Balconies on Lido deck?

corsage

Just wondering if you were able to use your balcony on sea days? I understand that the weather does play an important part in this. I think the view would be awesome and the location to the pools would be great. Lets hear about your thoughts and if you would take another stateroom on Lido deck and forward staterooms.

Just wondering if you were able to use your balcony on sea days? I understand that the weather does play an important part in this. I think the view would be awesome and the location to the pools would be great. Lets hear about your thoughts and if you would take another stateroom on Lido deck and forward staterooms.

What ship and where is the balcony located? (facing the side or forward)

The Lido deck balconies are our preferred location after trying cabins all over ship. I spent much time sitting on balcony reading my Kindle on sunny days and watching the flying fish flee the bow wave. We are L238 on the Emerald in March. I think it's best location on ship for the things I like, fitness center, steam room, spa pool, and so easy to stroll back to the Horizon Court for breakfast on the Horizon Terrace. Great location for pools and hot tubs and MUTS. We love it and I bet you will too. :D

The Lido deck balconies are our preferred location after trying cabins all over ship. I spent much time sitting on balcony reading my Kindle on sunny days and watching the flying fish flee the bow wave. We are L238 on the Emerald in March. I think it's best location on ship for the things I like, fitness center, steam room, spa pool, and so easy to stroll back to the Horizon Court for breakfast on the Horizon Terrace. Great location for pools and hot tubs and MUTS. We love it and I bet you will too. :D

Some Lido balconies are not conducive to sitting in a chair for the view as they have a steel bulkhead for a railing rather then glass.

Some Lido balconies are not conducive to sitting in a chair for the view as they have a steel bulkhead for a railing rather then glass.

I've only sailed on the Crown, Caribbean, and Ruby Princess ships so far and when I've booked a balcony on Lido it's been about midway down the corridor. I try and get right in front of the break between cabin classes to catch the cheaper price. Those have always had glass.

We were in room L235 forward, on the Caribbean Nov 30th, it was a great location, it had glass on the balcony to see through. We spent a lot of time siting there both in port and cruising not too windy. We could look into the navigation room from our room

There was no excess movement and a very quite room. I wish more ships had cabins on the Lido deck I would stay there every time. The convince of being were on the action is

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We've had Lido balconies several times, most recently on the Golden Princess in December. I think one had a steel instead of glass at the rail, but really, that wasn't a bother--you can't see all that much through the glass rail anyway.

I usually choose a Lido balcony that is further from the bow, towards the pool area if possible. Love the location--so close to the pools and buffet. The only downside I can see is that if the weather/seas are bad there probably will be more motion that far up and forward. So far, we haven't had an issue with that.

The best thing about Lido as you mentioned is that there is easy access to everything,thus we spend very little time on the veranda.You might want to investigate an Inside Accomodation toward front center or even the very front.You'll save nearly $2,000 USD and have a wonderful time.

Emerald is having 10 day back to backs through March in that very category of stateroom for around $1399pp as compared to a balcony in that same area around $2500pp.

The Lido deck is the last place I would want to have my cabin and forward would be the worst spot on that deck. i much prefer a cabin with other cabins above and below and mid ship for real convenience and less noise.

I agree that high and forward could be a problem in bad weather; but we've been lucky that way; also, we're good sailors. Mostly we can barely tell if we are moving or not.

I worried about noise the first time we had a Lido balcony too, plus ours was close to the stairs/elevators.

We've had 3-4 Lido balconies now and have never had an issue with noise; it's actually quite a quiet location because there aren't all that many cabins there, and the stairs and elevator seem to be less used than others.

Now, I actively look for cabins not far from the stairs and elevators so that there are not such long hallways to walk.

If you have the very most forward balconies, you might not be able to use them when the ship is sailing, due to wind.

We have not be on the Lido deck forward before and thought we would try something different. We were wondering about the front forward ones and how much use the balcony gets. It would be nice since they are larger. Anyone out there that had these. Lets hear from you?

Interesting discussion. Makes me want to try a lido balcony to see if we like it. We tried a stern balcony last year on the Caribbean and did not like it. To us it was quite niosey from the engines and the vibration. The balcony was larger and we did not get the soot that has been mentioned on CC many times. I can understand why some like it but it is not for us.

On one of our first Princess cruises we stayed right under the HC. We quickly learned to stay off the deck right under the lido deck. The things you learn with experience.

Thanks for the tip.

I'm in L107 on the Ruby right now for two segments as part of the Getaways. For the first segment I was in C748. I had no choice in what cabins, as I was determined to have a "free suite" and these were pretty much the only ones that came up (I checked often for returns). It has been very windy most of the time, but I used it anyway (it is a very large balcony). On balance, I think I prefer the aft suite I had (though not the cabin steward!) but if I were ever to book a suite again (not with me paying for it!) I would not be apprehensive about L107. There is some noise from the gym above, and it is surprising the amount of traffic in the hallway.

The noise wouldn't really be an issue on the Royal since the sanctuary is above it and I don't think there would be too much noise coming from that. The forward front facing ones on the Royal are listed as Deluxe Balcony that includes a sofa.

we had L310 and L312 on the Ruby Christmas cruise - we thought it was the best location we have ever had - although normally we love the aft balconies.

10 steps from our cabin to the pool deck and bar - two of our group smoke and the smoking deck was one flight directly above us. It was easier to go to our cabin than to the public bathrooms as well plus the elevators were right there.

just an awesome location - no real issue with traffic either.

Edited by alexspepa

We just got off Sapphire today where we had a Lido balcony--L239.

It was our first Lido balcony and we loved the location.

We did use the balcony during sea days, but we needed a jacket.

Will we book one again ?? YES.

We hang out in the IC so it was a great location.

Pat

I'm in L107 on the Ruby right now for two segments as part of the Getaways. For the first segment I was in C748. I had no choice in what cabins, as I was determined to have a "free suite" and these were pretty much the only ones that came up (I checked often for returns). It has been very windy most of the time, but I used it anyway (it is a very large balcony). On balance, I think I prefer the aft suite I had (though not the cabin steward!) but if I were ever to book a suite again (not with me paying for it!) I would not be apprehensive about L107. There is some noise from the gym above, and it is surprising the amount of traffic in the hallway.

Have you used the deck area forward of L107? Friends of mine are booked in L104 on CB in a few weeks. They're curious of how much use they will get of this area while underway and if there is any furniture on the deck area.