Just used my open passage

gordylad

Gordylad,

I am glad that someone else has been awarded the 25 Bonus points for booking before Dec 31st.

They show on my invoice from Celebrity as OBC/bonus points 25.

As yet they have not been added to our accrued points, in our on line Captains Club account ( we have 420 and are already Elite)

Now I am wondering if we have to sail first, before they are added to the account. It won't make a difference to my status, but I am wondering if you are hoping that you will reach Elite status before you sail?

Came in handy by booking in the UK

11 night eastern med cruise Reflection

Free bev package

Free grats

With the open passage $200 OBC

25 bonus points taking us to Elite

Sorted.:D

Good for you. Was this the new version of the Open Passage or the order one.

Gordylad,

I am glad that someone else has been awarded the 25 Bonus points for booking before Dec 31st.

They show on my invoice from Celebrity as OBC/bonus points 25.

As yet they have not been added to our accrued points, in our on line Captains Club account ( we have 420 and are already Elite)

Now I am wondering if we have to sail first, before they are added to the account. It won't make a difference to my status, but I am wondering if you are hoping that you will reach Elite status before you sail?

Interesting. Mine does not show on my Celebrity invoice. Should I be concerned?

open passage reserved from a sailing in 2011

This explains it! :D:D

Just went through today's mail, and voila! A flyer from Celebrity telling me that I can combine my pre 8/1/13 open passage with the 1-2-3 go offer and also receive the 25 bonus club points and reduced deposit if booked by 12/31!! Still have until 2/28/14 but would lose the 25 points, which is no big deal for me.

Thank you Celebrity!!!

Edited by gimletgal

open passage reserved from a sailing in 2011

Just went through today's mail, and voila! A flyer from Celebrity telling me that I can combine my pre 8/1/13 open passage with the 1-2-3 go offer and also receive the 25 bonus club points and reduced deposit if booked by 12/31!! Still have until 2/28/14 but would lose the 25 points, which is no big deal for me.

Thank you Celebrity!!!

Thank you. I received one of those a few months ago and I was thinking that they might allow you to use an old one.

Points are added after a cruise.

Are you sure? I am sailing on the Silhouette on the 5th of January, I did the math that cruise with some earlier ones I have taken and it added up to the amount Celebrity recently emailed me.

I hope your right and I get some extra points. :D

Possibly different rules for the UK? Or just plain old luck! :D

I purchased an Open Passage October 2012 on a Solstice Med cruise, the following year I tried to use it on a Reflection Med Cruise, they gave me the option of using the Open Passage or a $1000 OBC. That was easy :cool:. Then on this upcoming Silhouette Caribbean cruise in 2 weeks, which I booked on the Reflection, they gave me the option of Open Passage or 1-2-3 offer. I took the 1-2-3 offer. Speaking with staff member at the Reflection's Future Cruise Desk I asked, "when can you use this offer? you always seem to have some offer". She looked and smiled and said the offer never expires and the day will come some cruise will not a special offer. Reassuring :rolleyes:

Edited by Banjo

Thank you Celebrity!!!

I also got $300 OBC added to a cruise booked under the new 1,2, 3 promo (with the 25 bonus points) . It was booked with an existing Passages certificate we had transferred from an onboard booking that we had to cancel.

I thought the $300 was a mistake and I was afraid to count on it.

Thanks for clearing up the mystery!

I also got $300 OBC added to a cruise booked under the new 1,2, 3 promo (with the 25 bonus points) . It was booked with an existing Passages certificate we had transferred from an onboard booking that we had to cancel.

Karen, may I ask when your cruise is? I leaving on the Silhouette January 5th, would it pay me call Celebrity to use a Open Passage I have and still retain my 1-2-3 offer?

Good for you, seems like you got a sweet deal.

Karen, may I ask when your cruise is? I leaving on the Silhouette January 5th, would it pay me call Celebrity to use a Open Passage I have and still retain my 1-2-3 offer?

Good for you, seems like you got a sweet deal.

We used it to book a cruise for Feb. 2015.

Your January cruise is past final payment so you can't make any changes without losing what you've paid for the cruise.

Find something you want to do in 2015 and use your Passage certificate for that. If you need to cancel just make sure that instead of outright cancelling you transfer your booking number to another cruise.

If you cancel a cruise booked with a Passage certificate instead of transferring the booking number you lose the $100 you've put down.

We used it to book a cruise for Feb. 2015.

Your January cruise is past final payment so you can't make any changes without losing what you've paid for the cruise.

Find something you want to do in 2015 and use your Passage certificate for that. If you need to cancel just make sure that instead of outright cancelling you transfer your booking number to another cruise.

If you cancel a cruise booked with a Passage certificate instead of transferring the booking number you lose the $100 you've put down.

Thanks Karen. At this point canceling not really an option.

I keep my eye out for something good for 2015.

You're welcome. I think it's great that Celebrity did something for those of us with the "old" Passages certificates! :D

I'm a little confused here - I had used an Open Passage certificate for a Feb 2015 Australia cruise - At the time these were not combinable with the 123 promotion - I received the reduced deposit and the special Onboard credit for booking when the cruise had first opened up - Can I now add one of the 123 go offers (like a drink package?) Also I dont understand the 25 points. How does that work?

Thanks!

Edited by jeremybe

Any chance you can scan the flyer and email or post it here? Called Celebrity and was told only Open passages booked After August were eligible for this- This would be huge

Thank you Celebrity!!!

Any chance you can scan the flyer and email or post it here? Called Celebrity and was told only Open passages booked After August were eligible for this- This would be huge

I used my Open Passage dated Nov.2011.

Edited by iSailor

Sure - no problem. Call them back - the agent you spoke with probably was not aware of it. :confused: Often times it takes more than one call to X to find someone who does know what is going on.

openpassagepromo_zps56545fba.jpg

Thank you! I greatly appreciate it. Did you guys have your travel agent do this or did you call Captains Club directly for this?

Sure - no problem. Call them back - the agent you spoke with probably was not aware of it. :confused: Often times it takes more than one call to X to find someone who does know what is going on.

openpassagepromo_zps56545fba.jpg

Thank you! I greatly appreciate it. Did you guys have your travel agent do this or did you call Captains Club directly for this?

My travel agent made the call since I was transferring an existing booking which was already assigned to her. You should certainly be able to handle it yourself

Provided you get an informed agent. :). Good luck!