elite benifits

dylandog25

Yes, that was me. Were we sitting next to each other and you were waiting for your parents? Good memory (you).

Howdy! Are you taking advantage of more of these promotional cruises?

You also have a great memory...Yes, I will be on the Jan 16th sailing. To good of a deal to pass up! Are you on any of them?

You also have a great memory...Yes, I will be on the Jan 16th sailing. To good of a deal to pass up! Are you on any of them?

Going to miss you. I will be on the sailing before that one. Are you in another suite? Thanks for checking in.

Going to miss you. I will be on the sailing before that one. Are you in another suite? Thanks for checking in.

To bad! Yes, booked a Penthouse, but was offered a moveover deal to a Vista Suite so I took it.

Have a great cruise!

I wonder if they will allow half a mini bar and one coffee card? This way, both DW and I are happy.

We tried to do this on the last cruise and were told 'no' by the Captain Circle host. It is all or nothing. Seems dumb since the mini bar can easily be split in 2 equally. So now we have 1 coffee card with no punches and one with only 8. Guess we won't need to trade for the next couple of cruises. :)

I can see them not wanting to get too many variations on the offer. It is good that they allow you to request which type of mini alcohol bottles and soda will be in the mini bar once you are on board.

I don't see Rum on the list of mini bar default contents though. Really, the Caribbean is a major area serviced by the cruise industry but no Rum in the mini bar? I am hoping that Rum will be an option once on board.

The ability to swap out the mini bar for two coffee cards is a nice option and since the coffee cards can carry over to future cruises, as you mentioned, you will be able to have both on your next cruise. I would have thought that swapping for two coffee cards would be similar to two bottles of wine though yet you only get one in that swap.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

I don't see Rum on the list of mini bar default contents though. Really, the Caribbean is a major area serviced by the cruise industry but no Rum in the mini bar? I am hoping that Rum will be an option once on board.

Not an option for the mini-bar

I can see them not wanting to get too many variations on the offer. It is good that they allow you to request which type of mini alcohol bottles and soda will be in the mini bar once you are on board.

The ability to swap out the mini bar for two coffee cards is a nice option and since the coffee cards can carry over to future cruises, as you mentioned, you will be able to have both on your next cruise. I would have thought that swapping for two coffee cards would be similar to two bottles of wine though yet you only get one in that swap.

Terry

Rum is not an option. The only mini-bottle they have are scotch, gin, vodka and brandy. You get two of each and can swap for any combination of those four choices. They only have one brand of each. For instance, the scotch is Dewars.

You'll be happy to know that I achieved Elite status the "good old fashioned way." I already had over 150 days but only 11 completed cruises when it was changed to be either days or cruises. :) I was looking at completing four more cruises and probably two years before I could get to Elite and I would have had over 180 days. Plus, at the time, I lived in the Boston area. No chance of a short cruise.

I received elite status the new way, but the perks for elite hardly make up for the additional cost of travelling solo.

Terry

We were able to get Bacardi rum on our last cruise. Our room steward changed all the other liquor for Bacardi.

I appreciate everyone's input on this question about the mini bar setup I googled it and found you folks.

I still have 4 more cruises to go to hit elite.

More interestingly I thought that the elite card being black was totally Elite I noticed last month now they look like platinum with a strip on the top what the heck?

Edited by BeachBum777

We were able to get Bacardi rum on our last cruise. Our room steward changed all the other liquor for Bacardi.

Finally some positive news! Thanks for giving me hope. :)

That won't stop me from checking that he doesn't have any Meyers or Mount Gay way on the back of the shelf but I don't drink any of the other mini alcohol bottle items mentioned so far so Bacardi will be just fine.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

More interestingly I thought that the elite card being black was totally Elite I noticed last month now they look like platinum with a strip on the top what the heck?

I just looked. My Captains Circle elite card is a dark charcoalish / black with waves in the background a tad lighter. Now, my cruise cards from my 2 elite cruises are a dark charcoalish / black version of the platinum cruise card with world map in the background and a strip at the top where they print the name of ship etc. When you reach elite you will get a mailing from the Princess Captains Circle with your elite Captains Circle card.

I just looked. My Captains Circle elite card is a dark charcoalish / black with waves in the background a tad lighter. Now, my cruise cards from my 2 elite cruises are a dark charcoalish / black version of the platinum cruise card with world map in the background and a strip at the top where they print the name of ship etc. When you reach elite you will get a mailing from the Princess Captains Circle with your elite Captains Circle card.

Up in the air -:)

Question for those in the know regarding elite tendering benefits.

Is the benefit the same when your returning to the ship as far as the line - or do you just need to wait in line like everybody else?

Wait in line - no distinction is made on the return trip.

Is the benefit the same when your returning to the ship as far as the line - or do you just need to wait in line like everybody else?

No preference when returning to the ship, just join the line with everyone else.

Mike:)

My wife is close to getting to Elite status. One of the things she's been really looking forward to is the free unlimited wifi. However, when I look at the Elite perks on the website I don't see anything relating to wifi/internet other than what Platinum level gets. Does/did Elite get unlimited wifi or an increased number of minutes over Platinum or is this a perk that has gone away in a bout of Princess cost savings?

Edited by AZJerry

The priority tendering benefit only applies to going from the ship to the port. There is no benefit when returning to the ship

My wife is close to getting to Elite status. One of the things she's been really looking forward to is the free unlimited wifi. However, when I look at the Elite perks on the website I don't see anything relating to wifi/internet other than what Platinum level gets. Does/did Elite get unlimited wifi or an increased number of minutes over Platinum or is this a perk that has gone away in a bout of Princess cost savings?

Princess used to give unlimited internet access (internet cafe and wife) to Platinum, Elite and passengers in suites. Several years ago, this was changed. There is no longer any internet benefit for passengers in suites. Passenger who are Platinum or Elite get a credit for the internet. The amount is based on the length of the cruise. It is NOT an unlimited benefit. The credit is the same for Platinum and Elite.

It is likely a good thing that Elite doesn't get unlimited internet as that would probably slow down the internet for everyone to the point where it would likely start running backwards!

I had never heard that Elite used to have more or unlimited internet as compared to Platinum. In any event, I don't know of a cruise line with a more generous free internet benefit than Princess. I use internet a fair bit and can always get by with what Princess gives me for free. I had to buy 555 minutes for $200 on a recent Celebrity cruise.

Terry

Princess used to give unlimited internet access (internet cafe and wife) to Platinum, Elite and passengers in suites. Several years ago, this was changed. There is no longer any internet benefit for passengers in suites. Passenger who are Platinum or Elite get a credit for the internet. The amount is based on the length of the cruise. It is NOT an unlimited benefit. The credit is the same for Platinum and Elite.

Thanks Paul,

This confirms what what I suspected.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...