Upper Middle Class Bogan, which cruise line?

NSWP

...and a happy new years to you Walloper Les :p

Yes ...we have more than our fair share of Bogans in the Sunshine State...most imported from down south :D

It seems that they are all pretty proud of the Bogan Status. The Bne City Council was forever replacing the street sign...it had become something of a cult symbol.

Very little resistance for the BCC when approached to change the name.

cheers

You have got it wrong Flipper, the species was developed in Qld. LOL. That is why they sent the Pacific Dawn up to work from Brisvegas. LOL. But then....look what happened to the cane toads.

Edited by NSWP

I have only very recently heard the term upper middle Bogan...before that it was always said CUBS which stands for Cashed Up Bogans.

For our overseas friends the best examples of CUBS I have seen are the Kardashian's on TV!

Lots of them on RCCL!

In fact my teenage daughter christened Radiance of the Seas Boganville!

Edited by 3littlepigs
Additional info

Flipper, I still work in that area and haven't noticed the street name change. I just love the irony that the next St along is Collingwood St! :D even driving to work on a Monday morning I still never fail to crack a smirk at some town planner's humour way back when!! LMAO! :D

Don't forget the honourable Clive Palmer is a self confessed bogan. We have quite a few in parliament :D here in Aus!!

Anything to get publicity. I also reckon his plan to build a replica Titanic is just a publicity stunt. I can't see it being financially viable. Would you book on a ship without air conditioning and with the only the most expensive suites having their own bathrooms? Maybe some people would go once just for the novelty, but it needs more than that for a ship to be financially successful year after year. Adding to the costs is the fact that the cruiseline would have only one ship but have all the overheads required to service that ship.

(Sorry to take the thread off the topic.)

By the way, under the usual convention in Federal Parliament, I don't think Clive qualifies for the title 'honourable'. However, that probably wouldn't stop him. After receiving an Honourary Doctorate, he has styled himself as Doctor and even as 'Professor Palmer'. I feel this is an insult to people who have earned these titles, but maybe a Bogan might think it is OK.

Edited by Aus Traveller

I reckon I am totes Upper Middle Class Bogan :p ...and will be travelling with RCI very soon. For MicCanberra - this is proven by the fact that I live in Queanbeyan Heights (aka Jerrabomberra)!

A definite upgrade from being raised with champagne tastes on a beer budget. I used to love hearing my mum use that phrase.

Edited by TeamH

I reckon I am totes Upper Middle Class Bogan :p ...and will be travelling with RCI very soon. For MicCanberra - this is proven by the fact that I live in Queanbeyan Heights (aka Jerrabomberra)!

A definite upgrade from being raised with champagne tastes on a beer budget. I used to love hearing my mum use that phrase.

Yeah, I appreciate your honesty, I am originally a westie (Sydney) and may be classed the same. :eek:

Upper Middle Class Bogans have the beer tastes on a champagne budget.