Why celebrity does not participate in send off, would you like to see

fishycomics

This is a thread not offopic, and have something to discuss, if you are disgusted here below is a complimentary drink.

Why do you not see a friendly gesture like P & O?

P & O Cruises, The Adonia

2a5atfq.jpg

2qi9sf4.jpg

dbpc8x.jpg

What are your thoughts on the topic. people cheerful, having a great time, and all celebrity can do is cheer back.

I do my best to show pictures not punning.

Edited by fishycomics

We had a send off on the Millennium out of Sydney Nov 20th. I will try to post a few pictures but it was a few hundred people out on the Helicopter pad all the B2B cruisers were invited with a lot of officers and few Maitre 'd 's. They had mimosa and sparkling wine. They likely do it every port with the B2B passengers.

It was a much bigger party then any of the others posted so far.

Edited by baldercash

They do people always want the cruise company to do things:rolleyes:

With the roll call, we had a great sail way on our April Silhouette TA at the sunset bar , over 100 people showed , it was great time

thanks that is a group thing, something arranged outside the cruise line :D

I hope Celebrity never do the cringe making antics of P and O. I was ashamed to be British as I observed their jingoistic antics with a "Brit party" as they sailed out of Gibraltar last year. Add to that the litter created/ potential damage to the environment when items end up in the sea

I am very happy with some music poolside or inside up front as weather/timing dictates plus any private arrangements friends/roll calls make. We should remember change over day is so demanding on the crew, maybe therefore it's the day we should collectively take the strain

Usually the sail away is announced' date=' and recently sparkling wine has been provided at the sail away party, so it is definitely arranged by Celebrity.[/quote']

Yes only day One we have that, and what I am saying is when at Ports, when another ship is next door. a simple wave and whistle. may be best. As you are next to a ship that has something like that, it makes your ship look like it is missing something. FUN! I guess certain ships are laid back.

As for the type of music played its world wide no issues with it for me. I am a visitor, expect everything.

Yes only day One we have that, and what I am saying is when at Ports, when another ship is next door. a simple wave and whistle. may be best. As you are next to a ship that has something like that, it makes your ship look like it is missing something. FUN! I guess certain ships are laid back.

As for the type of music played its world wide no issues with it for me. I am a visitor, expect everything.

If it bothers you that much maybe you should cruise on P&O not Celebrity.

On our T/A they did have a sail away from Barcelona.

Edited by ozark74

Not it interested me. it bothered you, but who is P & O anyways.

P&O are the biggest cruise company in the UK and they recently celebrated their 175th Anniversary in 2012 by having all 7 ships in Southampton together.

As they sail mainly from Southampton, they have a large passenger group, who don't like flying.

They tend to be quite expensive, as until recently they didn't have much competition.

Edited by upwarduk

P&O are the biggest cruise company in the UK and they recently celebrated their 175th Anniversary in 2012 by having all 7 ships in Southampton together.

As they sail mainly from Southampton, they have a large passenger group, who don't like flying.

They tend to be quite expensive, as until recently they didn't have much competition.

Thank you. I learned something new today, and htat I do thank you for your personal time.

I seen them a few times during my cruise.

thanks fishycomics

I hope Celebrity never do the cringe making antics of P and O. I was ashamed to be British as I observed their jingoistic antics with a "Brit party" as they sailed out of Gibraltar last year. Add to that the litter created/ potential damage to the environment when items end up in the sea

I am very happy with some music poolside or inside up front as weather/timing dictates plus any private arrangements friends/roll calls make. We should remember change over day is so demanding on the crew, maybe therefore it's the day we should collectively take the strain

You mean this?

About five or six years ago we were docked in St. Maarten next to an Ocean Village (no longer in business) ship. They had one heck of a sail away party. I thought that it was kind of fun to watch. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Edited by cruisingator2

Having sailed P&O 5 times, we like the sailaways. They are there to watch or participate in if you wish. If you dont then there are many other areas you can go to to watch the sailaway. On RCI and Celebrity you would hardly know you were leaving port as the decks were disserted apart from the sunset bar on Eclipse. The sailaways on P&O that are the most devisive are the Great British Sailaways, often when leaving Gibraltar. They are the most enthusiastic ones but the Entertainment team do a great hob.

I dont undestand those that say they are embarrasing and should be stopped. Simply walk a few hundred yards fore or aft and let everyone else enjoy their cruise. Everyones cruise is different.

I'll most definitely second that :)

Lou

many yrs ago our whole family attended an on ship bon voyage party when my aunt sailed transatlantic w/ Cunard. It was a huge event w/lots of food, streamers etc, but truthfully could not take place these days with so many security issues.

we are always happy once we get on bd and have time to chill out before sailaway!

I prefer that the sailing crew attend to assisting the ship out of the harbor safely. Plenty of other times where celeb officers and crew are quite socially visible.

Usual sailaway festivities are fine with me...either at the pool, Sunset bar with cruisecritic friends or on our balcony! Those that want to can show banners and wave to the port cams...

!

You mean this?

About five or six years ago we were docked in St. Maarten next to an Ocean Village (no longer in business) ship. They had one heck of a sail away party. I thought that it was kind of fun to watch. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Looks like fun.....some people just don't like to see people have fun.....when its not my cup of tea I leave but happy for them....

I prefer that the sailing crew attend to assisting the ship out of the harbor safely. Plenty of other times where celeb officers and crew are quite socially visible. ....

!

I'm pretty sure that an on deck bon-voyage party, utilizing the house band and a half dozen animators will have zero effect on any "safety issue" :p

The video posted earlier looks like everybody is having a great time! :D