From Host Andy - Kindly Read This Post

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to 2014 !

Over the past few days, I've been working on a 2014 "wish list" for our community. Fortunately, our Community Manager (LauraS), has beat me to it... and I truly hope that everyone will take a few moments to read Laura's outstanding & spot on post : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=28&a=360

I sincerely hope we'll all work together, and lead by example, to make our fantastic community even better. As long as I'm moderating this forum, you can count on my support of Laura's mission.

Thanks very much, and Happy New Year !

Edited by Host Andy

A good and timely reminder, Andy -- thanks for posting it. And a big "Thank You" to you, Laura, and all other mods and tech staff who work so diligently, all year 'round! :cool:

Thank you wwcruisers. Much appreciated !

While I do appreciate the sentiment.. all I can say is good luck with #2!

Have faith in me. That's all I wish to say :)

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Everyone,

Another item of note.... Please do not hesitate to report anything you feel does not meet our community Guidelines, by using the Alert Triangle report.gif, located at the top of each post.

As much as I try to read most every post on my forums, it's not always possible. By submitting an Alert, it gets to my Inbox immediately, thereby bringing it to My (and Host Walt's) attention.

Please allow us to help you. Kindly be proactive on submitting alerts when you have concerns. Thanks again !

Edited by Host Andy

Andy,

Thanks for pointing out Laura's notice. I probably wouldn't have noticed that it was even there if you hadn't. I do hope everyone sees it and tries to abide by it. They are all good points to follow. They make the boards much more enjoyable and informative. I have found myself unsubscribing to way too many threads recently due to the issues she is addressing. Keep up the great work CC and all the dedicated Hosts. You are appreciated.

Thanks Andy! Wish all the mods would post this on the cruise line of their responsibility. Not everyone ... :o including me ... always reads the Announcements.

Overall, most (not all) posters here on CC are nice people who just want to ask questions, help, and/or give information.

Many thanks to Laura S., you, and all the mods for your time and effort! :)

LuLu

~~~~

Always good to be reminded about keeping the boards friendly. Maybe it's just me, but it seems that in the last few months there have been more posts ranging from snarky to insulting to outright mean. We all know the hot topics that get people going - used to be dress code or babies/young children, and now it's the Captains Club changes.

I don't envy the job of the hosts! Sometimes it's a fine line between what is and is not acceptable. For example, if I don't like all the Captains Club changes is it ok to tell me I am acting 'spoiled' or 'entitled', or does that cross the line? I personally get offended by stuff like that as I don't feel it's fair, but when does it become unacceptable versus something I just personally don't want to hear because it isn't true? That is of course a rhetorical question - I am just giving an example of the tough job the hosts have. We appreciate your help!

You know what might be a nice idea, Andy? How about a salute, by screen name, to some of the posters who consistently provide helpful, and always polite information? I can think of a couple of people off the top of my head whose posts I always enjoy reading, even in the midst of a testy thread, because they always manage to keep a clear head and get the thread back to where it needs to be. Kudos to them as well!

Thank you for the great reminder!

As a relative 'newbie' I am often shy about asking questions (or even answering) due to some of the verbal attacks I have seen.

I am a great supporter of "If you can't say anything nice..." even if you do think the OP is way off base by asking for compensation for problems of their own making.

I really appreciate much of your advice and I was thankful for your almost live posts from the Eclipse as I escape the Ontario winter on that itinerary next week.

Sincerely,

Susan Wookey

These are good guidelines, and I will confess that sometimes I have contributed to the negativity -- so I'll try to do better in 2014.

But as to the saying "If you don't have anything nice to say..." I always preferred Dorothy Parker's conclusion: "come sit by me!" ;)

Oops! Another resolution broken in record time. :eek:

Hi Andy ,Laura and everyone else involved with this board. A very Happy New Year to you all.!!

Many thanks for the reminders you have listed. It would be great if everyone who comes on reads it.! lol And takes notice.

Andy, hope you received my email and the gift exchange you wanted.? Please send out regards to your mum,aunt and uncle. It was great to meet them.

Ok looking forward to the next 11 months of meeting new "Friends" on the roll call and helping as many people as I can to enjoy there cruise.

Take care

love

Brenda xx

Thank you Andy for all you do for these boards

I appreciate the extra effort you put forth beyond what some moderators here do on other discussion boards and the fact that unlike a couple of other boards here at cruise critic your actions are always fair and show no preferential treatment to certain posters.

Again, thank you.

These are good guidelines, and I will confess that sometimes I have contributed to the negativity -- so I'll try to do better in 2014.

But as to the saying "If you don't have anything nice to say..." I always preferred Dorothy Parker's conclusion: "come sit by me!" ;)

Oops! Another resolution broken in record time. :eek:

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong"

Have faith in me. That's all I wish to say :)

Haha. I think I'll save this post! :D. But seriously, there really can be a huge difference in the moderation of the various boards. Thanks for posting the link though...the reminder is well needed for all of us. Happy New Year! :)

If I could offer a suggestion to perhaps expand the "sticky" section to include a few more topics that seem to be repeatedly discussed to the point of annoyance. There are several subjects that get beat to death with the same questions and complaints.

The first and foremost topic that comes to my mind is all matters beverage package related, including the 123 Go versions, drink lists, and how people can game the system. Another topic that might be well served by a sticky is the repetitive issue of what should someone do who has booked but now finds a cheaper price, including how perks can or can't be combined.

Anyway, thanks for all your efforts on behalf of the Celebrity cruising community here. They are much appreciated. Here is wishing you a wonderful coming year.

Hi Everyone,

Another item of note.... Please do not hesitate to report anything you feel does not meet our community Guidelines, by using the Alert Triangle report.gif, located at the top of each post.

As much as I try to read most every post on my forums, it's not always possible. By submitting an Alert, it gets to my Inbox immediately, thereby bringing it to My (and Host Walt's) attention.

Please allow us to help you. Kindly be proactive on submitting alerts when you have concerns. Thanks again !

More about the Reporting Triangle (report.gif). The triangle can be used by anyone for anything, from asking us to have a look at a "dubious" post to correcting a thread title. Be sure you are clear in your comments.

Also we will not edit any posts except when asked to do so by the OP.

Finally, no one will ever know you sent us a report except CC management so you can feel assured that if you report someone's post, you will never, ever be identified to the person who posted it.

Thanks.

Edited by Host Walt