Winter Storm

Yes.....friends of ours are leaving on a cruise today (Sat). They were supposed to fly down yesterday (Fri) out of BDL. They got their flight changed to Thursday with no problem. They should be boarding right about now.

Yes.....friends of ours are leaving on a cruise today (Sat). They were supposed to fly down yesterday (Fri) out of BDL. They got their flight changed to Thursday with no problem. They should be boarding right about now.

Do you have a time machine??

Today is still Friday in this part of the world

We got about 15" of snow and today is bitterly cold. I don't know of anyone who had plans to fly from Boston's Logan to join a ship. No flights went out of Logan after 8 P.M. last night and a great many earlier flights were cancelled. The airport is now trying to return to regular operations.

Frankly the majority of them will be hosed. The airlines will try to rebook those who were in cancelled flights, but with most flights flying at over 90% capacity these days, the vast majority of people will not get out until Monday or Tuesday. The airlines rebook based in a variety of criteria, starting with unaccompanied minors, then the most elite frequent flyers, following by military on orders, then frequent flyers in descending order of status, then first class passengers willing to fly coach, then the rest, mostly based on the fare bucket.

My best advice to anyone who can't get out for a flight on a cruise leaving tomorrow or Sunday is to try to rebook to the first port, cancel the trip and collect the insurance, or start driving.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

You are right...With the holiday this week and being home today (because of the storm) and playing on CC instead of being at work, I'm thinking today is Saturday. They were indeed, supposed to leave today for their cruise tomorrow. They left yesterday! I don't know if they were able to get a room last night at where they'resupposed to be staying tonight, but I'm sure that is the least of their worries.

Edited by marco

You are right...With the holiday this week and being home today (because of the storm) and playing on CC instead of being at work, I'm thinking today is Saturday. They were indeed, supposed to leave today for their cruise tomorrow. They left yesterday! I don't know if they were able to get a room last night at where they'resupposed to be staying tonight, but I'm sure that is the least of their worries.

When a storm is coming, it's a good thing to start checking your airline for the "weather waiver". As soon as it's offered, get on the horn and rebook those flights!!! That is assuming you booked your flights yourself, not through a 3rd party of cruise line air facilitator… Don't wait for someone to offer you what is left!!!