staff being shorthanded?

Oh, and is Michaels still being used as a craft beer bar? I'm confused since it seems to be reserved for VIP guests. My husband loves the craft beers and will be disappointed if they are not carried any longer.

Edited by SusieV

Hope you have a fabulous cruise, Don! Just a few more weeks for me until a B2B on Silhouette.

I was just wondering, are you experiencing the issues mentioned on Reflection with bar staff being shorthanded?

Oh, and is Michaels still being used as a craft beer bar? I'm confused since it seems to be reserved for VIP guests. My husband loves the craft beers and will be disappointed if they are not carried any longer.

Michaels is still open in the evening, still the craft beers. Seems a lot of places only have one bartender, I have not had an issue because I have a setup in the room.

Couple of new things I did notice. At the pier when you enter the building before security there are now two lines, regular cabin and a separate line for Suites and Zenith members. This is before security.

Also same setup in the Main restaurant, suites and Zenith members line and the rest of us.

On board Silhouette yesterday for first cruise this season from Florida. As expected we had a bit of a delay due to inspections but it was only a half hour or so and did not effect check in, just waited after we were checked in. For those driving, we left from pier 25, park at mid port parking area, very well marked. I have sailed out of FLL a number of times but first time I drove in, it really was fairly easy. Drop off passengers and luggage first.

Cruise Critic party was this morning, first sea day at 10:30. I have had more active roll calls and have avoided them in the past occasionally due to a probem one time but this group was quiet but very nice. It was a little odd but the ship printed out name tags with our names on it, should have done it with screen names, nobody knew who to talk to, it was weird, every party I've every been to the name tags had CC screen names.

Any other questions ask, I'll try and answer and get back. One of the cuts which wife and I noticed is no more half and half at coffee stations, not a deal breaker but we do enjoy our coffee with half and half.

Cannot wait till our Silhouette cruise in 2 1/2 weeks! Then again in March! We loved the Reflection and hope that the Silhouette is just as wonderful! I didn't realize that the first caribbean cruises were so late in the season. I thought that the cruises to the Caribbean would start the beginning of November.

Enjoy your cruise and keep us all informed!