I got all the way to the port and realized I left my________.

prettybrowneyes

What did you realize you or someone sailing with you left once you were set to board? In 2009, my daughter left her ID and was almost not allowed to sail.

I found out I didn't have my driver's license when we went to check in at the airport when flying out to meet the cruise. But I did have my passport :D.

Different cruise - I forgot the Imodium :rolleyes:

I always leave my crazy life behind, like others above.

I've also had to find a place to buy makeup more than once. (When will I learn.)

At least I get to the port a day ahead and have a chance to find out what I left before boarding.

We booked a cruise to the Mex Riviera thru Vactogo , my son only had a birth cert and drivers license. I checked prior to cruise if this was sufficient and was assured it was, it was also in the paperwork as being ok. When we got to ship in San Diego they refused to let my son go aboard. Arguing with govt. at port was fruitless. Tossed my son the car keys and an ATM and said see you in a week. Only got 300 dollars back from Vactogo :mad:

What more was needed other than a birth certificate and driver's license. If your son is US born, isn't that enough?!!

We had two months of travel planned: Cross country on Amtrak, Celebrity Infinity San Diego to Harwich, cunard QE four day, then fly to Venice for three days and 12 days on Sihlouette. we get to checkin at San diego and my sister cannot find her credit cards. thrus out they had fallen out of her purse and were in her car at home. We tried to get them sent to Celebrity at FLL mid-cruise, but they would not accept responsibility for the cards. However, they will accept medical supplies, so our TA arranged with them to accept a package with diabetic supplies (which we didn't need) and her daughters tucked the cards in with them. Wasted our turn around day in FLL, but we got the cards. And arranging it with Celebrity made our TA worth her weight in gold. EM

We booked a cruise to the Mex Riviera thru Vactogo , my son only had a birth cert and drivers license. I checked prior to cruise if this was sufficient and was assured it was, it was also in the paperwork as being ok. When we got to ship in San Diego they refused to let my son go aboard. Arguing with govt. at port was fruitless. Tossed my son the car keys and an ATM and said see you in a week. Only got 300 dollars back from Vactogo :mad:

My husband would definitely do this to our kids. I on the other hand would turn around and go home, in tears.

Edited by prettybrowneyes
Incorrect spelling

You need a passport or passport card to travel between the U.S and Mexico now. Even driving.

Not for a closed loop cruise. The US Passport site states that closed loop cruises (beginning and ending in the same US port) only require a birth certificate and a government issued photo ID for US citizens.

Driving, yes, you need a passport or passport card.

"Closed Loop" Cruises: U.S. citizens who board a cruise ship at a port within the United States, travel only within the Western Hemisphere, and return to the same U.S. port on the same ship may present a government issued photo identification, along with proof of citizenship (an original or copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular report of Birth Abroad, or a Certificate of Naturalization). Please be aware that you may still be required to present a passport to enter the foreign countries your cruise ship is visiting. Check with your cruise line to ensure you have the appropriate documents.

http://www.getyouhome.gov/html/lang_eng/eng_sa.html

Edited by Shmoo here

Let's see - even with a list I've forgotten

- sunscreen

- shoes

- camera charger

- cord to connect camera & laptop

- European adaptor - even though I swore it was in there

Worst was my swimsuit! Cruise line shops don't seem to cater to larger women when it comes to swimsuits :mad:

Last week on the Dream realized I left my shoes home and had to wear sneakers all week.

Ummm yeah, that was me, last week on the Wonder...I brought one pair of dress shoes that are in the goodwil pile now, I wore them only to walk into MDR in my formal dress. I couldn't do stairs or carry dd in them. The other nights, I was bare foot or in my shoelaceless keds.

My kid was barefoot as well, but she packed 5 pairs of shoes, just decided she wasn't wearing them.

We cruised last week, none of us have passports, only id and bc for us, only bc for dd. No issues.

Last week I forgot:

dh's ties (he wasn't happy with me, thankfully his bolo (?) tie was still packed with my jewelry from last year, so he was good.

my comfy go with anything black shoes

Last year, my ring. I took it off to shower that morning, get to port, not on my finger. I didn't remember taking it off...

I should note, that I ALWAYS forget about shoes. Night before our wedding? Yep, no wedding shoes. Day before honeymoon cruise? Nope, no shoes other than the ones I was wearing, dh packed 3 or 4 pairs! Morning of graduation? TWICE? trip to payless to buy shoes (something about not being able to wear my tennis shoes...grumble).

What did you realize you or someone sailing with you left once you were set to board? In 2009, my daughter left her ID and was almost not allowed to sail.

Ok.. so laugh at me... like I did..

Left the house in the middle of the night to drive to the port. It was a long drive, so I stayed in my pajamas so I could sleep on the way. About 5 miles from port, we stopped so I could go to the bathroom and get dressed. Only to find out that I forgot to pack ANY bras. :eek:

You think it's hard to find a decent swimsuit when you're not a size 5?? Try attempting to find a 44G bra ANYWHERE...

Not for a closed loop cruise. The US Passport site states that closed loop cruises (beginning and ending in the same US port) only require a birth certificate and a government issued photo ID for US citizens.

Driving, yes, you need a passport or passport card.

"Closed Loop" Cruises: U.S. citizens who board a cruise ship at a port within the United States, travel only within the Western Hemisphere, and return to the same U.S. port on the same ship may present a government issued photo identification, along with proof of citizenship (an original or copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular report of Birth Abroad, or a Certificate of Naturalization). Please be aware that you may still be required to present a passport to enter the foreign countries your cruise ship is visiting. Check with your cruise line to ensure you have the appropriate documents.

http://www.getyouhome.gov/html/lang_eng/eng_sa.html

Sounds good, but when your dealing with a hard headed govt. employee that doesn't know their own rules and the ship is about to sail what else can you do.