Tampa Port to Tampa Airport

NJLVW

Does anyone know the best way to get to the Tampa airport from the Tampa Port? Cruise in Jauary. Not sure how far the airport is from the port. Is it best to do a transfer from the ship? Get a taxi or find a shuttle service? I will not be rushed as my flight home is late afternoon. Just trying to find the most convenient way.

Thank you in advance for anyone that may offer there imput.

Norma

Thank you for the quick responses. I couldn't find the info. Do you just look for a taxi outside the port? Are they readily available? Just don't want to get off the ship late and miss finding a taxi. Thanx again.

Thank you for the quick responses. I couldn't find the info. Do you just look for a taxi outside the port? Are they readily available? Just don't want to get off the ship late and miss finding a taxi. Thanx again.

A line of taxis waiting for you - unless you are solo you will save money and likely be at TPA before the cruise bus is loaded up; the ride takes about 15 minutes.

You can ask the dispatcher for a taxi van, which will hold all of you and luggage. :)

Where would you find a taxi dispatcher at the port? I thought they just did drive up and wait only. Then again I have never cruised out of Tampa before.

Where would you find a taxi dispatcher at the port? I thought they just did drive up and wait only. Then again I have never cruised out of Tampa before.

On busy cruise days there is usually one at the head of the line for cabs -- if not just let couples and singles go by until a van/SUV cab makes its way to the front of the line. The times we have cruised out of Tampa there have been many min-van taxis -- which is good if you have ever seen how my wife packs! :o

We need to catch a cab but only need to travel approx 3/4 mile,how do cabdrivers react to such a short journey and will they you.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Forums mobile app

They typically have a minimum fee; if you're at a place where they wait in line it is higher than if you just flag one down when he's driving down the road.

I think the minimum fare for a cab leaving the AIRPORT is $15, I'm not sure what it is from the cruise port.

Thank you everyone for all your responses. I will see what our friends want to do but it sure seems like the taxi would work out best. This way we do not have to rush off the ship as we have later flights and if there are still issues at the Tampa port we can be at the end of it. No stress. I would think they should still have taxi service until everyone is off the ship or the could call someone. Again thank you.