Contacting the cruise director prior to boarding

Does anyone know how to contact Topi? I believe he will be our cruise director on the Serenade on 1-4-14. I really want to make sure they show the Auburn vs FSU BCS National Championship game and I had read that you should contact the cruise director to help insure they show it so can someone head me in the right direction? This is REALLY important!!:)

WAR EAGLE!

Does anyone know how to contact Topi? I believe he will be our cruise director on the Serenade on 1-4-14. I really want to make sure they show the Auburn vs FSU BCS National Championship game and I had read that you should contact the cruise director to help insure they show it so can someone head me in the right direction? This is REALLY important!!:)

WAR EAGLE!

I am sure that in one or more of the lounges, they will be showing the National Championship game. Let's face it, many many Americans will be on the cruise that week and want to see it.

I am sure that in one or more of the lounges, they will be showing the National Championship game. Let's face it, many many Americans will be on the cruise that week and want to see it.

Ditto! Don't worry. They will show it.

Can you imagine the CD getting calls from every person that wanted to watch something on tv? sheeesh lol

Good point! Over the next couple weeks there will be dozens of bowl games and hundreds of thousands of passengers on dozens of ships. I think they should all email the CD's about wanting their game on the ship TV.........

Edited by bouhunter

WAR EAGLE!

Freedom did not show SEC championship, just soccer

MIZ

Ditto! Don't worry. They will show it.

This is not always the case. My daughter is a huge football junkie and more often than not, they are not showing the bigger games she was hoping to see on board; this includes NFL as well as college games.

Even this Sunday, our final sea day, for a ship that sailed out of South Florida and the Dolphins were in contention for a wildcard there was no where on the Legend that showed the Dolphin/Bills game. Granted it wasn't a pretty sight, but still..... We really wanted to see the game and couldn't.

I never knew you could contact the CD before hand. We've always been told it was the IT staff, communications manager who handles what is being played.

I was on the Serenade for the transatlantic crossing. Don't count on Topi reading his Facebook page. He told me that he checks it very rarely.

There were football games shown all the time on the tv screens in the Castle and Crown Pub as well as on other screens around the ship. On your in room TV they showed ESPN with football but it always was a question of satellite reception

Enjoy your cruise, it's a great ship

Edited by badatz

Just to see your team lose? But why? ;)

Arrogance doesn't win games, ask Johnny Football :)

I called RCI and spoke with a representative, she looked into it for me, and said we all need to contact the Cruise Director on the first day of the cruise and put in our request. If my best friend from high school wasn't getting married ON Jan 6, you can bet your butt I'd be in Pasadena instead!

WAR EAGLE -- Destiny beats Dynasty!

Update!! Guess what I found Topi's email address and wrote him. He responded the next day!! He assured me that the BCS National Championship game will be shown on board! Yeah!! Pay's to at least try. WAR EAGLE!!!

Lacy4au are you on my sailing on the Serenade??

I've always been curious...is it Auburn War Eagles or Tigers? I've heard both.

It is the Auburn Tigers... War Eagle is the battle cry. There are a lot of stories about the origin, but being in Jordan-Hare and watching the eagle fly and land on the field while 87,451 of your friends cheer it on is AUsome.

See y'all in a week! I'll be the one screaming War Eagle at the top of my lungs in the Auburn dress :D

Pardon me for asking, but why would you go on a cruise to watch football? Can't you do that at home?

I'd love to do it at home (actually, if I wasn't on the cruise I'd have found a way to do it from the Rose Bowl Stadium!), but my best girlfriend from high school is getting married on a day at sea.

I am far more a football person than a cruise person, but I'm also a good friend :) That doesn't mean I can't still be a fan!

...and why do people go on cruises, but read, sit, gamble, or watch shows all the time. Can't they do that at home or just a $99 flight away or something? We all enjoy different things!

I have enjoyed watching football on cruise ships many times. I remember watching the Super Bowl with a English guy I met while cruising "down under" (we watched it Monday Morning at 11 am). He never watched American football, he enjoyed it and I did too. If there is a good crowd it is like watching a game with a bunch of friends.