Pier rescue in Grand Turk

Copper10-8

Is Mr. Haggerty the same Security officer who rescued a guest who fell off a pier in Australia or New Zealand a couple of years ago?

One and the same! He's making a habit out of it, plus performed CPR , along with a fellow crew member, on another pax last year and was credited with saving his life

So, is this a new HAL trend. Passengers falling off perfectly good piers?

I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps he tripped and stumbled while walking.
My guess: he was backing up and looking up to take a picture of the ship and tripped over something.

I don't know the exact circs as to how this gentleman fell into the water. I know Paul and can certainly find out. The first time Paul saved someone was in New Zealand (Paul is an Aussie, no doubt about that;)) and that (also) elderly passenger was, as has been correctly assumed here, backing up, without knowing/paying attention to his whereabouts, as he was taking pics of some vintage cars parked on/near the pier as part of a car show. When he ran out of real estate, he went in head over heels and Paul, having seen it happen, did not hesitate to go after him, saving that gent's life. Like I said, Paul has a habit of getting involved, having now saved the lives of at least three individuals/passengers that I'm aware of

My guess: he was backing up and looking up to take a picture of the ship and tripped over something.

Well it were ain't me that tripped!!!!!!

I was on the corner of the aft pool deck of NIEUW AMSTERDAM watching as the COSTA LUMINOSO sailed from the pier at Grand Turk. Got some great photos of the LUMINOSO!

Stephen