Shame on you NCL

jakeT

I would like to say something to NCL. I knew when I booked the cruise what the rules were. I understood, that after final payment NCL does not do anything for you.

But my March Breakaway cruise rate went down $1,000 after final payment. And NCL did very little for me. $450 OBC. That it, and that was like pulling teeth. "They went out of there way to do that. "

It just hurts when anyone, can book that cruise today at the lower rate.

I also know this is a patten on the Breakaway. Every cruise after the summer they did this. Even CHRISTMAS Week. Lowered the rate like $700 after final.

This is not the way to treat loyal customers. We are Platinum, guest that does not matter.

Just be wear.. And book after final payment, and you will be treated like platinum

Sadly, as loyal as you are, NCL - just like the airlines and every other large company that has a "loyalty" program - doesn't really care about us. They have run the numbers and they know just how good the customer service has to be to meet their financial goals. Companies won't go any further, because it costs them money. We have to accept this. We book early to get excatly what we want, or we do 90-days ahead and find the best price. Make our choice.

Seriously? And you are upset about the $450 OBC that they did not have to give you? Ask on other cruise line boards and you will learn that the Cruise line does not owe you anything. (Read your contract), yet NCL gave you quite a bit of OBC. Shame on you!

I learned my lesson on these boards in 2012 when my 2 cabins went down $900, and we got $100 OBC. Yes I complained too, but I also learned that I will wait til the last minute now that I live in Florida and will not have to deal with price drops. I hope you enjoy your Spring Break cruise as it will be packed!

Wow, that is an extremely generous OBC. I already had $450 OBC when our suite dropped $800 a month prior to sailing. I only got something like $60 more OBC. I was told that it was the most they could give. Who knows.

But for NCL to match the price difference at 50% OBC is sensational. I would LOVE to know your PCC. I am really happy for you. I don't remember hearing anyone scoring that much OBC for a price drop.

Congratulations! Now GO and have a great cruise!

wow, that is an extremely generous obc.

But for ncl to match the price difference at 50% obc is sensational. I would love to know your pcc. I am really happy for you. I don't remember hearing anyone scoring that much obc for a price drop.

Congratulations! Now go and have a great cruise!

i agree...!!!

I would like to say something to NCL. I knew when I booked the cruise what the rules were. I understood, that after final payment NCL does not do anything for you.

But my March Breakaway cruise rate went down $1,000 after final payment. And NCL did very little for me. $450 OBC. That it, and that was like pulling teeth. "They went out of there way to do that. "

I also know this is a patten on the Breakaway. Every cruise after the summer they did this. Even CHRISTMAS Week. Lowered the rate like $700 after final.

This is not the way to treat loyal customers. We are Platinum, guest that does not matter.

Just be wear.. And book after final payment, and you will be treated like platinum

Than i suggest you wait closer to the sailing date to book your cruise!!!! All cruise lines have the same policy.. After payment you are SOL.. If the prices went up would you be willing to pay more?

They are honoring the price that you and they had agreed on at an earlier date. Since there was a price drop you are now dissatisfied with the price that you agreed to pay.

If the price went up $1000.00 would you be calling up demanding to pay more or would you be suddenly satisfied with the price you had.

Having said that however, it kills me to see a lower price on something I just purchased so I totally get where you are coming from.

1/2 the price drop in OBC ??? Quit while your ahead you will not find to much sympathy with that offer.. Maybe one person comes to mind ;)

As you already knew how the system works . I dont understand your surprise at the price drop .

What would you consider a fair deal ? Just curious ;)

OK I'm going to say something completely different here.

I'm after final payment as well

Thank you NCL,

I didn't call you since final payment, I didn't lose my $50 OBC and you didn't charge me the $270 that my cruise has went up since final payment. :rolleyes:

Really OP, you make it very clear that you knew all of this. You also make it very clear that you have seen a pattern and yet you still made the choice to book ahead and pay what I can only assume you thought was a good enough price to book.

IMO NCL does not require to be shamed on, since they could not possibly be expected to refund everyone for a fire sale, that they are putting on to fill the ship.

The trick is if you know when a price drops after final payment this is going to upset you that you can't get in on it well then don't look at prices after that. In this case you did, you got a great OBC and should be very happy about that amount.

Wow, that is an extremely generous OBC. I already had $450 OBC when our suite dropped $800 a month prior to sailing. I only got something like $60 more OBC. I was told that it was the most they could give. Who knows.

But for NCL to match the price difference at 50% OBC is sensational. I would LOVE to know your PCC. I am really happy for you. I don't remember hearing anyone scoring that much OBC for a price drop.

Congratulations! Now GO and have a great cruise!

Guess we should feel slighter too... we only got $75....All I can say is Wow, I'd be thrilled with OBC like that. But, I bet I would enjoy my cruise more than OP will even without the OBC.

Attitude, attitude, attitude...

OP, enjoy your cruise if you can ...

Anytime the price has changed after final payment and I get ANY consideration from a cruiseline I am happy. Delta does not give me anything if the price changes months after I have booked my flight. $450 is outstanding! Also, if you "knew" that a price pattern for a certain ship was in play, why in the world did you book it, and why do you expect to be some special person? I am also platinum, but that is because I met the qualifications, based on cruises, nights stayed and booking, not because I am some "special buddy" of a large corp.

and yes..... Seriously????

Wow! Your complaining that NCL gave you close to 50% back to you in OBC?! :confused: Being a teacher, I can only cruise when it's the most expensive peak times like spring breaks and the summer. I pay twice, almost three times more than off peak times. I don't complain. I just deal with it. Maybe I should call NCL and complain that I shouldn't have to pay those OUTRAGEOUS prices and they'll lower their price or give me the difference in OBC!

We book way in advance because we like to plan and also we want to be sure that we get a particular sailing or cabin. I do watch for price drops and I always like to feel like I got the best deal possible. I know that there will be last minute deals available but always have to be sure that the price I booked is one that fits our budget and is a good value for our family.

Can't worry about the price someone else paid and bless folks that can wait until the last minute to book!!

Sounds like they really did try to give you something for your peace of mind.

1/2 the price drop in obc ??? Quit while your ahead you will not find to much sympathy with that offer.. maybe one person comes to mind ;)

as you already knew how the system works . I dont understand your surprise at the price drop .

What would you consider a fair deal ? Just curious ;)

lol...

I kind of wish NCL would simply remove cruises from their website after final payment, i.e. stop listing them for sale, even if there are still cabins available. Sell any leftover vacancies through TAs and PCCs without publishing the discounted prices for all the world to see. So people who are already booked and paid in full can stop obsessing about last-minute price changes that have nothing to do with them.

That's one of the reasons I tend to book our cruises after the final payment date. I see prices fluctuate all the time. They're up one week, down the next, then back up. When I occasionally book a cruise before the final payment date, I try to stop looking at prices. Once our TA got us an upgrade when there was a big decline in price (for our November 2001 cruise). But I don't expect anything since the terms of the contract are clear. Getting anything is more than you had to get.

OK...work it this way.

I know that you are past the final payment date. Are you past the "56 days left" mark as well?

If you are between 56 and 75 days before your cruise, and you cancel, all you would lose would be your deposit. So...if you are within this period, AND your deposit amount is less than $1000, you could simply cancel, lose the deposit, and then rebook for this new lower price that you mention. Yes, you'd lose the original deposit, but you would still save 100% of the difference.

Of course, if you are booked in a suite, then a whole different set of rules applies.