What is a yum yum man?

james'mommy

He is a young man who passes out mints, dates, or ginger candy just outside the MDR after dinner. Since the inception of Open seating on the lower level of the MDRs, he is usually only found on the upper level for Fixed dining.

th?id=H.4659151709931103&pid=15.1

Edited by catl331

I've never sailed HAL before. I will be sailing the Eurodam this summer. I've seen reference in some threads of a yum yum man (person). Do you mind me asking what this is? Thanks in advance.

His official title on his name tag now, is "Dining room greeter".

I've never sailed HAL before. I will be sailing the Eurodam this summer. I've seen reference in some threads of a yum yum man (person). Do you mind me asking what this is? Thanks in advance.

As Carol said; the official title for the position used to be Doorman with HAL. It has since been changed to Dining room greeter

His official title on his name tag now, is "Dining room greeter".

All the years we have cruised on HAL, the Yum Yum Man was never there to greet us as he was walking the decks "chiming" us that it was time for dinner.

That was gone for a couple of years (on our cruises) but is now back.

All the years we have cruised on HAL, the Yum Yum Man was never there to greet us as he was walking the decks "chiming" us that it was time for dinner.

That was gone for a couple of years (on our cruises) but is now back.

Seems spotty, Yonnie. Sometimes we've seen him ringing chimes; other times not.

The Yum Tum Man was very present on the Ryndam in December. He was there when we enter the dining room and stood by the door with hand sanitizer. Our table for two was near the entrance, so he would come by every night and say hello. He was so friendly and looked forward to seeing his smiling face. Certainly the "best" after dinner treat!

259314552_YumYumMan.jpg.9e9a45a9ce6e8053c8a83d4e0927a9b7.jpg

We are always a little sad when he isn't outside the door of the dinning room when we leave. The ginger helps when you have eaten too much or the seas are a little rough. And it is nice to end your evening with a smile from him as he wishes you goodnight.

We are always a little sad when he isn't outside the door of the dinning room when we leave. The ginger helps when you have eaten too much or the seas are a little rough. And it is nice to end your evening with a smile from him as he wishes you goodnight.

In the last few years when we've left early dining, there has been a stand with some mints, but no ginger and no Yum Yum man.

I've actually heard some of them refer to themselves as the Yum Yum man, and with a smile. I think it's more a term of endearment, and I don't believe they find it offensive.

I feel this way too and I would never refer to him as such if I knew that the dining room greeters didn't like it.

I've actually heard some of them refer to themselves as the Yum Yum man, and with a smile. I think it's more a term of endearment, and I don't believe they find it offensive.

They and others may not find it offensive because they are unfamiliar with vulgar slang.

I wish we would all refer to him as the dining room greeter or doorman. The other term is offensive.

I don't think of the term as offensive. From my interaction with the yum yum man, they seem to enjoy what they are doing. The ones I came in contact with seemed to enjoy greeting the passengers. In my younger days, in the pharmacy where I worked, an older gentleman employee used to refer to me as "the girl". I never took offense at that.