I'm ready for some recent Silhouette Caribbean reviews!

micmacmissy

How was disembarking in Fort Lauderdale? Read all the negative reviews last year, and am a little concerned about a long walk from the ship to the terminal. Any info would be appreciated.

We did self disembarkation and were off the ship and on I-95 at 8:05A.M. There is quite a walk from the ship to the terminal, I would guess about 100yds.

Thanks for the effort, but this is from Jan. 2013. Something recent would be great. Anyone??
The link I sent gives you an idea as to what is offered on a daily basis on board the ship. Unless you get a copy of the dailies that are 2 weeks before your sailing, assuming the ship alternates between eastern and western, then it really would not matter whether it was from 2 months ago or 1 year ago, as long as it was from the same cruising region.

Yes, self-disembarkation worked great for us. No issues getting out and through customs. We were at the airport by 8:30. It helped that I had gotten a spinner suitcase recently - it's so easy to roll it as opposed to dragging on 2 wheels.

We did have just one bad note on the trip - with embarkation. I hope it was just a fluke and doesn't come up for anyone else. They had everyone queuing in the same line so even though we could see the separate line for expedited boarding which had only maybe 5 people waiting the guy working the line (had a Royal Caribbean nametag -- not sure if he technically was different from an X employee?) forced EVERYONE to go to the end and not divide into the separate line until you worked your way all the way to the front. It was a super long line and many, many folks were upset because they were meant to have expedited boarding. Finally after waiting over an hour some other employee came down the line asking if anyone was in a suite or CC or Aqua and took us up to the correct line.

In the scheme of things not terrible but it did sort of leave a bad taste since being in AQ one of the perks we were looking forward to was the expedited boarding.

We got off the SIlhouette on the 29th.

I can honestly say I have never had a worse disembarkation experience than I had in FLL getting off of the Silhouette. It took us a good 1.5hr to get off the ship. We had to walk outside for the first hour right by the septic where it smelled absolutely disgusting. A nice return to America... Yuck..

We were zone 15 but I highly recommend self disembarking..

Such a pain..

After reading the long thread here about the woman whose luggage never showed up when they got off the ship (in Rome) I decide to self-disembark every time. Getting off the ship early and ahead of the rush is a bonus but making sure my luggage doesn't go astray is an even bigger deal to me.

I can honestly say I have never had a worse disembarkation experience than I had in FLL getting off of the Silhouette. It took us a good 1.5hr to get off the ship.

We were zone 15 but I highly recommend self disembarking..

I decide to self-disembark every time. Getting off the ship early and ahead of the rush is a bonus
Another option of course is to just sit down and relax and wait until the hoards of people that have to "beat the traffic and get on the road" or that have early flights and are having agita about getting to the airport on time. Leisurely walk off the ship with last call about 930 or so and things will be much less hectic. It's also easier to find your baggage. And remember to always get a porter to shlep your bags for you because they usually have a dedicated line and if by chance the lines are still long, you'll save a little bit of waiting.

Thanks for the link to the dailies. We are going in 48 days! So looking forward to being back on X after 4 cruises with Princess. Mom is coming with me and this is our first time on an S-class ship.

I was surprised to see Bingo only on the 2 sea days. This was something I remember as a daily activity when we were on Celebrity before. Of course my last X cruise was Hawaii so there were 8 sea days. LOL.

Sue