Luggage Tags-uh oh!

CruisinCanine

Boss and hubby leaving on the Emerald on 18th. As they pulled out of the driveway yesterday, I said-did you print off your luggage tags? Blank look :rolleyes: back at me. I said it would have been like when you sailed before. Anyway, obviously not but they do have their own personal luggage tags on their suitcases. Husband claimed he never got an email about that this time. They did have a move up option re: cabin which they DIDN'T ask for was was sorted out and confirmed back via email to them on Friday Jan. 10th. Maybe this affected the sending of email with tag link with their cruise/cabin information. Don't know. ANYWAY, how important are the luggage tags for them to have? I can try and get them to get them printed off between now and Sat. AM if they are needed as I can get into the home computer to find the email no problem(no worries, trusted 20 year employee with clearance).They are driving down to the port, taking 5 days so I can get in touch with them if needed.

Thanks all!

Boss and hubby leaving on the Emerald on 18th. As they pulled out of the driveway yesterday, I said-did you print off your luggage tags? Blank look :rolleyes: back at me. I said it would have been like when you sailed before. Anyway, obviously not but they do have their own personal luggage tags on their suitcases. Husband claimed he never got an email about that this time. They did have a move up option re: cabin which they DIDN'T ask for was was sorted out and confirmed back via email to them on Friday Jan. 10th. Maybe this affected the sending of email with tag link with their cruise/cabin information. Don't know. ANYWAY, how important are the luggage tags for them to have? I can try and get them to get them printed off between now and Sat. AM if they are needed as I can get into the home computer to find the email no problem(no worries, trusted 20 year employee with clearance).They are driving down to the port, taking 5 days so I can get in touch with them if needed.

Thanks all!

Not to worry they are available at the pier from the luggage handlers. :)

They have a current passenger/cabin list.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

As the others have said, the porters will have tags available. But if they want to avoid having to do that (it only takes a few minutes), they can print the tags at wherever they're staying between now and then.

we got no emails at all.

I called and they said login, print passes and tags. im sure ur ok tho like others said.

Right, there is no such e-mail.

An experienced Princess cruiser should know how to find/print the boarding pass and luggage tags.

An novice Princess cruiser who uses a TA should learn from the TA how to find/print the boarding pass and luggage tags.

All novice Princess cruisers should download the Princess Cruise Answer Book from the Princess web site. Information on boarding passes and luggage tags is in this booklet. It is a shame that Princes no longer mails this booklet automatically, especially to those new to Princess.

Thanks guys. It's been a few years since they cruised so some of the minor details likely got overlooked. I'll email them and let them know they will be able to have the porters at the Dock find some. Sticky ones sound way better then what I did 2 yrs ago.

I personally think Princess should email about a reminder link a few weeks before sail dates but likely not the manpower for that step, and it should be one step...lol.

Cruise on....

Edited by CruisinCanine

Your friends should have gottens several emails from Princess regarding their cruise with general info about shore excusrsions, shipboard personnell etc. All of this is listed on the Cruise Personalizer section of the Princess website. I sure hope they looked at it as several sections need to be filled out to be able to board the ship. (and access closes to this I believe 3-5 days prior to sailing)

Edited by DougH

Thanks guys. It's been a few years since they cruised so some of the minor details likely got overlooked. I'll email them and let them know they will be able to have the porters at the Dock find some. Sticky ones sound way better then what I did 2 yrs ago.

I personally think Princess should email about a reminder link a few weeks before sail dates but likely not the manpower for that step, and it should be one step...lol.

Cruise on....

There ARE follow up emails from Princess!!

I take it you are not copied on them?

When we cruised last April, two weeks prior to the cruise we received an email from Princess advising the names of Cruise Director and Circle Host. Below their pictures were to headers, "Get Excited" and "Get Ready". The first item under "Get Ready" was to make sure you print your boarding pass before you leave for your trip. Below is a picture of what was contained in the email.

princessbp.jpg.99837cf3be28c53b190602f6f39c488c.jpg

Thanks for this posting! With a TA away due to family health matters we aren't certain what is going to be coming from their office but now, thanks to your post, we have our tags, boarding passes, and travel summary all printed for our cruise in February.

Ya gotta love this board!

An experienced Princess cruiser should know how to find/print the boarding pass and luggage tags.

An novice Princess cruiser who uses a TA should learn from the TA how to find/print the boarding pass and luggage tags.

All novice Princess cruisers should download the Princess Cruise Answer Book from the Princess web site. Information on boarding passes and luggage tags is in this booklet. It is a shame that Princes no longer mails this booklet automatically, especially to those new to Princess.

You know im not novice by any means, but never done princess.

in most cases, you get a lot of random emails prior to the cruise, like oh dont forget to login, do u want to read the FAQ? etc , etc.

soem places even mail you lots of cards, bon voyage (Disney).

so i was surprised to get NOTHING from Princess, at all....

just my 2c. im managing 3 families and the rest are not cruisers, so its an uphill battle! :)

Your friends should have gottens several emails from Princess regarding their cruise with general info about shore excusrsions, shipboard personnell etc. All of this is listed on the Cruise Personalizer section of the Princess website. I sure hope they looked at it as several sections need to be filled out to be able to board the ship. (and access closes to this I believe 3-5 days prior to sailing)

i got none either :( thats so weird. I have gmail, and checked spam/trash, etc... :confused:

I think the stevedores actually have the nice, sticky ones too, don't they? Those are so much better than the paper ones anyway.

yes i was hoping for those sticky/sturdy ones.. i like those.

so i was surprised to get NOTHING from Princess, at all....

i got none either :( thats so weird. I have gmail, and checked spam/trash, etc... :confused:

Go to the personalizer for your cruise

In the Travel Documents section there should be a link to the pre-cruise e-mails they should have sent to you. If you do not see any, contact Princess and ask why they are not there.

Travel Documents

Print Travel Summary

Print Boarding Pass, Luggage Tags, and other documents

Pre-Cruise Emails

If you do not see any, contact Princess and ask why they are not there.

Travel Documents

Print Travel Summary

Print Boarding Pass, Luggage Tags, and other documents

Pre-Cruise Emails

If they ARE there

Check the SPAM Folder of the email software :)