Elite Lounge Drinks Specials

jamesnnb

Most days the drink specials were $5 (plus tip and plus tax if in a port) Some days they didn't list the price of the special drink so I'm not sure if those days it was the going rate. I had a mojito one day and it was the worst mojito I've ever had, I think they left out the sugar syrup. The margarita another day was not bad.

Jackie

Wonder if we are the only ones who are Elite who never go?

Nothing we want to drink is ever on special and we sort of like going to our favorite bar/lounge instead.

What are we missing? :confused:

LuLu

~~~~

We went a few times to visit with people we had met earlier and for the wonderful views from Skywalkers. Also, they had some awesome olives along with the daily food offerings.

Jackie

Nothing we want to drink is ever on special and we sort of like going to our favorite bar/lounge instead.

LuLu

~~~~

You can order any of the "specials" even if it's not that night for it. Just look at your invite to see the options. As I remember, they are Cosmopolitan, Brezza Marina, El Major Margarita, Chairman of the Board, Chevas Regal, Rob Roy, and Mojito. Oh, and house port.

I enjoy the Platinum/Elite lounge because many of my friends are also Platinum/Elite and it's a good way to get-together or meet others. I usually don't care for the special nibbles but I do enjoy the shrimp when they have it, the vegetables with ranch dip and the cheese. I rarely see Bel Paese elsewhere on the ship, which I love.

Pam: We did not know that you can order any of the 'specials' any evening. So you could have The Chairman of the Board every night? Is this true on all ships? Also, can you have the Chairman of the Board in just one liquor (I think they make them with Gin AND Vodka).

LuLu

~~~~

It's seems the pricing makes no sense...why charge practically the same prices as any other bar? When the Lounge started a few years ago the drinks were $2.99 and it was a nice perk.......not any more.

Food it pretty much free thoughout the ship, so that's not a big deal either.

Only the feeling of status for being allowed entry has merit for some.

It's seems the pricing makes no sense...why charge practically the same prices as any other bar? When the Lounge started a few years ago the drinks were $2.99 and it was a nice perk.......not any more.

Food it pretty much free thoughout the ship, so that's not a big deal either.

Only the feeling of status for being allowed entry has merit for some.

On most cruises, there are not a large number of people attending, so it is a relaxing place to enjoy food and drink and talk with some fellow passengers.

Yes, there is plenty of free food elsewhere and yes, there are plenty of bars elsewhere, but the combination of the quality food and drink is not found in another venue on the ship.

LuLu

~~~~

I'm Elite and I've never been, even when I was Platinum. I don't drink much alcohol and would prefer, if I am to have a drink, to have it at the show.

LuLu

~~~~

You are not missing anything. Very few people attend. We tried it on the last cruise in Nov and there was no ONE there. This is a very poor perk if it can be called a perk.

Edited by Oxo

You are not missing anything. Very few people attend. We tried it on the last cruise in Nov and there was no ONE there. This is a very poor perk if it can be called a perk.

Attendence will vary. I have seen times there is not a seat to be had and other times when it is as empty as you have seen.

Is Pam correct -- can you order any one of the 6 specials on any given night, even if it is not the special of the night? Is this true on all ships?
That was true on the Royal because I went between a Brezza Marina and a Chairman of the Board most nights. It doesn't hurt to ask.

I agree with you. And yet, there are people who post

here that they lie about being in a suite to gain entrance.

You meet the nicest people on ships...

LuLu

~~~~

You are missing the canapes that are not served in any other bar.

I agree with you. And yet, there are people who post

here that they lie about being in a suite to gain entrance.

You meet the nicest people on ships...

Why would people lie to get into a location to buy a $5.99 drink? If you can afford a suite, pay $1 more for the same drink. LOL CHEAP!!!!!

Is Pam correct -- can you order any one of the 6 specials on any given night, even if it is not the special of the night? Is this true on all ships?

Definitely true on Ruby and when I asked the waitress if it was new, she said no, it had always been that way.

Currently sailing in GRAND Princess for 15 days from San Fran to Hawaii and back. Add "Japanese Slipper" to the list, for a total of 8 different drinks.

And yes, you can order any one of the 8 specials on any different night. We could do this in STAR and SAPPHIRE when we sailed in them in October and November this year.

Cost per drink onboard GRAND: $3.99. Yes, you read that right. Haven't seen that price in awhile!

Currently sailing in GRAND Princess for 15 days from San Fran to Hawaii and back. Add "Japanese Slipper" to the list, for a total of 8 different drinks.

And yes, you can order any one of the 8 specials on any different night. We could do this in STAR and SAPPHIRE when we sailed in them in October and November this year.

Cost per drink onboard GRAND: $3.99. Yes, you read that right. Haven't seen that price in awhile!

The inconsistantcy among the fleet is amazing :eek:, have not seen that price in years. :(