Elite Lounge Drinks Specials

jamesnnb

You can order any of the "specials" even if it's not that night for it. Just look at your invite to see the options. As I remember, they are Cosmopolitan, Brezza Marina, El Major Margarita, Chairman of the Board, Chevas Regal, Rob Roy, and Mojito. Oh, and house port.

I enjoy the Platinum/Elite lounge because many of my friends are also Platinum/Elite and it's a good way to get-together or meet others. I usually don't care for the special nibbles but I do enjoy the shrimp when they have it, the vegetables with ranch dip and the cheese. I rarely see Bel Paese elsewhere on the ship, which I love.

We just did 3 weeks on the Diamond in Southeast Asia. They did NOT allow us to choose any drink from the 'Elite menu' on any night - the first time we had ever experienced that. (We thought the server must be mistaken and confirmed it with the bar manager.) So, we only had cocktails there the evenings that they featured Chairman of the Board. We appreciate choosing our favorites at Skywalkers and are looking forward to revisiting on the Emerald in 23 days.

It's seems the pricing makes no sense...why charge practically the same prices as any other bar? When the Lounge started a few years ago the drinks were $2.99 and it was a nice perk.......not any more.

Food it pretty much free thoughout the ship, so that's not a big deal either.

Only the feeling of status for being allowed entry has merit for some.

...not much of a perk. Just completed a B2B2B that included the Royal Princess and Independence of the Seas. For those who love to drink (ok, alcoholics), Elites on Princess gets the bar set-up. On RCCL, the Diamond's (comparable to Elite's), can drink every evening from 5:00 to 8:30 pm...for free. Which lounge would you prefer if you were both Elite and Diamond? :rolleyes:

...not much of a perk. Just completed a B2B2B that included the Royal Princess and Independence of the Seas. For those who love to drink (ok, alcoholics), Elites on Princess gets the bar set-up. On RCCL, the Diamond's (comparable to Elite's), can drink every evening from 5:00 to 8:30 pm...for free. Which lounge would you prefer if you were both Elite and Diamond? :rolleyes:

We've recently experienced the Diamond Lounge on RC and the Elite lounge on Princess. No comparison. I would be more than willing to give up my minibar for 3.5 hours of nightly free drinks, every one of which was stronger than drinks I pay for on Princess. Of course, it's rather self-limiting, unless I want to feel like crap after a few days.

Yes, I know some people don't drink and so love that they can get bottles of soda and water in lieu of a minibar. This is JMO.

Totally agree with you. RCI even has a small buffet in the lounge which consists of chicken wings, shrimp, veggies, dips, egg rolls, etc. That is every night. No comparison to the so called Elite on Princess. Celebrity also has a Happy hour with free drinks every night except on embarkation nite and senior officer party night when drink are free on that nite, too. Celebrity has their happy hour from 5 - 7pm.

We've recently experienced the Diamond Lounge on RC and the Elite lounge on Princess. No comparison. I would be more than willing to give up my minibar for 3.5 hours of nightly free drinks, every one of which was stronger than drinks I pay for on Princess. Of course, it's rather self-limiting, unless I want to feel like crap after a few days.

Yes, I know some people don't drink and so love that they can get bottles of soda and water in lieu of a minibar. This is JMO.

i guess if the elite lounge on princess continues to be frequented and they make money they will keep it going

princess used to be my favorite and i would try not to stray but i see myself gravitating towards celebrity more and more and i think it's quicker to become elite with them--that lounge seems very appetizing! they also have a martini specials menu for all guests with no status requirement for 5.50 from 11 to close and 4-5 -- i wish princess would do more happy hours and specials, i think they did here and there but are so inconsistent. they also are strict with measuring alcohol while celebrity and rccl don't. (yes, i like to drink on vacation :) )

Totally agree with you. RCI even has a small buffet in the lounge which consists of chicken wings, shrimp, veggies, dips, egg rolls, etc. That is every night. No comparison to the so called Elite on Princess. Celebrity also has a Happy hour with free drinks every night except on embarkation nite and senior officer party night when drink are free on that nite, too. Celebrity has their happy hour from 5 - 7pm.

Chicken wings and egg rolls are no comparison to smoked salmon and herbed goat cheese. You can keep your free drinks and your fried foods on RCI; I'll happily pay $5 to get better hors d'oeurves.

Chicken wings and egg rolls are no comparison to smoked salmon and herbed goat cheese. You can keep your free drinks and your fried foods on RCI; I'll happily pay $5 to get better hors d'oeurves.

Absolutely agree! Don't forget the home made guacamole :D.

You are missing the canapes that are not served in any other bar.

It's not just about the drinks. I often just have a glass of wine instead of the "special".

I really enjoy the wonderful cheeses they offer. I try be sure to get there the nights when Stilton is available. YUM!!

Also, I find the guacamole quite good on most ships, though the tortilla chips they serve with it are not the best.

...must've hit a nerve. We love both Princess and RCCL (and Celebrity). Yes, not only are the drinks free on RCCL, they are better. I can get my rum and coke, or scotch on the rocks, wine, or even soda.

Last week onboard the Royal Princess, the Elite Lounge served nothing but olives, cheese, and crackers...really? Worse, the $5 drinks you are happy to pay for...were watered down.

Again, we love Princess...but their so called Elite Lounge is not a perk.

Last week onboard the Royal Princess, the Elite Lounge served nothing but olives, cheese, and crackers...really? Worse, the $5 drinks you are happy to pay for...were watered down.

What a shame! We were on the Royal Dec 8 - 15 and the 'special' appetizers were served each evening. Did the info sheet in your cabin indicate each day's special drink and special appetizers? Did you ask anyone why they weren't available?

Again, we love Princess...but their so called Elite Lounge is not a perk.

i agree--why can't they do better drinks for a better price or complimentary AND have the nice cheeses and salmon that people like :)

i don't see a reason to not try to get princess make this lounge a better perk for loyal guests

I'm glad you like paying $5 for each watered down drink of the day. We have seen them pour a drink and even asked the waiter why the drink was so weak. LOL There is no comparison of the amount of booze in Princess' $5 drink to the other cruise lines free drinks. RCI and X do not measure a drink when they pour, they just pour. On the other cruise lines you can request more than the 1 drink that they serve for that evening or even the 7 that Princess serves during the 7 day cruise. We have many days on Princess and still cruise Princess. In fact over 500 days on Princess. However, if we see you on a Celebrity or RCI cruise, please do not drink the free drinks. Pay the extra $5 per drink so you can have a slice of smoked salmon and herbed goat cheese. RCI has a dedicated lounge. X also has a dedicated lounge or if there are too many people attending, then they hand out vouchers.

Different strokes for different folks. Glad you don't mind paying.

They also limit you to certain drinks. If you order off the "special" menu you will pay full price.

What does RCI limit you too? Certain drinks? What special drinks are you talking about? Be a little more specific. There is no comparison between Princess' 1 drink each evening to the selection of drinks that you can get on RCI and X.

Just got off of Royal Princess, Allure of the seas and Solstice. Sure saw a difference on Royal Princess drinks compared to the other two. JMHO!

No smoke blowing. LOL

Hi everyone

Just a quick question. On previous cruises the Platinum/Elite bar was held in Skywalkers. We are on the Royal in 2 weeks time, and would like to know in where it is held on this ship.

Thanks

Tony

When we were on Royal Princess it was in Club 6. Nice location, but no one in there but two couples.

When we were on Royal Princess it was in Club 6. Nice location, but no one in there but two couples.

Club 6 is much smaller than Skywalkers and doesn't have the impressive view but make sure you raise the shades (don't know why they were always down) to get a close up view of the water. On our cruise it was very, very busy (at least one evening there were no seats available by 5:15) each evening from 5 pm until the early dining cruisers left at 5:45.

You are not missing anything. Very few people attend. We tried it on the last cruise in Nov and there was no ONE there. This is a very poor perk if it can be called a perk.

Well, on a b2b in November on Golden Princess, you couldn't get a seat in Skywalkers if you showed up late... And the one on Caribbean Princess earlier this month was fairly well attended. I, for one, do enjoy the Elite/Platinum lounge. I don't find that the drinks are watered down (I'm a Chairman of the Board afficianado), but they are certainly served in smaller glasses.

For me, it's a great perk... :)

What a shame! We were on the Royal Dec 8 - 15 and the 'special' appetizers were served each evening. Did the info sheet in your cabin indicate each day's special drink and special appetizers? Did you ask anyone why they weren't available?

...yes, we got the info sheet. No, we did not ask anyone...no one else cared.

Actually, it was another group that complained about having only olives, cheese, and crackers. It was the first night and the expectation were high for being on a new ship. One lady (displaying a black card) was the one who said, rather loudly: "Olives, cheese, and crackers...really?".

There is nothing "special" about the drinks or the appetizers. We only went to the lounge because our friends designated that as a meeting place. We never went back. Again, IMHO...it is not a perk.