Florists gone along with the rest of the flowers on board

mommabean

I've seen bits and pieces about the florists being gone from the ships. The on board tailor is now in charge of a table full of stuff for sale. Sorry, I didn't take a picture but it was basically Royal Caribbean logo items that are set up on his table in front of the dining room. Robes, beach bags, water bottle holders, slippers aka flip flops to many of us, toiletry packs, towels, etc...

But the part that makes me sad is that there are no more flowers on the tables in the dining room. The alstroemeria flowers with the lasting power they placed on all the tables are a thing of the past.

9792465-alstroemerias-branch-in-a-vase-on-a-white-background.jpg

What next? As in...what will they eliminate next in order to make the shareholders happy while cutting into the on board experience.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

How sad. Those floral arrangements were absolutely beautiful on the cart outside the MDR. Guess I won't have to worry about getting flowers on our next cruise.:(

Ummm....is the on-board tailor in competition with the Shops on Board??

Edited by cruisenfever

We order flowers all the time for our cabin. ON the website it seems to all be there. Is this wrong now?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/category/home.do?catCode=FLORL1

You can order them on the website. That is the only way you will be able to get them. They just aren't sending any to the ship for impulse buys, dining room tables, or for that matter, even for staff or officers to send to the room for a special occasion or as is sometimes done, to make up for an issue. No apology bouquets, last minute happy birthdays, formal night flower.

It's the tailor who also worked as the florist - he is now a logo item salesman.

Pre-cruise orders only - as you do - will continue.

Gina

You can order them on the website. That is the only way you will be able to get them. They just aren't sending any to the ship for impulse buys, dining room tables, or for that matter, even for staff or officers to send to the room for a special occasion or as is sometimes done, to make up for an issue. No apology bouquets, last minute happy birthdays, formal night flower.

It's the tailor who also worked as the florist - he is now a logo item salesman.

Pre-cruise orders only - as you do - will continue.

Gina

Thanks, that will make the wife very happy.

How sad. Those floral arrangements were absolutely beautiful on the cart outside the MDR. Guess I won't have to worry about getting flowers on our next cruise.:(

Ummm....is the on-board tailor in competition with the Shops on Board??

I have no idea about the competition. I just know it's all logo items. I sure wish I had taken a picture. It's completely logo items and they all appeared to be a little bit different than items I've seen in the shops. I admit to not having gone in the shops lately. I do own a towel like they are selling and the little brown toiletry baskety type bag with items inside. I'll take pictures with my phone later and show you what these 2 things are.

The slippers are "his and hers" in a bag. They have a little velcro strap cover that can change the color of the flip flops from blue to yellow. I didn't look closely but it was something like that.

The tailor said he misses the flowers. I thought, like you, that they were pretty to see on the way into the dining room. Most surprising to me though is that they can't see fit to place one little alstroemeria stem on each table in a vase. I can't help but wonder if this will be the scenario in the specialty restaurants, too. There is always the possibility that they will be ordering flowers for Chops just as we can order them for pre-cruise delivery. No flowers on the table in a specialty restaurant would cut into the experience a little.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

I wondered why my D+ amenity ( The English Garden Basket) was no longer on the list. This must be why.

Oh no, I sometimes ordered flowers, too. I hadn't thought of this. It seems like this could be included with the preordered flowers from gifts and gear. After all, we request them prior to cruising. It would be nice to have an non-liquid amenity that doesn't require bringing home. :(

Gina

I emailed them my thoughts on all of the little cutbacks. Here's the link for those who want to go right to the form.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUsOnline.do

No chocolates, toiletries, slippers in suites, pens, paper, flowers on dining tables or for sale or as a D+ gift.

The only positive change I can see is the post cruise survey being done electronically.

Gina

I emailed them my thoughts on all of the little cutbacks. Here's the link for those who want to go right to the form.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUsOnline.do

No chocolates, toiletries, slippers in suites, pens, paper, flowers on dining tables or for sale or as a D+ gift.

The only positive change I can see is the post cruise survey being done electronically.

Gina

...which is NOT a plus if you are on a B2B cruise, since it expires before you get home.

They were also on my recent oasis cruise.

I wondered if the two big ones would be the same. They had some things longer than other ships in the past - like chocolate.

Maybe they have some contracts for flower purchases that haven't expired yet.

They are gone from ships in Alaska, too. I found out a few weeks ago from Rhapsody they would be eliminated and have heard they are already gone from Radiance.

Edited by mommabean

They were also on my recent oasis cruise.

The CD on our NYE Brilliance cruise announced that they were eliminating the florist fleet wide effective 1/1, so it is possible that it will take a week or two to implement across the fleet

The CD on our NYE Brilliance cruise announced that they were eliminating the florist fleet wide effective 1/1, so it is possible that it will take a week or two to implement across the fleet

Ya my cruise was before the new year

You mean they don't give you free internet time for the survey?

No, but you can get the amazing discounted rate of ONLY 85 cents per minute, and pray that your computer does not decide to turn itself COMPLETELY OFF in the middle of what you are doing! :eek: