Laundry & Photo Package questions

cruiser2523

We will be sailing soon on the Noordam New Years sailing and wondered what the current prices were for the unlimited laundry package and what it includes? Does it include pressing or is that available separately? In addition, does anyone know the current price for the unlimited photo package. Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions and answers.

I was not aware that HAL had an unlimited photo package. Would that include all pictures taken by the ship photographers (embarkation, port pictures, diningroom, formal)? I know the special black/white wouldn't be included.

It's a 7 day cruise. DO you know what the prices might be?

If my memory serves me correctly, I think it is $7 a day for domestic cruises and $9 a day for European cruises. There may have been a price increase that I am not aware of, but at least you have a ball-park figure.

We paid $98 for our recent 14 day cruise for the unlimited laundry package. All items came back pressed.

We did not purchase any photos but the unlimited package with digital files and all photos taken on board and on shore (not sure if it included the black and white studio photos) was $450. :)

We paid $98 for our recent 14 day cruise for the unlimited laundry package. All items came back pressed.

We did not purchase any photos but the unlimited package with digital files and all photos taken on board and on shore (not sure if it included the black and white studio photos) was $450. :)

Who do you contact for the laundry package?

Who do you contact for the laundry package?

When you fill in the laundry form when you fill the bag, you tick the unlimited laundry box at the botton of the form. I did also have to go down to the Front Office to sign the sales receipt as well..which i did on the first day. :)

... does anyone know the current price for the unlimited photo package...

On an 11-day cruise we paid USD 449,95 for the unlimited photo package. That includes all the pictures made by the photographers (formal studio, formal dining room, informal studio, gangway pics, etc). In addition you get a DVD with all the pictures in jpg format. The package without the DVD is somewhat cheaper.

This package does however NOT include the special Black Label photo's made in the Black Label studio. They have a separate pricelist. For a regular photo expect to pay a couple of hundred USD. They also have an unlimited package, but if I remember correctly that is close to USD 9000.

When we first bought the package we were afraid that once we paid, the photographers would avoid you (so as to limit the number of pictures they have to print for you). The opposite is true, the photographers are really enthousiastic. Each time you see a photographer they will be glad to take your picture, especially if you have a package. On formal nights they have 2 to 4 studio's and you are very welcome in every studio. Last time we had 116 pictures, most of them really nice.

So if you like the photo's they make onboard: take the unlimited package and enjoy !

When you fill in the laundry form when you fill the bag, you tick the unlimited laundry box at the botton of the form. I did also have to go down to the Front Office to sign the sales receipt as well..which i did on the first day. :)

Checking the form seems to be the case on some cruises. Other times they have asked we come to the front desk to sign up.

If in doubt, phone the front desk.

On an 11-day cruise we paid USD 449,95 for the unlimited photo package. That includes all the pictures made by the photographers (formal studio, formal dining room, informal studio, gangway pics, etc). In addition you get a DVD with all the pictures in jpg format.

Thanks for the info!! I was hoping they'd have this sort of deal!

How often are they set up on the ship for photo shoots?

How often are they set up on the ship for photo shoots?

Well, let me count. The numbers are for our med cruises on signature/vista ships.

First you get the boarding picture (usually 1 of 2 pics in the cruise terminal)

On each formal night they have 2 to 4 studios. Each studio has a different theme. Green background, white background, on the stairs in the Atrium, etc. We are a family of 4. Usually they take pictures of the whole family, both adults, both children and any other combination you ask for. Also on formal night they come in the MDR to take pictures at the table.

On informal nights (the other nights) they sometimes have one studio for informal pictures. Not each night, I guess every other night. The informal pictures are very nice. A great moment for a family picture. Everyone is relaxed.

On special sail-aways they sometimes shoot pictures outside. We had pictures when passing Stromboli volcano, Leaving Cagliari, etc. If you have a package they will recognise you and encourage you to have your picture taken.

Finally in each port the photographers are on the gangway. They usually will have one of them dressed in local costumes (like a Roman soldier in Italy). They take one or two pictures of the family. These are printed as a souvenir card together with pictures of the port/town.

We think the photographers are really professionals. Of course you pay quite a lot of money. On the other hand, if you go to a professional photographer on land, you might pay the same amount only for an couple of pictures.

If my memory serves me correctly, I think it is $7 a day for domestic cruises and $9 a day for European cruises. There may have been a price increase that I am not aware of, but at least you have a ball-park figure.

Is this per person or per cabin? When we did our Holland cruise to Alaska we had three people in our room and it included all of us. However, I think I remember reading it is now per person.

We used the unlimited laundry package twice, Westerdam in 2011 and Eurodam in 2013, and the cost each time was $7.00 per day per cabin. That's the per-day charge (eg. $84.00 for a 12-day cruise) even though laundry service isn't available for the last one or two days at the end. Still was worth it!

We ordered the package in advance by phone at HAL's customer service 877 number.

We used the unlimited laundry package twice, Westerdam in 2011 and Eurodam in 2013, and the cost each time was $7.00 per day per cabin. That's the per-day charge (eg. $84.00 for a 12-day cruise) even though laundry service isn't available for the last one or two days at the end. Still was worth it!

We ordered the package in advance by phone at HAL's customer service 877 number.

The last day for unlimited laundry would be 48 hours prior to disembarkation day.

We will be sailing soon on the Noordam New Years sailing and wondered what the current prices were for the unlimited laundry package and what it includes? Does it include pressing or is that available separately? In addition, does anyone know the current price for the unlimited photo package. Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions and answers.

Have you called HAL and asked them? Have you gone on the admittedly horrible HAL WEB site and checked?

DON